24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#101 2007-09-09 10:20:54

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Possible Finale Episode Spoiler

i'll wait to see if that alternate ending really is what it is, and then i'll see what i can do to get my hands on it wink

as such, the list does look quite nice, but i will personally wait for the series as a whole to end and depending on how that goes, make the decision whether to buy seasons 5 - end, and then hope for a box set of those said seasons.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#102 2007-10-15 16:24:51

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I just today got the s6 UK DVD, i'll be posting a full review of my thoughts on the main site, but to address the alternate ending quickly.

Nope, unfortunately it's not quite what we hoped it would be, it's barely an extended cut of what aired, let alone an "alternate", but it's a real tease, at several points new shots included really make it look as if Tony's return (albeit aborted first attempt) is only seconds away, there are several shots which look like there the point of view of some watching Jack, waiting for the right time to make an appearance.

In actuality the only substantial difference between this and what aired is Jack dismantling his side arm and throwing it into the sea.

Overall first impressions of the set. Worth having, even if you didn't like the series as a much as part years, but it's perhaps not the immediate "must have it now" pull that some sets have had. Put it on your christmas list, or buy it to fill in a quiet weekend.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#103 2007-10-16 11:56:22

24nut
Website

The alternate ending was a bit of a dissapointment, but taking into consideration a recent spoiler, then im sure its for the best, it would have been nice to have a different ending, like the Season 1 alternate ending where Teri doesn't die.

The boxset is good, my only two problems with it is the flimsy build of the outer box and the prison break episode being put on a 24 boxset, that really annoyed me.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#104 2007-10-16 19:08:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

lol. prison break episode on a 24 boxset? haha. that would be my first PB ep - if I were to buy s6 which I'm not.

speaking of that alternate ending, I'm sure that it's a good thing they didn't put an alternate take of tony coming back on a s6 disc, simply because - now that we know what we know - it would have ruined the surprise, ruined any chance of it being a genuine shock come season 7 to anyone who hadn't been reading the spoilers

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#105 2007-10-16 19:32:49

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I can see in hindsight why they wouldn't want to put that on the DVD, although it should be stated that in the "inside the writers" room doc they mention that bringing Tony back was discussed and that it "remains a possibility" (obviously the doc was filmed a while ago before they were sure he was indeed coming back), so the DVD does spoil that anyway.

24nut, your right, I didn't realise that at first, but the box is made of a slightly weaker material than normal, but really any DVD box is going to get a battering, you should see my s1 boxset, which has been lent to everybody i've ever known (just about) which is now completely falling apart and held together with clear sticky tape, (but really i'm happy to have evidence of my efforts to convert people to the cause in the early days.)

Prison Break, hmm, it should again be pointed out that the Prison Break Season 2 boxset returns the favour and has the first episode of 24 series 6 on it as an extra. As much as I like bashing Fox for things, i'm really not going to get on at them for putting an episode of something they thought we might like on the DVD for free.

#106 2007-10-16 20:17:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

i'm really not going to get on at them for putting an episode of something they thought we might like on the DVD for free.

no, neither am I. the thing is, I have noticed (as I'm sure both of you have), that LOST, 24 and Prison Break (as well as Nikita and The X Files) attract the same kind of audience. for example I just met someone I knew from a bon jovi board last week and she turned out to have seen all seasons of 24 and watching LOST, and her hubby was very much into PB. and that's just the most recent example big_smile

tony.jpg

#107 2007-10-16 20:43:39

24nut
Website

I agree with you their dan, the boxsets do take a battering, i dont let anyone touch my boxsets,they are all in perfect condition, back in the day when i converted about 8 people to watch 24, i would lend them my Season 1 and 2 vhs boxsets, that way my dvd boxsets never got any real damage.

I took a closer look at the season 6 boxset and it is thinner, it is glossy, like Seasons 1-3, 4 and 5 were like a matte effect when the boxset used the book design. I noticed that the fold that holds the box together isn't held down in the season 6 boxset and it gets caught when you put the discs back in the outer case. Thats my only real annoyance, why did they change it? lol

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#108 2007-10-16 20:54:11

hardy24
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

I noticed that the fold that holds the box together isn't held down in the season 6 boxset and it gets caught when you put the discs back in the outer case. Thats my only real annoyance, why did they change it? lol

Yeah, I noticed that.

#109 2007-10-16 22:15:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

I agree with you their dan, the boxsets do take a battering, i dont let anyone touch my boxsets,they are all in perfect condition, back in the day when i converted about 8 people to watch 24, i would lend them my Season 1 and 2 vhs boxsets, that way my dvd boxsets never got any real damage.

hehe. well, I don't have vhs otherwise I would have lent those out! but I was and am very peculiar about lending mine out, so I only gave them to two people, and even that was just one season at a time. never felt easy about it and am very pi**ed off at fingerprints that end up on the wrong side of the dvds

tony.jpg

Board footer