24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-23 23:56:54

24nut
Website

7x14 Discussion / 9:00pm - 10:00pm

Nice episode, it had a great feel about it Jack running around at night, reminds me of season 1 a lot actually, Jack looks pretty bad ass going around in a suit like that, awesome stuff.

Hodges is gearing up to become quite a villain, i loved the part where he said "grab your toothbrush's and pyjama's" lol, that made me laugh.

I liked the scene with Morris, i think he is a good character, i liked the way he reponded to Larry saying that Jack killed Burnett, you would think by now that the government would trust Jack a little better by now, but oh well.

The scene with Senator Mayer and Jack was very good, i think Mayer was genuinly going to help Jack, i dont think he would have double crossed him, i think he realised that Jack is necessary and so are his actions. Kiefers acting as usual was simpy brilliant, his reaction to when Mayer gets killed by Quinn was spot on. I especially liked the part where Jack jumped through the glass.

The fight scene was very cool, when Quinn entered the cabin i was sure that Jack would jump out from the darkness, and im sure that was the writers intention, it made the part where he flipped the cabin on its side come as a suprise. The fight scenes are much better this season, they are more real and gritty, which i like.

So the bioweapons are in DC, im sure something big is going to happen in the next 2 episodes. And whats Mr Almeida doing whilst Jack is fighting Quinn, eating at a restaurant of course. Im glad that Tony is going to be in the next episode a lot, the preview looks really really good.

This season just keeps getting stronger and stronger, the quality of these episodes is showing that the writers strike is a good thing, the planning has paid off. 10 episodes left now.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2009-03-24 23:42:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: 7x14 Discussion / 9:00pm - 10:00pm

that's what it is about meyer. he would have helped jack, and now that they've got him to the place where he was actually willing to turn to their side, they killed him. typical. lol.

the fight scene with quinn was one of the best fistfights of 24. well done, jack.

I've just watched that next episode, yeah, tony's in it a lot, but as for what happens, of course, i won't state it here, but.... we all knew how things would develop... aaargh. lol.

yeah, the bioweapons. of course. you know, this season, suddenly we have a balance between personal storylines, characterization and a threat to thousands of lives. suddenly, they're doing it well. so even though I want to go, *yawn, another biological weapon, another case of 1000s of lives at stake*, I have to say it's been handled well (so far), and yeah, you have to have a relevant threat, or the show as a whole won't make much sense.

and I can hardly believe it's only ten eps left. what will we do once it ends? I hate the prospect of another wait....... dammit!

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2009-03-25 19:06:09

24nut
Website

I know only 10 episodes, it will go slower than the last 10 though i hope, i wish 24 was on all year round. I've got a feeling that whatever happens in the next 10 episodes will set up the final act for 24.

I saw the preview for episode 15 and i sneaked the episode 16 one, so i know what your talking about j_a. Im going spoiler free now though.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2009-03-26 22:35:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

the more I see of this season, the more I'm convinced, and that certainty is at about 99.6% now, that tony will not make it through this season alive. I've actually come up with a very credible scenario that I'm quite afraid the writers might choose as the path to travel. I will offer up my version of season 7 finale in the thread for episode 15, since that's where it comes from....

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2009-03-26 23:39:11

24nut
Website

Im not that certain, but defiantly got my doubts, if it's done in a right way then i wont be too sad about it, well i will because Tony rocks, but it has to be better than his previous death. An ending that was thought about for the finale of season 6 where Jack commits suicide after visiting Audrey, which was also a scene that they thought about bringing Tony back in. I can see Tony going out that way, maybe he has information that he knows someone may get out of him so he jumps.

Or they could go the way of Ryan Chappelle or George Mason. I'd prefer him to live though. But if he dies, i want it to have more of an impact on Jack, in season 5 where he was holding him and crying, that was great but when the next episode started he was fine, as if nothing happened.

