24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-27 11:07:53

hardy24
Administrator
Website

What else do you watch?

There is another type of poll that this forum has, which I wanted to try out, so in reponse to this question, tick as many that apply, and by "watch" I mean you watch pretty much week to week or you see each episode as soon as possible and in order, rarely missing an episode.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-04-27 11:09:36

Steveb

Re: What else do you watch?

I really want to start watching Heroes, I've heard lots of good reports. Apparently it's like Lost but chooses to answer the occasional question. Having said that season three of Lost is proving to be awesome.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2007-04-27 11:12:13

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Having said that season three of Lost is proving to be awesome.

Hmm, in short bursts, though there is an awful lot of stretching of the plot.

#4 2007-04-27 12:48:35

deadmanmoz

^^^^^ agreed dan although some episodes i've REALLY enjoyed

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#5 2007-04-27 12:53:22

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, for me desmonds episode "flashes before your eyes" is probably the best of the season so far for me. That was a pretty much perfect episode.

#6 2007-04-27 13:17:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

I can't wait until s3 starts here. I haven't seen a single ep of it yet. just season 2 so far.

just heard that we'll be getting prison break here so I suppose I'll give that a try.

other shows i watched over the years being Nikita CSI and TXF. maybe CSI should be in the poll? just a thought

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-04-27 14:08:36

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, maybe CSI should, though there were only ten options, and I was just working off a list of the most highly rated. CSI oddly enough wasn't on the list.

Prison Break is good, although can get frustrating at times, making you wonder what's important and whats not, what they'll follow up on and what they won't. But it has a weird knack of just when your about to fall off the edge and stop watching, they pull out a top draw episode.

#8 2007-04-27 16:04:11

Steveb

I've not managed to get into Prison Break and don't really want to buy the full season while I'm unconvinced. I tink CSI probably didn't make the list because there are so many variations of the format, that people tend to spread between them rather than focussing on a sole show.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#9 2007-04-27 16:14:27

J_A
Administrator
Website

you're probably right, steve. with the spin-offs of the original CSI the audience has spread. and not to mention other shows *like* CSI that emerged out of nowhere since gill grissom hit the screen wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#10 2007-04-27 16:38:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

The format of CSI is one week doesn't seem to punish those who drop away or miss a couple of episodes, also meaning it doesn't reward those who do make the effort. So I kind of drifted away from CSI.

#11 2007-04-27 19:48:53

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah me too.

I haven't watched it in months really. the proximate reason was that my ex bf was always occupying the big TV we had and I was reluctant to watch TV night by night on the small TV in the bedroom and with him always walking in anyway.

the ultimate reason though, ironically, were the many spinoffs. whereas they initially seemed a good idea and I got to like all three teams, it proved to be a kind of an overkill, an overload to the point that I just didn't feel I could devote so many hours per week to a single show.

CSI would principally air on three channels that I watched. a swiss one, a german one and an austrian one. CSI Vegas would air mondays and wednesdays, CSI Miami on tuesdays and fridays, CSI new york on mondays and thursdays, and then as if that was not enough, more and more channels started picking up CSI.. you get the picture. I felt like with 3 different storylines and X different channels which were all in different seasons I just couldn't follow anymore. I never knew which season which channel which CSI was in so I kinda gave up. I actually don't watch any TV at the moment. I'll pick up on Lost s3 when it starts airing, but other than that, I don't really see anything drawing me to the screen... the TV one anyway wink

tony.jpg

#12 2007-04-28 10:28:29

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yes, same here JA, all three CSI's are on one channel over here, but it just became so confusing tracking how much you'd missed since I last watched. Las Vegas was always my favourite and I think the season finale directed by Tarantino was the last episode I actually saw in it's entirety. Miami & New York always just seemed like a photocopy of the Vegas show that didn't offer anything new.

#13 2007-04-28 11:12:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

...it just became so confusing tracking how much you'd missed since I last watched. Las Vegas was always my favourite and I think the season finale directed by Tarantino was the last episode I actually saw in it's entirety.

those were indeed very good eps. though I'm not usually much of a fan of tarantino's. poor nick - I still see him buried in that coffin underground. *shudder*. I probably saw an ep or another thereafter, but what really killed the interest for me was the reruns that added to the confusion. I mean, if I had the dvd's I'd still watch it but I just can't and won't spend all that money on it. the CSI seasons are really expensive. and yes, the Vegas one has remained my favorite too. I haven't really been able to warm up to anyone beyond horatio and wolff on Miami, and New York was a little different with a couple actors I knew from before (the apollo 13 actor and hector salazar's "claudia"), but it's true, since the concept of the whole thing never changes you feel caught in a loop that never ends. unlike 24.

tony.jpg

#14 2007-04-28 11:34:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, if I started buying CSI on DVD I would have to buy all of the Vegas seasons on DVD, that's money that could be better spent on 24, West Wing, Lost, DS9, Doctor Who, and so many others which my brain tells me I must have the complete set of, add another and my wallet starts to look like Jacks coming for him.

#15 2007-04-28 11:59:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

add another and my wallet starts to look like Jack's coming for him.

LOL. big_smile. see, that's why I never started buying any DVDs in the first place. apart from 24, of course.

no, really, I'd like to see the CSIs, in order, and all the seasons and stuff, if I could bring some order back I might go and watch it on TV again but they release in this half-season fashion - or even less than that and sell it for the money you can get a complete season of 24 for. unless they start doing the half season box sets too - have they decided on doing that? I know they wanted to.

tony.jpg

#16 2007-04-28 12:26:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It's defintely the fashion, to get as many suckers to buy the half season sets, then give in and release full season.

A quick amazon search reveals that full season sets do now exist. And that you can also get the first five seasons of Vegas for £77 (as well as the first four seasons and the first three seasons for similar £60ish sums of money)

#17 2007-04-28 22:17:00

24nut
Website

from that list, just House, just casually though.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#18 2007-05-01 09:00:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

It's defintely the fashion, to get as many suckers to buy the half season sets, then give in and release full season.

so has 24 started doing that, too now? you know I don't own s5 and that discussion had arisen around the time of the release of it

tony.jpg

#19 2007-05-01 10:23:26

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

so has 24 started doing that, too now? you know I don't own s5 and that discussion had arisen around the time of the release of it

No, it hasn't, they're still releasing them in full season sets only.

#20 2007-05-01 10:29:52

J_A
Administrator
Website

good smile

tony.jpg

#21 2007-06-05 15:23:31

Nikolon

Hi ppl, smile I think in this poll must be Supernatural too, great TV show...

Last edited by Nikolon (2007-06-05 15:24:38)

50_1.png

#22 2007-06-05 18:01:41

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey there, welcome to the board. smile. is anyone we know in Supernatural? haven't heard of it before

tony.jpg

#23 2007-06-05 18:55:08

Sam Smith

from that list: nothing

presidentoj5.jpg

#24 2008-04-16 16:05:40

Minerva

I watch lost ,heroes, scrubs and stargate sg-1.....but I don't know some of the tv- show...here in Italy doctor who ,the daily show and battlestar doesn't run......puff that's not right! we are always the last

#25 2008-04-16 16:29:04

hardy24
Administrator
Website

No doctor who, daily show or battlestar???? I would go out of my mind without those three.

Board footer