You are not logged in.

#51 2007-04-30 20:11:08

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Possible Finale Episode Spoiler

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

Man I remember his return in S4, I was bouncing off the walls for a week after that.

Yes, me too.

Admit it, you were still bouncing off the walls until 5 minutes into 501.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#52 2007-04-30 20:19:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

Man I remember his return in S4, I was bouncing off the walls for a week after that.

Yes, me too.

Admit it, you were still bouncing off the walls until 5 minutes into 501.

No. I knew what would happen. MFL had told me before sad. she would have kept her mouth shut but I had sensed it and urged her to tell me. I was hurting just watching the clock get closer and closer to minute 12 - or 14, whichever it was.

but if I watch the ep now (and then skip the fateful moments) I do at least feel like kissing the screen tongue

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#53 2007-05-01 17:29:37

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay, back on topic, I wanted to fold in another piece of news into this discussion, because if true, then the piece of news could offer another clue, though you'd still have to be very insightful to figure it all out.

Anyway, it's the news which is at the top of the main page of the website as I write this as well as being found at the following link - http://24fans.com/?p=272

What do people think, are the two connected?

#54 2007-05-01 17:39:49

J_A
Administrator
Website

just read that article. now the question is, what does it mean? if 9/11 is becoming a memory it surely doesn't mean that CTU's work is over wink. after all, they started the show *before* 9/11, if I remember correctly (and I do). obviously, course correction could mean a lot of things, but I am doubtful that if 24 suddenly doesn't deal with terrorism any more - or counter terrorism - that it would still *be* 24.

seriously, i'm having a hard time seeing jack bauer "dancing with the stars" lol

the only thing I'm reading from this - if we try and connect this to the mysterious character - is that it would make little sense to bring back someone from jack's past and whom we connect to counter-terrorist activities IF 24 is to head to a new direction. anything else is beyond me. maybe dan can make me see things more clearly - he usually does wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#55 2007-05-01 22:01:47

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay, well, my wishful thinking goes as follows. My first thoughts having read that article was the memory I have of how the show was conceived. One of the creators gave a interview which said the chain of thought went, "wouldn't it be cool if you did a show where a minute of screentime equalled a minute in the story, and if 24 episodes added up to one whole day" ... "yeah but we couldn't have 6 hours of the main characters sleeping, so there would have to be some reason for the lead to be up from the start." ... "what if his daughter was kidnapped and he was responsible for ensuring an important poltician didn't get hit, that be enough reason for him to be up."

So essentially counter-terrorism was simply a means to an end, as a another plot thread to drive the story, but also so that the lead would have enough resources to effectively lead the hunt for his kidnapped daughter.

I feel as if a "reinvention" "retooling" or "course correction" could simply mean stripping the show make to it's core that it had in series one, and building anew on the base. Because really, in the first season, family and stopping the threat were equal partners, and actually the threat had at it's heart another family. Comparing that to the show we have today, and it's all "threat" with family and b-stories fitted in around it.

Back to basics is perhaps to much of a cliche, but certainly a reexamining of the show they orginally wanted to write, and where the evolution of the show has taken it certainly seems on the cards.

To connect the mistery "character TBD", he/she could simply be the catalyst to point the fans in the new direction. Perhaps a character who didn't have to much time in the old format, but would in the new.

#56 2007-05-02 07:56:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

To connect the mistery "character TBD", he/she could simply be the catalyst to point the fans in the new direction. Perhaps a character who didn't have to much time in the old format, but would in the new.

yeah all of that makes sense. it has me hoping for 24 going back to being the ensemble show we got to love it for in the first place. and if you're right about "family" then again, jack's dad becomes a little more likely to be the one.
though it would be a somewhat hard sell to make him a regular and NOT see him as the bad guy considering all the things he was responsible for in s6 - and obviously in s5 without us having known about it

tony.jpg

#57 2007-05-03 11:25:40

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Your comments on Jack's dad i've have to agree with, although a significant change in the show would seem to be quite an unpredictable factor in all this.

