international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#76 2007-05-13 19:00:24

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Possible Finale Episode Spoiler

hardy24 wrote:

Someone like Henderson i'd say is more likely than he is.

unfortunately you're right about henderson, though I'll say it again, just hearing that name makes my blood boil again. IF they bring him back I will seriously want to raid Fox's studios and will NOT want to watch any further 24 series. it would be such an unspeakable insult to really have him be alive and return.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#77 2007-05-16 05:57:11

TonyAlmeida

Kim

#78 2007-05-16 09:12:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

even though I'd normally not answer to one word posts, yes, kim might be likely, provided elisha has no other plans. though - how they'd make their relationship interesting again after taking it all the way to wherever it could go - is anyone's guess. I, for one, wouldn't really be interested in it

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#79 2007-05-16 15:07:05

M F Luder

If the words quoted previously were a verbatim quote, I don't think it's Kim. I find it hard to believe she would address her father by first name. Unless, they plan on taking the soap route and claim Jack isn't Kim's father. I wouldn't put it past them, but then again, I don't really care , either.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#80 2007-05-16 17:42:28

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm not convinced the script exact that all this is based on had neccesarily been taylored to one particular character at the time. So certain things could simply be placeholder comments. Though i'd have to say i don't think seeing Kim would be a huge shock for the audience, perhaps for Jack because he thinks Kim thinks he's still in China.

To throw out another name, below, but beware spoilers upto episode 19 (possibly 20)
[spoiler]Could it be Audrey?, but well and unimpared from the pyschological problems she's been displaying since the end of 19 - Which would be a shock i believe to Jack - possibly.[/spoiler]

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#81 2007-05-16 19:04:01

J_A
Administrator
Website

i thought of your suggestion too, the one behind the spoiler bars, and frankly,

[spoiler]it would be a miracle recovery if they made her "well" in 3 to 4 hours. her state would require longtime psychological treatment and would jump the shark again, stretching the borders of credibility to yet another unknown dimension[/spoiler]

tony.jpg

#82 2007-05-16 19:54:35

hardy24
Administrator
Website

hmm....
[spoiler]I was actually thinking that it wasn't that she had recovered from her state in 3 or 4 hours, it was that her condition was more complex than originally thought ... I'm not sure how or if it would be possible, it was just a thought, though I guess your right.[/spoiler]

#83 2007-05-16 20:57:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah well. it probably remains a possibility.
hmm, I'm actually wondering, why are we using the incredibly handy smile spoiler tags in the official spoiler forum?

tony.jpg

#84 2007-05-16 21:39:56

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Well becuase I didn't want to scare anybody away from this discussion. But yeah, I get your point.

#85 2007-05-18 20:42:30

24nut
Website

seems like they have done a pretty good job so far on keeping this secret.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#86 2007-05-28 02:41:42

Sam Smith

WHERE WAS TONY?!

sad

presidentoj5.jpg

#87 2007-05-28 09:59:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hmm, yes, no Tony, nobody. I'll be quite interested to find out why the whole thing was dropped.

#88 2007-05-28 10:52:28

24nut
Website

well i know why it was dropped, i can tell you that we were all right, it was going to be Tony, but they thought that they would be risking the entire premise of 24 by bringing someone bak from the dead. Thats what Cassar said.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#89 2007-05-28 11:14:03

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Have you got a source on that?

#90 2007-05-28 11:45:32

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Have you got a source on that?

Yeah, I'd be very interested in that source of yours, too. A statement like this has to be corroborated by hard evidence in the world of 24, you know that wink

tony.jpg

#91 2007-05-28 16:37:16

24nut
Website

that would be a direct quote from Cassar to Ausiello, so its pretty trusted, they just thought that while they are trying to rebuild the reality that 24 has lost, bringing Tony back wouldn't help.

"ok, here's the straight scoop: I know for a fact that producers very briefly considered bringing Tony back from the dead in the finale's closing moments. Ultimately, however, they decided that such a twist would violate the premise of the series. And as cool as it would've been to have Tony back, I believe they made the right decision."

Last edited by 24nut (2007-05-28 16:40:33)

#92 2007-05-28 16:44:53

hardy24
Administrator
Website

That is very interesting, I hope that there is mention of this in the DVD, maybe they even got around to filming some of it, a long shot but it would be quite something if they did.

#93 2007-05-28 17:18:53

J_A
Administrator
Website

well, it's probably a very good decision that they didn't do it. not only would the credibility of the show have been compromised but also all the pain we'd been through (I know, some of us more than others) would have been ridiculed, in the sense of,

"Haha, you thought he was dead tongue."

To me, nothing more than a slap in the face.

however, I do wonder why they dropped the entire idea of that ending. probably didn't find a good enough character to bring back.

I must say I remain sceptical towards this. It smelled fishy from the beginning like a stale red herring, to be honest wink (in both senses of the word). they probably toyed with it very very briefly or just decided to let it out for us to speculate but never truly considered it.

tony.jpg

#94 2007-05-28 18:37:32

Sam Smith

then they should have brought back Chase

presidentoj5.jpg

#95 2007-05-28 19:44:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah we actually had this discussion of who it should have been a couple pages back, CTUAB. let's not start it again, shall we smile

tony.jpg

#96 2007-05-28 21:58:32

24nut
Website

lol, doesn't mean this plot cant be used in the future, i think it would have been a perfect ending after what did happen in 6x24, but thats me being greedy, i felt the finale was great.

#97 2007-06-26 09:28:40

Steveb

It wouldn't have worked for this season. The show needed closure and throwing a cliffhanger in would have been far too damaging for them to recover. However, I think they could use it as a great way to end an episode next season. If in the first hour, we see this sinister looking car following Jack and at the end it pulls up and Tony is revealed they could get away with it. If they are rebuilding the show and can come up with a decent story for the character being alive then I'm all for it.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#98 2007-09-05 15:54:29

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm reviving this thread, because earlier in this discussion I raised the possibility that they may have gotten so far as filming the "Tony returns" scene, and that if we prayed to the gods hard enough it might make it onto the dvd, just so we could see what it would have been like, and just imagine for a brief beautiful moment that he was actually still alive.

Well, as I surfed the interwebs today. I come across fox's press release for the U.S. release of S6, and buried in the extras list is the following...

"Disc Six
          o Episodes:
                + 2:00AM - 3:00AM
                + 3:00PM - 4:00AM
                + 4:00AM - 5:00AM
                + 5:00AM - 6:00AM including 1 branched deleted scene
          o Special Features:
                + Alternate Ending"

I'm obviously can't be certain that it's what I think it is, but the last time they put something on the DVD and labelled it "Alternate Ending", was back in S1, with the recut last scene where Teri is okay, so i'm thinking it's got to be something big, or it would simply be in with the deleted scenes.

Discuss.

#99 2007-09-08 15:40:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah that was my thought as i saw the list of extras, too. i brought it to mfl and she gave me a heavy sigh, like i knew she would. i'm having mixed feelings about this, still, but if it is what it is, I want to see it. I do. and at this point, I find myself slightly hoping it is. even though I won't end up buying the season just for that.

tony.jpg

#100 2007-09-08 18:45:21

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Overall I think that list of extras is very promising, probably the best we've seen, and so if the UK release has more or less the same extras then I will defintely be pre-ordering it, if not i'll simply buy it at most convenient time.

Board footer