24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-20 16:04:16

hockeyfan_94

7x09 Discussion - 4:00 to 5:00 PM

Since no one has started this discussion yet either, I thought I would.

It seems that the current plot is drawing to a close. Jack has recovered the CIP device, rescued most of First Gentleman Taylor, and Dubaku is on the run. Granted, we still don't know whether or not the FG will survive or if Jack and Renee can catch Dubaku, but this plot line is done for the most part. I'm sure that the writers will have something great in store for the rest of the season.

Did anyone notice that, when Jack and Renee were in the basement of Dubaku's safehouse (where FG Taylor was held), Renee said, "I can't get it to boot!" when she was standing over a laptop? The screen on the laptop showed the desktop, icons, a mouse icon, etc. It was perfectly fine.

#2 2009-02-20 23:24:47

hockeyfan_94

Re: 7x09 Discussion - 4:00 to 5:00 PM

Yeah, I was really happy about Aaron, but I wonder what happened to him in between seasons. Last time we saw him, he was married to Martha Logan. Did they move to DC?

#3 2009-02-21 10:01:54

J_A
Administrator
Website

hockeyfan_94 wrote:

Since no one has started this discussion yet either, I thought I would.

No one has started the discussion yet because this episode hasn't aired in the UK yet wink and this is a UK site. But it's quite alright starting it the way you did - without any spoilers in the thread titile smile. So thanks!

Let's see. Aaron Pierce - I really don't know what he's doing in D.C. but one thing I thought was really funny about it was the speed with which he appeared. I don't remember the exact minutes, but I think that it was really just a few minutes between Bill's saying he had someone to send and Pierce's appearance - perfectly dressed, with expired credentials, and at the right place. It was almost like he was running around DC in his suit, just waiting for Bill's call.

As for Renée and Larry - who says they never got together? I think their history is pretty much that they were together, but aren't anymore. One of the reasons might be Larry's sticking to the rules, but you know what? So far, Renée has always stuck to the rules herself. Her breaking them and doing whatever's necessary only started with Jack's being brought in. So I don't think that's one of the reasons she and Larry broke up. I don't remember if she was annoyed, really, I'll have to rewatch the ep.

Funny no one's mentioned Morris's return. How does that leave you? Annoyed? Happy? Indifferent? I know some people hate Morris. personally, after getting used to Chloe (whom I didn't like in s3) I don't mind the likes of Morris (or Janis Gold, for that matter) any more. I doubt that Morris will play a huge part this season, being as he'd going to be babysitting the kid, but having him bring Chloe to FBI was a cute way of showing us what they've been up to. But man, that Chloe always seems to be bringing kids to the show! lol.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-02-21 19:31:43

hockeyfan_94

I think Bill said that he had someone in mind just before the commercial break, and Aaron appeared right after it. I'm not sure, though.

#5 2009-02-21 20:56:55

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah I think so too, which is why I thought it was hillarious that Aaron would be up and ready to jump in AND arrive at the location in like 5 minutes. in the middle of DC

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2009-02-21 22:29:11

hockeyfan_94

Especially because Aaron wasn't expecting to be called in to help. He no longer works for Secret Service, so he's just a normal civilian. I'm sure he wasn't waiting by the phone in a suit, with his badge in hand, ready to do whatever Bill needed him to do.

#7 2009-02-23 11:46:21

J_A
Administrator
Website

exactly. unless of course, bill had told him he might be needing him, but I sincerely doubt that.

tony.jpg

#8 2009-03-01 18:55:33

24nut
Website

Nice solid episode, i really liked the way Aaron was bought back into the fold, that was nicely done. I could tell that Sean was the mole, it wasn't that difficult to work out that Sean was the mole, he acted rather shifty even after we were thrown off the scent by his wife being on the aeroplane.

Again the only dissapointing part is that Tony wasn't in it again, but i know that he will be back when the story is deserving of it, im pretty sure that Tony is going to play a real crucial part when the main villain gets bought in.

All in all it was a really good episode. Cant wait for tommorows now! The preview for it looks really good.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#9 2009-03-01 19:07:24

hockeyfan_94

I think that it was way too obvious that Sean was the mole, although I was somewhat surprised to find out about the other mole (whose name I won't say because I don't want to risk ruining anything for any of you across The Pond over there).

My current theory is that there are multiple groups of moles, probably another group within the FBI, who aren't in direct contact with one another (like the Araz family in S4). The writers made it too obvious that Sean was the mole from the season premiere. I think there must be at least one more within the FBI.

Board footer