24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-15 05:02:11

bauerpowerhour

What Summer Movies Have You Psyched and Why?

I already saw Iron Man. Very much enjoyed it. Here's my list:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: If Harrison's too old, you wouldn't know it from the footage I've seen. Plus, "Rocky Balboa" and "Live Free or Die Hard" have me pumped for the return of yesteryear's heroes.

"The Dark Knight" I must concede, you Brits have some of the greatest film talent. As I was rewatching "Batman Begins" last night, I realized that though the film (presumably) is set in America, this is a British film, through and through. You've got Chris Nolan, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Tom Wilkinson here. Nolan is a fabulous director, and with the exception of Caine, all of the actors were playing Americans, and convincingly so (which reminds me: are there any cases where American actors speak with credible English accents? I can't think of any). To our credit the great Morgan Freeman is ours. Anyway, TDK will rule. Heath Ledger is blowing my mind in these trailers.

WALL*E - C'mon. It's Pixar. Nuff said.

Oh, tangent. I've heard it said that American actress Claire Danes makes a convincing Brit in Stardust. I thought she sounded good, but being from the States, I'm not a sound authority on the subject. Those who are British, your thoughts?

"Narnia" should be okay.

"The Happening" is supposed to be Shymalan's return to form. I hope so, because I love the man's work when he's on. "Unbreakable" is in my top ten, and I think it's highly underrated.

I hope "The X-Files" sequel lives up to the glory of that show's early and middle seasons.

Last one: "Son of Rambow" is supposed to be hilarious.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he left his car keys. He spent the next 30 minutes torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

#2 2008-05-15 09:10:10

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: What Summer Movies Have You Psyched and Why?

Indiana Jones and Batman are probably my two big choices, the ones i'm really looking forward too this summer.

I can't remember any American actors putting on convincing British accents off the top of my head, although that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Tropic Thunder, a comedy with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey, Jr as actor trying to film a serious Vietnam war film looks hilarious from the trailer, a bit hard to describe but looks good.

Ofcourse my most awaited film of the year is the new Bond pic, Quantum Of Solace, although it's not actually a summer pic, it's out in October.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2008-05-15 20:27:35

J_A
Administrator
Website

bauerpowerhour wrote:

I hope "The X-Files" sequel lives up to the glory of that show's early and middle seasons.

So do I, and that's basically the only film - maybe in addition to the SATC movie - that I think I might convince myself to go and watch at the actual movie theater. somehow, although there are many movies I want to see, I hardly ever get around to it. but with the x files movie, I KNOW I will have to see it - if only so that I can discuss it with MFL - and as far as the SATC one goes, hey, now that's one movie a self-respecting chick can't miss, right? wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2008-06-17 19:56:29

Past Present Fortune

I've psyched Iron Man (which delivered in my opinion), The Incredible Hulk (which delivered in my opinion), The Dark Knight (which I'm hoping delivers and I have no doubt that it will) and finally Adulthood which is the sequel of the british movie Kidulthood which I considered to be the most realistic looks at what life is like for teenagers in east london and also the best british movie ever made.

#5 2008-06-27 21:23:36

Steveb

Hang on, you can't just throw around the phrase "best British movie ever made" haphazardly like that. There's such a plethora of great British films that it'd be impossible to choose one. Just out of interest are you from London? Just intrigued...

Anyway, Summer films... Wall-e. Done.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#6 2008-06-28 12:45:32

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Anyway, Summer films... Wall-e. Done.

What is Wall-e and whats all the hype surrounding it?

Me i'm just psyched for summer 2010 when we'll get another Bourne movie, but thats a little off topic.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#7 2008-07-09 11:51:43

24nut
Website

Dark Knight and Wall-E for me.

I saw the prologue for the dark knight and it was awesome. Cant wait for that.

Dan, wall-e is the new Disney/Pixar movie, heres a link to the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/hd/

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#8 2008-08-20 02:54:43

24roxmysox3

havn't seen Dark Knight, but i've heard it's a movie you either love or hate.  Wall-e was ADORABLE! also Journey to the Center of the Earth was good, to all of you who've heard of it.  Indiana Jones was great with Shia LaBouf and Harrison Ford.  Good stuff!!!!!!

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

Board footer