24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-19 22:49:10

24nut
Website

7x08 Discussion - 3:00pm - 4:00pm

A little late to be opening this, maybe no one has commented on this episode due to their not being a thread for it. i really liked the episode, it wasn't as strong as the others, but i think that is due to the storyline changing an adapting, im sure it will pick up again.

One problem that i did have with the episode was Mr Almeida being excluded from the episode, i know he will be back when his charcter is doing more, but seeing as Tony was a key part of the refreshed season then i thought it would be crucial to keep him in play, even if its only one scene.

I liked how Jack talked to the president, although i was hoping that Bill talked more for the team, i do feel that they have allowed Jack to just speak on behalf of the team. Which seems strange, Jack was the one that was in the dark just 3-4 hours ago, now he is saying that the conspiracy is definatly there, i think Bill would be more capable of discussing this with the president.

The action in this episode was good, i liked the way Jack and Renne broke in to rescue the first husband. I chuckled at the part where Jack said about going down the stairs by using a hand movement, i know thats the correct gesture to use to signal that is just looked really funny, maybe it was only me that found it funny though.

So what are your thoughts on the episode?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2009-02-19 23:07:29

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: 7x08 Discussion - 3:00pm - 4:00pm

Yes, unfortunately tony wasn't in it. Just imagine how we Tony addicts must be feeling! sad
Hmm, i'm already an ep further so I would have to rewatch ep 8 to make sure i'm not disseminating information from ep 9. I think I liked ep 8 but both 8 and 9 aren't too high in my ranking, I think I've given both of them something like a 7.5 in my inofficial, unimportant rankings big_smile. My only hope is that Tony will be back when his storyline becomes relevant, cause he should be crucial in uncovering the conspiracy.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2009-02-19 23:45:33

Rexy

OK, I totally understand where you Tony fans are coming from, I miss him too, but come on, Tony has gone dark. Surely that is classic 24? I agree that the hand signal was hilarious, and has now been expanded in my household into other really obvious hand signals which include "You, pour me a drink".

However, I really enjoyed this episode, Renee was fabulous in the house with the wife and child, Jack and Co were running around the White House uttering immortal lines such as "with all due respect Madame President, ask around", Jack had some fisticuffs with a bad guy. I also absolutely loved Larry Moss when he heard Jack had killed someone because he didn't have a choice. It was so reminiscent of Mason, and I am really warming to him. Also, the ending was fantastic, it really shocked me.

I am a bit worried about Tony though, I am worried that his loyalty is still in question. He hasn't been working with Bill and Chloe for very long, and I think he may possibly return in a compromising situation. I think the writers could be prepping for some sort of story line where he worked with them because their immediate aims were the same, but in the long run he always meant to use them and lose them, he has gone very quiet and the writers couldn't wait to reveal that he wasn't really bad at the beginning of the season, possibly to lull us into a false sense of security?

Finally, I just really want to say that I am loving this season, there was only one episode that left me feeling a bit disappointed and that is because there wasn't enough Jack in it (being a Jack fan!)
I have constantly been made anxious, left guessing and absolutely shocked along with a fair amount of wry humour (lets hear it for all Jacks one-liners, they're very prevalent this season!)
That is why I watch 24, and this is in my opinion a definite return to form. They needed to pull it out of the bag after season 6 and I think they have. Great stuff!

By the way, can someone let me know when we can post o the next episode on this site? I'd hate to accidentally spoil stuff for people smile

#4 2009-02-20 11:35:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

I am a bit worried about Tony though, I am worried that his loyalty is still in question.

you're not the only one, but I'm not worried for the same reasons as you are. I've said before in other places that I think he believed in what he was doing with Emerson up until the point when innocent people would get hurt, which is when he turned. And I've been questioning how the relationship between him and Jack would continue to evolve, and I still am. The writers can go anywhere from where they've put them, and the last time we saw Tony he had a lot of doubt in his face. So, yeah, everything's possible, though in the end, if he does turn again, chances of him living through the season are slim.

And I never said I didn't like this season, just simply that it has offered us everything by the formula, no surprises, and once you've seen ep 9, you'll see the trend continues.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer