international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-17 11:23:24

J_A
Administrator
Website

END IN SIGHT FOR 24

source: http://www.pr-inside.com/end-in-sight-for-hit-show-r1010695.htm

KIEFER SUTHERLAND's groundbreaking TV drama 24 is set to end after season eight - paving the way for a big screen adaptation.
The cult series, in which Sutherland stars as federal agent Jack Bauer, is currently in its seventh season.
And executive producer Howard Gordon intends to axe it after one more series - but only to enable him to make a big-budget movie version.
He says, "My hope is to go after the eighth season. That's sort of what we're aiming for. I don't think that a big-screen 24 works while Jack is on TV." And Sutherland has warned fans not to expect a happy ending for his character.
He says, "I see Jack as a really human figure and there is something innately tragic about people. I think there is no winning. We're all going to die.
There's something kind of sad in that, and yet there's something really beautiful and hopeful."

I've always believed that Jack had to die for the show to end and I do hope they mean what Kiefer said. even knowing that he's always flet like jack COULD die, and yet, he's dodged the bullets and escaped death more than any other man alive, probably. I hope he and Tony will die together as the show ends, cause that really is the only way that Tony SHOULD ever die. Together with his only true brother, Jack wink

Any thoughts?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-01-17 22:42:59

24nut
Website

Re: END IN SIGHT FOR 24

hmm, well we have no idea whats going to go down before the end arrives, but a death like Ryan Chappelles or George Masons is what Jack needs, i agree, Jack kind of has to do die for the show to get some closure, it has to be a truly heroic and personal scene though.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-01-17 23:12:19

J_A
Administrator
Website

yep, like the two brothers walking into a firefight or setting off a bomb to destroy something of colossal importance, and being the show's true most tragic heroes

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-01-21 04:24:37

24roxmysox3

:'( That was so beautiful (in a tragic and sad sort of way...) i agree that jack has to die in some like really big bomb attack while he like is trying to save millions and millions of people, although it will still be kinda depressing when he dies... i mean, seeing as he is like the ultimate super human who lives through EVERYTHING!!!!!

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#5 2009-01-21 10:51:16

24nut
Website

i've been thinking about this and i would have preferred the ending to have been like the season 6 finale, minus the soap opera storylines about Jack's nephew and father, but the way he confronted Heller and then just stood at the cliff edge, in someway the unknown factor about what Jack was going to do next gave it that conclusional feeling. Maybe its just me but i really liked that ending.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#6 2009-01-21 23:21:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

it was a nice ending but it leaves things too ambiguous. if they want him to die they will have to show us his dead body.

one difficulty that comes with the "killing jack during TV season" is that if they did do that, then the movie would have to be a prequel, which it won't be. so I dunno... will they bring the 24 movie to the big screen and kill him then? hardly, cause then somehow we'd feel (or at least I would) like the series isn't really over cause jack didn't die during the season... i dunno. weird.

tony.jpg

#7 2009-01-22 03:35:20

24roxmysox3

I dont know i thought like sence the first sentance i read off this topic that he was gonna die during the movie but now i totally see your point...that just wouldnt do...

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#8 2009-01-22 14:55:08

24nut
Website

i dont actually want a movie, i just dont think it could be executed well enough, stick with the series in my opinion.

#9 2009-01-22 15:40:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

I tend to agree... though the first XF movie was ok. but we'll see.

tony.jpg

Board footer