24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-04-23 18:48:45

M F Luder

Re: Possible Finale Episode Spoiler

I don't think it's Tony, nor do I want it to be, after how they handled things...:mad:.

First of all, as far as I have read, Jack actually mentioned Henderson being responsible for the deaths.

And second of all, there is no reason for Tony to pull a gun on Jack, even to stop him from "acting wildly".

And if , if for some weird, megalomaniac reason they would bring him back (be he good or bad), to me it would be adding insult to injury.And somehow explain that he wasn't you know....

To have us believe he died, only to go: "Njah,njah. Gotcha"... Now that would be infuriating to me.*growl*

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#27 2007-04-23 18:52:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

you know, another element why i don't think it'll be Tony is that they couldn't come up with stories for him back then, why would they manage now? it would be someone who hasn't been as "spent" if you get my meaning

someone like walsh actually stands a much greater chance because we haven't been watching him develop over a few years and there might be a reason to bring him back and make us curious about what happened to him and what kind of a character he's become. one thing I'd hate to see though, is for - let's say walsh - or any other character we've seen die and missed since, to come back and sully the memory with being suddenly a buearaucratic a**hole or some other kind of idiot.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#28 2007-04-23 20:27:17

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Personally, I'd love it to be Walsh as it would be a huge reward for viewers who have been watching from Day One, and he was always a character who I felt as if for two appearances we got a lot about him (testament to the writing back then).

I think something we also have to take into consideration is that whoever it is has to offer some fundamental value, some key building block for the plot of next season (much in the way that, as sad as it was, David Palmer's death was the pivotal moment for the whole season) wheather than be purely the knowledge that they are alive and well or some kind of information that they have learned in there time "underground" that they will tell Jack about.

Having gone back to the original source of the spoiler, there is new information, not the identity of Character TBD, but the possibility that either the scene has been removed and a new cliffhanger written in it's place or that at the very least, the location does appear to have changed to that of the final field op Jack takes place in, it's suggested that Jack is to tired and emotionally wrecked from the day (and the two years in a chinese jail) to face going back to CTU. As far as information available to the source, the rest of the scene could play out as detailed earlier just the different location.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#29 2007-04-23 20:34:47

J_A
Administrator
Website

hehe, or they could simply be giving us 12 different endings again like with season 1 in which case we will not know what is the truth until those last few seconds of season 6 have first aired on TV wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#30 2007-04-23 21:07:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It's funny that you mention the season 1 finale, I got the 24: Behind the scenes photobook (a must have for any fan btw, truly a thing of beauty) for my birthday and would appear from it, and other things i've heard that really the ending that aired was the one the writers/exec producers and lead director (at the time) stephen hopkins all wanted to use, but that they filmed the alternate as a way of potentially chickening out. And there's a really nice photo of Kiefer sitting down on a crate in the old CTU hallway set as Hopkins tries to convince him that he should do the scene, which Kiefer didn't want originally to do, he wanted to leave some ambiguity in the scene, for the potential to bring Teri back.

Anyway, maybe there be much discussion about the ending, maybe they wrote an ending which would have our jaws hitting the floor but that there having second thoughts about whether or not they can pull it off.

The great thing about this spoiler is that we could be discussing this forever, and still be no clearer in our own minds who we think it is, it shockingly is a spoiler which actually enhances the "edge of your seat" experience.

#31 2007-04-24 11:00:02

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

It's funny that you mention the season 1 finale, I got the 24: Behind the scenes photobook (a must have for any fan btw, truly a thing of beauty) for my birthday and would appear from it, and other things i've heard that really the ending that aired was the one the writers/exec producers and lead director (at the time) stephen hopkins all wanted to use, but that they filmed the alternate as a way of potentially chickening out. And there's a really nice photo of Kiefer sitting down on a crate in the old CTU hallway set as Hopkins tries to convince him that he should do the scene, which Kiefer didn't want originally to do, he wanted to leave some ambiguity in the scene, for the potential to bring Teri back.

yeah I have that book too, and I love that photo. it depicts so much. kiefer didn't believe that was the right play and they convinced him. the darkness of that hallway, the half-light they're in, the expression on kief's face, they're all pretty perfect.

and you're right, we can discuss this up until the last moments of ep 24 and be none the wiser. but the more I think of it rationally, the less I believe there is any chance of it being tony. even if the chances were small to begin with.

tony.jpg

#32 2007-04-24 11:04:09

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

and you're right, we can discuss this up until the last moments of ep 24 and be none the wiser. but the more I think of it rationally, the less I believe there is any chance of it being tony. even if the chances were small to begin with.

Yeah, although part of me thinks it would be a really nice moment, and you have to admit, that before the logic set in, to see Tony back again, alive and well (perhaps drinking from his cubs mug) would put a huge smile on your face.

Even though it makes no sense at all, I still think they should film that ending, and put it on the dvd.

#33 2007-04-24 11:09:01

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Yeah, although part of me thinks it would be a really nice moment, and you have to admit, that before the logic set in, to see Tony back again, alive and well (perhaps drinking from his cubs mug) would put a huge smile on your face.

Even though it makes no sense at all, I still think they should film that ending, and put it on the dvd.

I'm all for it. any further moments of Tony Go(o)dness is always and forever welcome in my book big_smile

and yeah it would be a very very nice moment. though again, tony pointing a gun at jack? the only time we saw that was back in s2 when he was trying to get the answer out of jack where he was taking kate warner. well, who knows. maybe it would work. if they brought tony back the world would be in order again, as long as we - I - didn't have to go through the pain and agony of seeing him die once again later on.

tony.jpg

#34 2007-04-24 11:16:57

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Clearly if they brought him back, they would use him wisely. So an recurring guest appearance in s7, with him kicking ass, and then if s7 is the final season and Tony and Jack go into a deadly situation, all guns blazing taking out bad guys all over, but there out numbered, just in the middle of the action, we cut to black and the end of 7x24, clock ticks over, then just before the credits roll a tagline comes up "Jack Bauer & Tony Almeida will return in 24: The Movie"

#35 2007-04-24 11:48:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

then just before the credits roll a tagline comes up "Jack Bauer & Tony Almeida will return in 24: The Movie"

LOL Yeah. but let's not get ahead of ourselves here wink

I agree if they took the step to bring him back I assume they would have thought about how to use him wisely. on the other hand, no-one's ever come back from the dead on 24 apart from jack. and for him we knew he wasn't really dead

tony.jpg

#36 2007-04-28 11:58:11

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I've just had a look back at the original source of the spoiler, and he's got no new information on who character TBD is, and he doubts he will have before the episode airs, meaning we're going to be guessing right up until it airs and we see they've cut the entire scene and we just have everyone happy or something.

#37 2007-04-28 22:18:30

24nut
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I've just had a look back at the original source of the spoiler, and he's got no new information on who character TBD is, and he doubts he will have before the episode airs, meaning we're going to be guessing right up until it airs and we see they've cut the entire scene and we just have everyone happy or something.

thats probably what will happen now, your tempting fate:P

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#38 2007-04-28 22:42:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

lol. yeah maybe

tony.jpg

#39 2007-04-28 22:50:53

feju

Guys, I can't believe no one came up with this earlier. You're having the wildest assumptions on who might be the Character involved in the last scene, but it's simple in my opinion.
It's Philipp Bauer. The circumstances under which he disappeared on that roof haven't been cleared up, yet. He left and set up his phone with a message for Jack. We don't know, if he only wanted to protect his company or if he was deeply involved with everything that happened. He'd also have a reason to first point a gun at Jack and then lower it. Jack would also trust him, at least he would get into the car to find out why his father was doing all this. The producers wouldn't need any explanations, Jack would be shocked to see his father and the conspiracy could spread to season 7.

What's your opinion?

#40 2007-04-28 23:04:28

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah I think we did actually mention philipp bauer at some point and it is a possibility. though possibly at this point jack would have every reason to not trust his father and kill him instead wink. but it's definitely valid. he disappeared, they made us forget about him a bit and then bring him back. sounds like something they might do. though it wouldn't be nearly as interesting a cliffhanger as if they brought someone back who was presumed dead

hey, and this was the 500th post on the board big_smile

tony.jpg

#41 2007-04-29 08:41:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I don't know why, but Phillip Bauer just doesn't fit in my head. I don't see it.

#42 2007-04-29 09:02:42

J_A
Administrator
Website

to me, jack's dad not being dead certainly means they could bring him back - like they made bluetooth jack's brother, and really, the words the character TBA says *could* fit - but I just don't think it'd be big enough "shock value" that the show has come to promote so much lately

tony.jpg

#43 2007-04-29 20:27:22

chrisk5150

hey guys, im new to the board but a long time 24 fan.

ive been reading through this thread and im suprised no ones picked up that it could be curtis.
Jack shot curtis but then the nuke went off and so attention was diverted. Maybe the people behind reed (attacking wayne palmer) had curtis involved?
To me this would be a good suprise as jack has brought up how hard it was to shot curtis, an old friend.

chris

#44 2007-04-29 21:16:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It could be curtis, though there was a decent amount of time between curtis being shot and the bomb going off. And one thing really rules it out for me, I trust jack to know whats a lethal shot - and he certainly reacted as if it was a lethal shot.

#45 2007-04-30 07:48:58

J_A
Administrator
Website

I agree with dan. with 20+ years in the field, jack knew he'd killed curtis off. he'd shot the man right between the eyes. there's as slight a chance of curtis having survived that as it is of david palmer having survived the shot through the throat. which is why I don't believe it'll be him, either.

and I disagree with chrisk, curtis was not a long time friend of jack's. jack cried because he'd had to kill a government agent, a colleague of his in order to save a terrorist. and in addition, a colleague who had been through what jack had been through (losing all his men in the field and being the only one left). jack knew exactly how curtis felt and knew that he would have wanted assad dead as well. but he had to make the right call for the oh so proverbial greater good. THAT is the reason jack cried. because the choices he has to make in the job are what they are, and he'd been out of the game for 2 years and he wasn't sure if he could deal with it anymore. it was a perfect moment, but it wasn't because they were "good friends".

one other reason against curtis' coming back is they didn't know how to use him in the first place. when they introduced him back in season 4 he didn't have too much to do, with jack handling 98% of the field work. so bringing him back again would be stupid. unless they don't use him as a field agent again, which is relatively, no, highly, unlikely.

so, even though I don't think it'll be tony either, between tony and curtis, tony is more likely

tony.jpg

#46 2007-04-30 16:44:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

In a toss up between Curtis and Tony, I guess curtis actually having survived makes a tad more sense, but Tony be way more of a shock.

The only thing which makes me think Curtis is that it would seem to make for a certain amount of symetry to the day as a whole.

#47 2007-04-30 17:39:01

J_A
Administrator
Website

possibly, but it still doesn't make it any more likely that they could suddenly change curtis' character to the point that it would be interesting to bring him back as a regular again, cause that's what they said, right? that the character would become a regular...

you know, if we talk about wishful thinking - and we are to some extent - one awesome thing about it being tony would be that he would then also be in the movie - and what would I NOT give to watch Carlos on the big screen... *drool*. I'd probably see the movie several times just so I could stare at him long enough wink big_smile

tony.jpg

#48 2007-04-30 18:02:20

hardy24
Administrator
Website

You know what, logic be damned, bring back Tony, just because it would be such a f***ing cool moment, and would put a *HUGE* inmovable smile on my face. Man I remember his return in S4, I was bouncing off the walls for a week after that.

#49 2007-04-30 18:07:56

24nut
Website

hardy24 wrote:

You know what, logic be damned, bring back Tony, just because it would be such a f***ing cool moment, and would put a *HUGE* inmovable smile on my face. Man I remember his return in S4, I was bouncing off the walls for a week after that.

amen to that.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#50 2007-04-30 18:48:19

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

You know what, logic be damned, bring back Tony, just because it would be such a f***ing cool moment, and would put a *HUGE* inmovable smile on my face.

amen to that.

your words in the 24 makers' ears, dan. just as long as they never ever EVER kill him off again

hardy24 wrote:

Man I remember his return in S4, I was bouncing off the walls for a week after that.

Yes, me too.

tony.jpg

Board footer