#58 2007-05-03 20:11:18

hardy24
Administrator
Website

To add another related article to this - http://www.nypost.com/seven/05032007/tv/its_jack_bow_wow_tv_adam_buckman.htm another exec, this time David Fury who has been on the show since the start of series 5 admitted that this series hasn't lived up to there standards and hopes, and that bad planning or lack or it has been the main cause. Leading him to say that more groundwork will be done next year. He also admitted that they ended up "repeating themselves"

#59 2007-05-03 20:23:52

J_A
Administrator
Website

it's time that someone noticed *rolleyes*. when they come to the point of re-reciting their own dialogues from earlier seasons that's when i say enough's enough (and s6 has been such a season)

tony.jpg

#60 2007-05-03 20:47:02

24nut
Website

they need to go back to basics, aka Season 1.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#61 2007-05-06 13:03:27

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay to get back to the who is "character TBD", some potentially spoiler information in the in the spoiler tag, which probably rules out someone

[spoiler]Heller returned in episode 20, so unless they fake his death again, it's unlikely to be him[/spoiler]

#62 2007-05-06 21:34:26

J_A
Administrator
Website

a spoiler that doesn't surprise me. didn't think it would be that character anyway. one down, how many to go? wink

tony.jpg

#63 2007-05-06 21:46:45

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Quite a few. Don't think we'll tick too many more off before the end of the season though.

#64 2007-05-08 09:29:31

24nut
Website

looking good for Tony then smile

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#65 2007-05-08 13:39:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

looking good for Tony then smile

I'm not sure how the fact that it's not gonna be heller actually supports the hypothesis that it could be tony?

tony.jpg

#66 2007-05-08 14:18:32

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It simply reduces other possibilities.

#67 2007-05-08 20:48:14

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah exactly.

so speaking mathematically, i.e. logically, it doesn't disprove the possibility but doesn't support tony's case either. so the hypothesis isn't supported by the evidence - even though it is not contradicted.

tony.jpg

#68 2007-05-09 11:48:47

M F Luder

I don't really know if I want to see Tony again, after they already  admitted that they ran out of stories for him. neutral

And if, if they brought him back, they would not let him go gently in to the good night when they again see he has outlived his usefulness. I really don't want to see that happening.

Call me a pessimist but I couldn't live with it again, not in that way. sad

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#69 2007-05-09 15:27:07

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah, I certainly couldn't take seeing him die twice...

tony.jpg

#70 2007-05-09 15:40:03

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Surely if they brought him back, it would prove he is invincible and that .... almeida is god

Yeah I know what your saying, but given the odds of it actually being him (i.e. slim), if they brought him back, and risked fans thinking, "how on earth can they justify that?", they'd have a good plan and some very good reasons. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

#71 2007-05-09 17:37:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Surely if they brought him back, it would prove he is invincible and that .... almeida is god

hehehehe, yes, you are right big_smile. thanks for that, mate. (your words in Almeida's God's ears wink)

and yeah, what you say is true. a big gamble like that would have to be more than weakly justified..

tony.jpg

#72 2007-05-09 19:33:03

M F Luder

hardy24 wrote:

Yeah I know what your saying, but given the odds of it actually being him (i.e. slim), if they brought him back, and risked fans thinking, "how on earth can they justify that?", they'd have a good plan and some very good reasons. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Sadly, they've made other bad calls before, this wouldn't be the first. Money walks....

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#73 2007-05-09 19:52:13

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yes, although to bring Tony back and not have a proper plan would be bigger than any other mistake or misstep they've made, and they would see that.

Trust me on this one, tony back = concrete plan for tony and jack awesomeness s7

#74 2007-05-13 15:04:30

J_A
Administrator
Website

as long as they don't kill him again......

with what I heard from ep 21 and such, I reckon these happenings exclude jack's father as the mystery person. or do you disagree?

tony.jpg

#75 2007-05-13 18:36:51

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It's hard to know really, I say it defintely makes it less likely, although given just how in the dark we all seem to be on this, I wouldn't say it rules him out the way Heller's return did.

In an odd way it possibly makes him a little bit more likely because before "21", him returning in 24 in the way described wouldn't have been a huge jaw dropping shock, it would have probably brought something more like confusion from fans. So his return does bring up the possibility of them either faking his death, or doing something to make it a shock. Though really i'd rate him as being only an outside chance. Someone like Henderson i'd say is more likely than he is.

Board footer