24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-08 23:50:31

dt37b

Sad this is the last season

Did anyone read the Wall Street Journal article about 24?  The article said that 24 was going to take a new direction because season 6 didn't get the ratings they expected.  The producers thought that the American public was turned off by the torture scenes.

The producers were wrong.  The show climaxed early in the season with the nuclear explosion.  The rest was formulaic based on past seasons.  It had nothing to do with torture scenes.

Now, we viewers are going to have to pay the price.  Instead of Jack doing something, he is going to spend a lot of time in front of congress.  Could they possibly make the show any more boring?

Even worse, we will be subjected to Janeane Garofalo as an agent.  Her self-righteousness is disgusting, and now we have to see her all the time.  Having her on the show makes it seem like the producers want to alienate the few viewers they have left.

To summarize: Jack talks to congress and Garofalo is an action hero.  This combination is the kiss of death for 24.  Too bad, because it has been one of the best shows on TV for many years.

#2 2009-01-09 09:27:46

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Sad this is the last season

no offence,but where do you get your facts? jack leaves the congress about 10 minutes into the season and i doubt he's ever coming back...

and as for it being the last season - no. kiefer has a contract for 8 seasons total plus a movie. so whoever came up with those "facts" had better get their facts right...

so much for that.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2009-01-09 17:27:53

24nut
Website

yes j_a is right, Jack only spends about 10 minutes in congress, Jack is told to come back the next day, which is 24 hours later, thus not on this day of 24. And circumstances might change, i think you'll find there are new characters, but they are only a means of bringing back together show favourites.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2009-01-10 01:44:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

and I must say the sheer amount of information (and possibly misinformation) coming in over the past couple of days is simply overwhelming... interviews pop up EVERYWHERE, loads and loads of them with you-know-who and it's such a hype build up that it's getting very hard to wait till the season starts... hmm. I guess that's what they're going for, right? lol

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2009-01-10 17:32:12

24nut
Website

yeah it seems that way, its very hard waiting when you know your this close, only 2 days away now for the uk, one stateside.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

Board footer