#6 2009-03-27 12:42:28

J_A
Administrator
Website

you know, back in season 5, I knew that and how tony would die, cause MFL had told me, but that didn't stop me from feeling so sad and even crying a little. right now, I'm again expecting it to happen, however with no proof of it as of yet, but I think this time I'd just be angry, really really furious, and disappointed, as well as feeling betrayed. I don't even think I could cry. I've posted my speculation in the episode 15 thread, just taking into account what happens in that episode and personal theories, as well as a couple of facts from interviews that aren't technically plot spoilers.

tony.jpg

#7 2009-03-28 11:32:54

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Another solid episode in 14, although a touch of the predictables in Senator Mayer getting shot - they are tap dancing nicely and have kept things moving, i'm just hoping 15 delivers something a little more "solid".

I must say at the end of this episode I thought I was seeing a deleted or alternative scene from season 1, the lighting and staging was dead on for the final hours of season 1 - all pitch black and moody with a touch of blues and yellows and when "Port of Alexandria" was spoken aloud my brain made me hear "Port of Los Angelos"

I obviously have less info than you do J_A, but i'd predict an cliffhanger ending to the season where both Jack and Tony's lives where in very real mortal danger and your not sure who would survive.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, at some stage they will kill Jack and it will be a huge shock because everyone will be thinking "nah, jacks un-kill-off-able"

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#8 2009-03-28 16:45:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

I hope so, dan, but with season 8 and the movie seemingly rock solid in the planning, jack is unlikely to die in any of the seasons. and will they kill him in a feature film? I don't know.

tony.jpg

#9 2009-03-29 11:30:50

Steveb

I can see them killing him this season if for no other reason than they're running out of things to do with him, him being asked to answer for his crimes is almost an epilogue for his character. I'd like to think that they've brought Tony back in order to potentially hand over the mantle, but I'm probably being incredibly naive.

As for this episode, it was inevitably a little slow given the tension of the previous 2 or 3 episodes, but they are at least pushing on towards an endgame rather than sitting on their laurels for too long. The death of the senator did actually blind side me although I guess it was inevitable. It's also a shame Quinn had to die so soon, it's been a long time since there's been a kick ass henchman knocking around.

A slight caveat, why has no one bothered to contact Bill's wife, surely she's still connected in Washington somehow?!

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#10 2009-03-29 19:06:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

you're right steve, I haven't even thought of karen hayes, knowing that she wasn't going to be in this season. but yes, someone should at least have mentioned her name. like, "contact karen hayes, let her know.... lalala"

as for that nice thought of "potentially handing over the mantle" , as much as I'd love to see that happen, i really don't see it happening. in fact, the longer this season goes, the more convinced I am that this is it concerning tony. he'll get the silent clock come 7x24. I still hope I'm wrong, but... unless this is going to go the other way and get kim killed instead. which I'd approve of. wink

tony.jpg

#11 2009-03-30 20:56:03

hardy24
Administrator
Website

J_A, not sure how this fits in with your theories, but an interesting quote from Kiefer about the finale, not really spoilerific, but it's inside spoiler tags just incase.

[spoiler]The most I can tell you about it (the finale) is that it's not going to end because someone cuts two wires and the clock on the bomb stops. It is going to end with some of the characters going through a very difficult emotional dilemma which will be much more dramatic than a big action sequence. I believe that it's the most powerful important ending that we've ever had to a season.[/spoiler]

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#12 2009-03-30 21:06:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah that's indeed one of the things that flows into my theory, that [spoiler]emotional dilemma - i.e. personal drama[/spoiler]
thing. I've come up with my theory after seeing ep 15 last week - hence it's posted in the ep 15 thread - but last night I discovered that the quote you're showing in the spoiler tag goes on to say something that is very confusing in the light of kiefer having been in this game so long that he wouldn't give away a spoiler of this magnitude, but unfortunately it fits with my theory, if interpreted that way. he says,

[spoiler]when talking about how difficult it's been losing the actors that had become like family to him, and mentions "leslie hope, in the first season, dennis haysbert, carlos bernard - twice" - and that "twice" bit has really got me worried now.[/spoiler]
and I can't figure out what he might be referring to unless the ending of this season.

tony.jpg

Board footer