24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-23 15:31:38

Steveb

Season 8 characters SPOILERS

Checking my emails this morning, I got an email from Spotlight, which is the UK's biggest casting service and is responsible for casting a fair portion of tv, theatre and films in this country. So imagine my surprise when a casting for 24- season 8 came up.

The suggestion would be that at least a section of the season (probably the early stages) will take place in the UK.

The characters are a middle eastern family, the father of the whom is Secretary of state for his brother who is President of their country. The President is trying to broker a peace deal with the US which his brother is unhappy about.

It doesn't really say anymore than that other than the characters will be recurring for between 6-13 episodes.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#2 2009-04-27 19:48:52

24nut
Website

Re: Season 8 characters SPOILERS

oooh, this sounds very interesting, the uk hey, well if that happens then i will have to take some visits to the set.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-06-02 21:38:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

Thanks Stevie, I was just about to post something that Kas of ALMEIDAISGOD.COM just put up on the site. I might as well add it to your post since it's about the same topic. The original article with SPOILERS can be found in New York Post here:

http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/06/24_season_8_rec.html

As far as casting goes, NY Post states that Carlos Bernard, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Elisha Cuthbert and Annie Wersching will be back as far as regular characters go (aside from Kiefer, of course), and adds the names of four actors who will be involved in "24" for the first time:

Freddie Prinze Jr is season eight's Curtis Manning - Head of Field Ops
Jennifer Westfeldt is the new Rob Wieland, but with Janis Gold's personality - journalist
Chris Diamantopoulos is the new Olivia Taylor - Chief of Staff
Mykelti Williamson is the replacement for the late Bill Buchanan - Head of (reestablished) CTU.

And of course, it is no secret the new CTU will be based in Big Apple.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-06-02 21:40:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

oooh, this sounds very interesting, the uk hey, well if that happens then i will have to take some visits to the set.

if that happens means that we'll have to know beforehand... and I've never ever heard before something happened that it was about to happen, in the circle of 24 (aside from the one time Carlos was in the UK and you got to meet him).

sooooo... if you do find out about it, let ol'J_A know, so she can see about booking some tix to the UK for visits to the set big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2009-06-02 22:46:34

hardy24
Administrator
Website

According to the wikipedia article for 24: season 8, the President of the middle eastern nation has already been cast and is down as a series regular.

Also the story details we have so far seem terribly stale, with one middle eastern figure wanting to forge a peace deal, and another one not, thats season 6 all over again.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#6 2009-06-03 21:27:42

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh I do hope they'll come up with a better storyline than that... cause I'm sure they know that if they don't, many of us will just regard s7 as the last ever season - like some of us have done with s5 back in the day... or s3. lol.

tony.jpg

#7 2009-06-03 22:15:57

hockeyfan_94

The President of the middle eastern country is Anil Kapoor, from Slumdog Millionaire.

Most of the season is supposed to happen in New York, according to rumors. And it's been said that it will be set approximately 6 weeks after Season 7.

#8 2009-06-05 21:40:59

J_A
Administrator
Website

hockeyfan, I know that information the information about the few weeks after s7 has been around for a while now but as things stand now it is not possible. because judging by how much kim bauer's daughter has grown, it must be at least two years, possibly three to four. which makes sense a little bit, because if jack went through stem cell therapy, that will have taken a while, and by giving him more time than just a few weeks they've ensured he recovered enough to be able to get through another day. although I was kinda hoping he'd still be showing traces of the sickness - but I guess we've really had enough of that in s7, it's been done very well.

tony.jpg

Board footer