24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-16 15:53:24

Past Present Fortune

What are your favourite television shows?

I have 4 main television shows that I watch regularly, these are...

1: 24
2: Prison Break
3: LOST
4: Heroes

...but as of recent times LOST and Heroes have become very poor shows, especially LOST.

#2 2008-02-16 18:33:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: What are your favourite television shows?

lost, PB, 24. that's it.

but over the years I have compiled quite a nice list of other shows, including (but not exclusively) la femme nikita, csi (vegas, miami and new york), the x files, the pretender and others.

on the comedy side, spin city and friends, also sex and the city.

a new show that i'm looking forward to is Californication, starring david duchovny.

I never really tried to get into heroes cause it sounded a bit too fantasy oriented to me - but while waiting for LOST to begin on monday nights, flipping the channels, I'd get a few seconds of the show and noticed that the guy playing adam on 24 is one of the guys on heroes - and he still has that fish mouth look! LOL

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2008-02-16 21:02:27

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:

lost, PB, 24. that's it.

but over the years I have compiled quite a nice list of other shows, including (but not exclusively) la femme nikita, csi (vegas, miami and new york), the x files, the pretender and others.

on the comedy side, spin city and friends, also sex and the city.

a new show that i'm looking forward to is Californication, starring david duchovny.

I never really tried to get into heroes cause it sounded a bit too fantasy oriented to me - but while waiting for LOST to begin on monday nights, flipping the channels, I'd get a few seconds of the show and noticed that the guy playing adam on 24 is one of the guys on heroes - and he still has that fish mouth look! LOL

I also watch other shows such as all 3 of the different types of CSI's that are out there, all of the types of Law & Order that are out there and many other different types of shows such as Friends, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and many, many other shows.

I was simply stating what "prime-time" shows are your favourite television shows.

#4 2008-02-17 00:41:48

hardy24
Administrator
Website

My four absolute favourites,

The West Wing
Battlestar Galactica
Deep Space Nine

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2008-02-17 10:35:57

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

My four absolute favourites,

The West Wing
Battlestar Galactica
Deep Space Nine

Nice list but being 100% honest I have never seen any of them apart from 24, smile.

#6 2008-02-17 12:15:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I highly recommend all of them.

#7 2008-02-17 14:41:36

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

I highly recommend all of them.

I'm really invested into the shows that I'm currently watching, but I may pick these shows up in the future.

#8 2008-02-18 13:30:00

deadmanmoz

Lost lost lost
FAB show.
Heroes series 1, great, series 2 PANTS

Dan i hope you mean the original Battlestar Galactica?!

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#9 2008-02-18 14:50:42

hardy24
Administrator
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

Series 2 did improve slightly near the end.

No, I mean the new Battlestar Galactica, some of the best scifi drama ever, "Lost meets Star Trek"

#10 2008-02-20 12:28:20

deadmanmoz

hardy24 wrote:
deadmanmoz wrote:

Series 2 did improve slightly near the end.

No, I mean the new Battlestar Galactica, some of the best scifi drama ever, "Lost meets Star Trek"

yeah it got better, very very VERY slightly.
Although i havent seen the 10th or 11th episodes yet!

I refuse to watch the new Battlestar as i loved the original too much and dont want it ruined.

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#11 2008-02-20 12:35:08

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Ah, deadman, you've got to give it a go, it's simply brilliant, it may rewrite some of the "history", but it's all for the greater of good of a show which at it's best is simply perfect. Honestly, if it helps, try to think of it as a different show.

Also, i'm curious, why do you love the original so much?

#12 2008-02-22 12:07:42

deadmanmoz

I love the original coz it was one of those shows i grew up watching with my dad and we loved it.
Also the cylons are fab, i dont like them in the new show, why change something that's already awesome.
Like when they made daleks fly and have emotions and stuff, rubbish.

#13 2008-02-22 16:22:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I can understant that, although as a huge doctor who fan, I have to say, the Daleks flying only made them scarier for me.

Do consider what I said, about giving it ago. I mean they even gave Richard Hatch a recurring guest character role for crying out loud!, which he was just awesome in. I'd say try watching the first proper episode of the first series (not the miniseries), it was called "33", it's just really good science fiction. What that episode and you never know, you might find you like it.

#14 2008-02-22 19:47:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh this sounds like the good ol' never change a winning team saying... or rather that thing they say about fearing change... i can't say anything on those shows cause i've never seen them, but I see both of your points. it does seem to me like you're a bit more open to change, dan, but we all know moz likes his deities untouched wink. right moz? big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#15 2008-02-22 21:08:25

Past Present Fortune

Like I said earlier, I watch Heroes but do believe that season 2 was either rushed or poorly made, the first season on the other hand was amazing.

#16 2008-02-23 12:23:35

Steveb

I'm half way through season two at the moment. It's getting better, but I dn't think it'll reach the quality of the first season.

Lost on the other hand just keeps raising it's game at the minute. Love it love it love it.

Deadman, I'm also a big fan of the original BSG, but I really like the new one. It is to all intents and purposes a completely different show. The characters ay have the smae names, but that's about as far as it goes. Even if you have to tell yourself it isn't BSG I'd recommend watching it, just because it's brilliantly written television if nothing else.

On the note abut the daleks flying, I have nothing against it, but the fact that armies of daleks streaming through the sky appears to be on some doctor who ticklist somewhere annoys me. There are so many other things they could do.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#17 2008-02-23 12:37:27

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

I'm half way through season two at the moment. It's getting better, but I dn't think it'll reach the quality of the first season.

Yeah, although I think it may have gotten back to those levels of quality had the second season been a full run and not cut short because of the WGA strike. The third season may get back to it's best.

Lost on the other hand just keeps raising it's game at the minute. Love it love it love it.

Where are you up to?

Deadman, I'm also a big fan of the original BSG, but I really like the new one. It is to all intents and purposes a completely different show. The characters ay have the smae names, but that's about as far as it goes. Even if you have to tell yourself it isn't BSG I'd recommend watching it, just because it's brilliantly written television if nothing else.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on BSG.

On the note abut the daleks flying, I have nothing against it, but the fact that armies of daleks streaming through the sky appears to be on some doctor who ticklist somewhere annoys me. There are so many other things they could do.

Hard to disagree there, although I've heard theories that every dalek episode since the revival may all be tied together in an unusual and clever way which might make all the half hearted dalek episodes worth it.

#18 2008-02-23 13:08:32

Steveb

I'm up to the latest episode of season 4, so pretty much up to date. They're developing the story in a brilliant way, and the new characters aren't annoying which is great.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#19 2008-02-23 13:45:34

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hmm, maybe a Lost discussion thread would be in order.

#20 2008-02-24 12:56:00

24nut
Website

24, ER, Life On Mars

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#21 2008-02-27 12:05:47

deadmanmoz

Ha, you're 100% right JA, i like things the way i like them, like Dessler forever in my heart :'-(

Okay guys, maybe i'll give BSG a look in, a few friends have recommended it too.

Lost is just rocking big time, always does, never fails if you ask me.

As for Heroes series 2, the producer admitted he'd dropped the ball and would try his best to return it to it's eries 1 roots. As always happens, introduce romance and a show suffers!

#22 2008-02-27 13:07:33

hardy24
Administrator
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

Okay guys, maybe i'll give BSG a look in, a few friends have recommended it too.

Good good.

As for Heroes series 2, the producer admitted he'd dropped the ball and would try his best to return it to it's eries 1 roots. As always happens, introduce romance and a show suffers!

I was surprised just how frank the producer's comment where, especcially about the romance in the show. I do hope series 3 is back to it's best, because 2 was such a hollow self impression it hurt.

#23 2008-02-28 15:03:28

deadmanmoz

I think he had to admit it, otherwise people would think that he approved of the show and thus lose confidence in him.
The romance was dros, why bother with it, not one part of any of it was any good.
Partic Clares bloke.

#24 2008-02-28 23:39:09

Steveb

The thing is I can see where the character would have been a good idea when initially discussed, but it's another example of things not developing in a good. I think the same about the South American people storyline, really isn't as interesting as they thought it was.

#25 2008-09-18 02:35:45

ChloeFan817

My list of favorite shows is

2.Seinfeld
3.Prisonbreak
4.House

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

Board footer