24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-12 22:49:42

J_A
Administrator
Website

Kiefer being a pro on set :)

I'm posting this here, although it is about Season 8, because it doesn't really reveal anything about the season and it's more just about kiefer's being a professional - so I wanted everyone to see this, even if they're avoiding spoilers for Season 8. I'm putting the location in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Kiefer dry in the Mojave

By LINDA MASSARELLA

LOS ANGELES -- Kiefer Sutherland is back at work and, according to sources on the set of his hit TV series, 24, is staying as dry as salted cod. Sun Media has learned exclusively the eighth episode of the Fox thriller is now filming near a [spoiler]Marine base in the Mojave desert,[/spoiler]
east of Los Angeles. While the Toronto-raised Sutherland still goes on benders on his days off -- a pit stop not far from the set in a dusty town called Covina, Ca. on June 20th to slam some beers at a couple of local bars was chronicled in the local news -- during the work week he's a pro. "Kiefer is up at dawn like everyone else and does what he does and does it marvelously. Nobody is covering for him, nobody has to," said a source working on the set. After getting caught driving and drinking and repeatedly being in the news for public drunken altercations, the Toronto-born Sutherland openly admitted to a drinking problem. "I can't deny half the stuff that's been written about me has been true," he admitted in a published interview. "I've done some stupid things. You have to take responsibility, go, 'That was embarrassing,' and move forward." Despite the monkey on his back, perhaps even because of it, Sutherland, 42, thrives when he turns on his Jack Bauer, the lead role in the wildly popular television series. "You can so tell the series is everything to him," continued the source. "In the evening he eats, learns his lines and beds down. He's in Jack Bauer mode and he's saving the world." Hey, whatever works. Let's hope, for both Sutherland and its many fans' sakes, 24 never ends.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer