J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: CTU: Provo - The Ultimate FanFilm

hardy24 wrote:

rofl, nothing more to say.

oh come on, you party pooper tongue. keep up the groove tongue

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#27 2008-05-13 21:58:54

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

rofl, nothing more to say.

oh come on, you party pooper tongue. keep up the groove tongue

What do you want me to say?

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#28 2008-05-13 22:21:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

"I did drugs to get in with these people, and I GOT in with them!
No matter how difficult it's been, I DON'T use anymore!"

wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#29 2008-05-13 22:33:28

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

"I did drugs to get in with these people, and I GOT in with them!
No matter how difficult it's been, I DON'T use anymore!"

wink

Okay, took me a while to get that. lol.

Meanwhile, back on topic, been watching Provo again, caught a joke I didn't hear first time round, at the very beginning, Jono's doing Jack's "i've been awake for 24 hours, i've killed two people since midnight, so purhaps you should be more afraid of me than you are right now." line outside as Alan's waking up. Brilliant.

#30 2008-05-14 06:37:17

bauerpowerhour

Hey guys! Alan tuned me in to this, and the sincere plug on your site (as well as this thread) have put a huge smile on my face. This is Jono, by the way. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much!

Last edited by bauerpowerhour (2008-05-14 06:37:36)

Jack Bauer once forgot where he left his car keys. He spent the next 30 minutes torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

#31 2008-05-14 07:29:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey there, welcome! we're glad that you've enjoyed our enjoyment - if that made any sense wink big_smile

I'll definitely watch it again this weekend - hopefully with MFL

tony.jpg

#32 2008-05-14 20:02:08

Dyslexicon
Website

Meanwhile, back on topic, been watching Provo again, caught a joke I didn't hear first time round, at the very beginning, Jono's doing Jack's "i've been awake for 24 hours, i've killed two people since midnight, so purhaps you should be more afraid of me than you are right now." line outside as Alan's waking up. Brilliant.

Thanks, we tried to slip a couple in under the radar like that, just some fun little easter eggs for you.

I aim to misbehave.

#33 2008-05-14 20:23:48

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Dyslexicon wrote:

Thanks, we tried to slip a couple in under the radar like that, just some fun little easter eggs for you.

Yeah, was Jono whispering "wwjdb" when he's in the back of the hippie van one?

While i'm quite observant with these things, i'm sure that there's plenty i've missed, even after two viewings, any plans to record a commentary track, either for any dvd or to simply to download from tehe site?

#34 2008-05-14 20:45:21

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Yeah, was Jono whispering "wwjbd" when he's in the back of the hippie van one?

yes, he did, i'm sure. big_smile. gave me a laugh big_smile

tony.jpg

#35 2008-05-14 22:19:52

Dyslexicon
Website

hardy24 wrote:

While i'm quite observant with these things, i'm sure that there's plenty i've missed, even after two viewings, any plans to record a commentary track, either for any dvd or to simply to download from tehe site?

We've actually already recorded a commentary, Ryan, Charan and I.  There's another one, Joel Hilton, Matt Stringham, and Paul Jefferies making fun of the movie.  Apparently, I was dubbed "Foofy-hair"

Anyway, both commentaries are on the DVD.  We're still trying to determine how to release that.  It was initially created as a Dual-Layer DVD, since we were going to manufacture it, but since we can't now, I may have to break it into 2 discs, so that people can burn them.

Also, I'm still working on getting the http://youtube.com/watch?v=StHsct3pZ-s Documentary done, and that will probably take a few weeks, since I'm getting married on Friday.  But have no fear, as soon as is humanly possible, we'll have some DVD-flavored love for you cats.

I aim to misbehave.

#36 2008-05-14 23:02:11

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Dyslexicon wrote:

Anyway, both commentaries are on the DVD.  We're still trying to determine how to release that.  It was initially created as a Dual-Layer DVD, since we were going to manufacture it, but since we can't now, I may have to break it into 2 discs, so that people can burn them.

Also, I'm still working on getting the http://youtube.com/watch?v=StHsct3pZ-s Documentary done, and that will probably take a few weeks, since I'm getting married on Friday.  But have no fear, as soon as is humanly possible, we'll have some DVD-flavored love for you cats.

Getting married!, what a lame excuse, we need it now!!!, .... , I mean congrats, don't let us push you back to work on some boring old dvd sooner than you'd wanted too.

#37 2008-05-14 23:08:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Getting married!, what a lame excuse, we need it now!!!, .... , I mean congrats, don't let us push you back to work on some boring old dvd sooner than you'd wanted too.

lol:lol::lol:
I'm sure he won't!

congrats, on my part, too! smile

tony.jpg

#38 2008-06-07 17:28:59

Dyslexicon
Website

Well, I'm back from the honeymoon, it was fantastic, btw.  Cruise on the Mexican Riviera, very nice.

In other, more important news (don't tell my wife I said that,) the documentary is done being edited, we're working on sound now, so the DVD should be ready to go in just a about 2 weeks.  There is a possibility that we're going to be able to manufacture them after all (1,000 anyway) and I'll be sure that you guys each get a copy.  Heck, as many copies as I can get to you.

Also, I'm a little disturbed by 8% of people hating my movie...  Urge to kill, rising... wink

I aim to misbehave.

#39 2008-06-07 18:21:14

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Dyslexicon wrote:

Well, I'm back from the honeymoon, it was fantastic, btw.  Cruise on the Mexican Riviera, very nice.

In other, more important news (don't tell my wife I said that,)

Depends how quickly I get my copy.

the documentary is done being edited, we're working on sound now, so the DVD should be ready to go in just a about 2 weeks.  There is a possibility that we're going to be able to manufacture them after all (1,000 anyway) and I'll be sure that you guys each get a copy.  Heck, as many copies as I can get to you.

What agreement allows you to manufacture 1,000 copies?, and whats the deal with selling them?

Also, I'm a little disturbed by 8% of people hating my movie...  Urge to kill, rising... wink

Very few people responded to that poll, so that 8% was actually 4 people! and the wording wasn't quite as strong as "hate"

#40 2008-06-11 17:07:10

Dyslexicon
Website

I can manufacture as many as I want, as long as I don't sell them.  I think I can ask people for shipping costs, but that's about it. 

What the possibility of manufacture means...  I think I've gotten enough work lately to afford to manufacture them, just out-of-pocket.  The biggest reason we wanted to make the movie in the first place was to have a kick-ass demo reel...

That is all.

I aim to misbehave.

#41 2008-06-11 20:53:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey, you got to add my vote to the "I loved it" category. i have not voted in the poll. so the 8% become even less wink. i simply missed the poll, i haven't been at home.

glad to hear your honeymoon was great and happy to hear about a dvd in the making. will gladly get my copy

i'm currently on vacation in egypt myself now and it's time to hit the sack here. we're 2 hours ahead of the UK now. which means it's "2 minutes to miiiiidnight" (or soon to be anyway). hope someone knew that iron maiden song and i haven't just made a complete fool of myself wink

catch you guys soon
J_A

tony.jpg

#42 2008-06-11 21:20:00

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Dyslexicon wrote:

I can manufacture as many as I want, as long as I don't sell them.  I think I can ask people for shipping costs, but that's about it.

I think you'd probably we well within your rights to ask for shipping plus manufacture costs. Though I could be wrong there.

What the possibility of manufacture means...  I think I've gotten enough work lately to afford to manufacture them, just out-of-pocket.  The biggest reason we wanted to make the movie in the first place was to have a kick-ass demo reel...

That is all.

So I guess you want to strike a balance with the DVD of not manufacturing too many that your wasting money, while also having enough sent out to make the project worth while in the first place.

jack_addict wrote:

i'm currently on vacation in egypt myself now and it's time to hit the sack here. we're 2 hours ahead of the UK now. which means it's "2 minutes to miiiiidnight" (or soon to be anyway). hope someone knew that iron maiden song and i haven't just made a complete fool of myself wink

I know the song, although you may still have made a complete fool of yourself.

#43 2008-06-12 12:31:46

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I know the song, although you may still have made a complete fool of yourself.

lol. whatever. i stand by my music choice. and i love iron maiden.
that's all wink

tony.jpg

#44 2008-06-12 15:57:05

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

lol. whatever. i stand by my music choice. and i love iron maiden.
that's all wink

Urge to start discussion about music great, but having gone 12 rounds with you on Mac Vs. PC, i'm not sure I should get into it.

Give me Bob Dylan any day.

#45 2008-06-12 21:46:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Urge to start discussion about music great, but having gone 12 rounds with you on Mac Vs. PC, i'm not sure I should get into it.

rotfl. dan, give it a shot. i promise i won't shoot!
and besides, why would a discussion NOT go on for a while? I'm tired of threads going for 5 posts and then dying sad

if you do decide to post, just note that i won't be able to reply before saturday evening. we're going out to the Red Sea tomorrow morning and returning sat afternoon.

how's the weather up in UK? i'm tellin' ya, i'll take this heat and constant sunshine over the constant rain that zurich has been having for a while now any day big_smile. it's funny but 39C here feel less uncomfortable than 30C in zurich. it's all about humidity.

tony.jpg

#46 2008-06-12 23:28:47

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

rotfl. dan, give it a shot. i promise i won't shoot!
and besides, why would a discussion NOT go on for a while? I'm tired of threads going for 5 posts and then dying sad

Go on then, head over to the new thread "The Great Music Debate", all welcome to contribute, http://24fans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=2915

how's the weather up in UK? i'm tellin' ya, i'll take this heat and constant sunshine over the constant rain that zurich has been having for a while now any day big_smile. it's funny but 39C here feel less uncomfortable than 30C in zurich. it's all about humidity.

In the UK we are heading for another classic british summer, some really scorching days, but nothing too sustained, just when us Brits decide, actually we could get a bit used to some sun, "whats everyone moaning about Global Warming for" then we get a long weekend of miserable cloudy grey weather.

Perhaps get back on topic, Alan, any real chance of a sequel or something in a similar vein atleast targetted at the same audience?

#47 2008-06-25 14:52:15

Dyslexicon
Website

Perhaps get back on topic, Alan, any real chance of a sequel or something in a similar vein atleast targetted at the same audience?

Oh, there's always a chance.  This one is kinda slim though.  Basically, for a sequel to happen, we'd have to have permission from FOX to distribute it, and we'd have to have enough of a budget that I could pay everyone, and we could shoot it like a real movie (meaning, paid crew, all at once, for about 3-4 weeks, not a couple hours every 3rd day for 4 months.)

Don't let that get you discouraged though...  There's bound to be other stuff coming out of the Telekinesis mill soon.  Stay tuned.

On the weather front, you really can't beat Utah. 30 to 35 degrees, no humidity, beautiful thunderstorms for an hour or so in the evening.  cool  It's kinda paradise.  But don't tell anyone else, I don't want this to turn into California2.  Too many people, too much traffic.

I aim to misbehave.

#48 2008-06-25 15:10:06

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Dyslexicon wrote:

Oh, there's always a chance.  This one is kinda slim though.  Basically, for a sequel to happen, we'd have to have permission from FOX to distribute it, and we'd have to have enough of a budget that I could pay everyone, and we could shoot it like a real movie (meaning, paid crew, all at once, for about 3-4 weeks, not a couple hours every 3rd day for 4 months.)

Don't let that get you discouraged though...  There's bound to be other stuff coming out of the Telekinesis mill soon.  Stay tuned.

Yep, we sure will.

On the weather front, you really can't beat Utah. 30 to 35 degrees, no humidity, beautiful thunderstorms for an hour or so in the evening.  cool  It's kinda paradise.  But don't tell anyone else, I don't want this to turn into California2.  Too many people, too much traffic.

With your line of work, you'll surely hope to be seeing more and more of California, no?

#49 2008-06-25 18:32:26

J_A
Administrator
Website

I assume he'd always keep a house in utah, when calif gets to be too much wink.

tony.jpg

#50 2008-09-16 18:34:55

Dyslexicon
Website

hardy24 wrote:

With your line of work, you'll surely hope to be seeing more and more of California, no?

Actually, I'm planning on being Utah's Peter Jackson.  No matter what I do, I'll have to spend a certain amount of time in California, but there's a lot of talent here, much more varied geography (meaning better locations) and it's cheaper to shoot here. 

What we really lack is infrastructure.  Sound stages, Post facilities, etc...  So, I'm quietly assembling a team that will ensure our future world domination.  Speaking of which, would you guys be interested in helping me land the Captain America movie?  Why dream if you're not going to dream big, right?

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, been directing some commercials, and a short film series for my alma mater.

And finally, CTU:Provo was accepted to the Tacoma Film Festival!  Not a big Fest, by any means, but still, it's the only one we've submitted to yet.  Are there any cool fests out in Great Britain I could submit to?  It'd be great to come out and meet you fine folks.

I aim to misbehave.

Board footer