24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-12 17:59:54

Steveb

Season 8 Promos - Thoughts?

Just watched the new season 8 promos. It looks like the season theme is going to be Jack wanting to retire but having to do one last job, which would be great as it would nicely finish the story- however they choose to end episode 24.

Nice moments: The young agent asking who Jack Bauer is. Jack's scene with his grand-daughter (dialogue possibly a tad forced, but quite sweet.) What looked like a glimpse of Tony- although it may just have been Jimmy Smits getting his action groove on.

All in all, done what any good trailer should which is whet my appetite for January. Now to go back to rewatch again.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#2 2009-11-15 14:32:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Season 8 Promos - Thoughts?

yeah, i've seen the trailer too. looks good and flashy as usual. the topic of jack wanting OUT, and being pulled back IN is of course, not new or innovative, but we'll see how it all plays out. i don't really have many thoughts on this right now, other than that tony needs to find redemption and as such be featured in the season and that i stand by my opinion that jack must die. however, with the plans of a / the movie(s) coming up, we all know that ain't gonna happen. right?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2009-11-21 21:48:23

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Season 8 Promos - Thoughts?

24_s8_poster_01.jpg

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer