24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-20 12:53:46

smitten

What is your favourite scene in season 5?

I noticed we didn't have much opportunity to discuss season 5, so I thought I'd start a new topic. Hope this works!

#2 2007-04-20 13:14:57

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: What is your favourite scene in season 5?

Okay, favourite scene from S5, or one of them, is between Jack and Logan, it's either episode 23 or 24, in the warehouse, two great actors at there peak, and the whole scene is just them reacting to what's gone on the whole day, not reacting there, not simply recapping.

Kiefer plays the "wanting the kill the president, but something is stopping him" terrifically.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-20 15:36:35

smitten

hardy24 wrote:

Okay, favourite scene from S5, or one of them, is between Jack and Logan, it's either episode 23 or 24, in the warehouse, two great actors at there peak, and the whole scene is just them reacting to what's gone on the whole day, not reacting there, not simply recapping.

Kiefer plays the "wanting the kill the president, but something is stopping him" terrifically.

Yes this is beautifully acted. I love it when Jack's hand begins to shake. Even better when he gets down on his knees and interlocks his fingers...

I think my favourite scene would need to be Jack interrogating Audrey. The way he has to look away from her to hide the disappointment on his face when she lies, then when she pays him the most intimate compliment ("because he wasn't you") and he is utterly stoney-faced. Just beautifully acted.

#4 2007-04-20 17:54:43

24nut
Website

I have to agree with you both, those scenes are simply amazing, but i have to side with the Jack and Logan scene in the warehouse, that was incredible, for me, the whole day was leading to that one scene, and when Jack shouts "Right here, right now, you are going to face justice!" it just sends shivers right down my spine, and then when Jack realises he cant kill him, it was just brilliant.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2007-04-20 19:14:59

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah very definitely quite possibly the best scene in the whole season. I wished he would at least hurt logan but it turned out that out of all moments he could have lost the guts, he couldn't do it there. damn, jack tongue.

"it's ok. it's right that you can't. i'm the president" GRRR. i was about to shoot the TV screen tongue

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2007-04-21 13:56:45

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

yeah very definitely quite possibly the best scene in the whole season. I wished he would at least hurt logan but it turned out that out of all moments he could have lost the guts, he couldn't do it there. damn, jack tongue.

"it's ok. it's right that you can't. i'm the president" GRRR. i was about to shoot the TV screen tongue

That's not how I see it at all. He could have hurt him, but decided that *not* hurting him was the best play. Let him think he's won the round. Let him relax. Let Martha get it out of him instead.

#7 2007-04-21 18:09:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

That's not how I see it at all. He could have hurt him, but decided that *not* hurting him was the best play. Let him think he's won the round. Let him relax. Let Martha get it out of him instead.

I'm not saying it wasn't the best play. I'm just saying I WANTEDLogan to feel some pain for his part in the deaths of tony, michelle and david. my own simple thirst for revenge.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer