international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-26 18:22:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

REWATCH

Hey everyone out there

So, season 6 has finished in the States, and is about to end in the UK.

I can just invision the lost look in the eyes of many right now, saying, "Uhm... What am I supposed to do with my time now?"

Maybe you're afraid of the 24 withdrawal syndrome? (Been there, done that, trust me on that one wink)

Don't worry, help is on the way!

We, the board mod team, have come up with a schedule for what we call a rewatch:

We plan on watching all 6 seasons of 24 in a somewhat organized fashion according to a proposed schedule (see picture) and then getting back here and discussing stuff related to them. We did this before (obviously not with the 6 seasons back then) and it's funny how sometimes when you watch something again after a while you start noticing other things. So, anyone who wants to do this with us is very welcome to join!

Here's the schedule (we will start after the season ends in the UK). We plan on watching 4 eps per week, which corresponds to one disc and should be feasible for everyone.

rewatch.jpg

Hope you have as much fun as ever and that some sound discussions might result from this big_smile

Cheers
J_A

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-05-26 22:52:07

24nut
Website

Re: REWATCH

wow, im up for this, thanks for going to the effort of making the timetable, i feel like im back at school again! big_smile

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2007-05-27 10:23:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

heh, well it's not exactly the idea of sending everyone back to school. lol. but I can understand where that feel might come from, but it's really just a rough guide so we can have some structure and ppl who miss the one or another could know where we've gotten to and come right back in wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-05-27 18:11:52

24crazy
Website

Great idea. I would love to participate if I can get the discs soon. smile

#5 2007-05-27 20:10:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

good, try to, it'd be great big_smile. otherwise you can always join in later. it's not like if you're not there in the first week that it's over and gone. there's lots of time smile

tony.jpg

#6 2007-05-27 23:05:03

Steveb

I figure I can watch seasons 1-5 and then hopefully by the time I've got to rewatching season 6 I'll have got the money to buy it.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#7 2007-05-28 03:57:29

24crazy
Website

I have all of season 6 Tivo'd, so if worst comes to worst, I'll participate with the last season. ^.^

#8 2007-05-28 08:49:55

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

I figure I can watch seasons 1-5 and then hopefully by the time I've got to rewatching season 6 I'll have got the money to buy it.

well, hopefully smile
I have recordings of s5 and 6, not sure if I'll buy them. maybe after all is said and done, I'll decide to get a s5-8 package or something, if they offer it. we'll see. maybe I'll be totally unaddicted by the time s8 finishes.

tony.jpg

#9 2007-06-02 14:37:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

People, this is it, next week, starting with ep one of season one we begin the UNOFFICIAL FAN-ORIENTED 24 REWATCH - whatever that means wink

Will open a thread in the 24 archives section for season 1 smile

tony.jpg

#10 2007-06-02 17:25:15

Steph24
Website

Darn :[ I wish I could watch. I only got the season 2 set, but I think I'll try seeing them at that time then!

steph24.jpg

#11 2007-06-02 17:53:04

J_A
Administrator
Website

aww sorry bout that steph. you know, there's always the option of renting them out  wink

tony.jpg

#12 2007-06-10 23:52:43

MasterofHumility

And if you're jonsin' for new 24-related stuff.  I just posted a fan film on my MySpace page.

It's at:

MySpace.com/MastersofHumility

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

#13 2008-06-17 19:58:34

Past Present Fortune

This needs to be planned again, as I'm currently planning to re-watch all of the seasons and would much prefer if other 24 fans were watching it at the same time as me.

#14 2008-06-17 21:55:19

J_A
Administrator
Website

nice idea, but to be honest, I've seen the seasons so many times already that I don't think I could sit through another rewatch. especially since we've already done one not too long ago. it just kinda loses its appeal when you know almost every line in every ep by heart...

tony.jpg

#15 2008-06-18 07:43:28

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, nice idea, although it takes quite some organising, and if only one or two people are interested then it's not really worth the effort.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#16 2008-06-18 11:25:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Yeah, nice idea, although it takes quite some organising, and if only one or two people are interested then it's not really worth the effort.

exactly. and besides, there always seem to be more people who're interested than eventually take part in it or see it through to the end.

tony.jpg

#17 2008-06-20 11:34:22

Steveb

I'm rewatching again if it helps. The joys of being on tour with only a laptop for company mean that a selection of good DVD's are worth their weight in gold.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

Board footer