24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-13 23:32:09

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Alternative Day Eight

In my opening review of the first four episodes I wrote the following...

Go with me for a minute, as I present my alternate reality premiere. It’s just gone midnight. There is no “New CTU”,  just the local FBI, who are about to sign off on Jack moving back west in the morning. Quarter past midnight and Jack gets a thundering knock at the door which wakes him up. A FBI agent who Jack is passingly acquainted with needs a favour. Jack doesn’t want to hear it, but he has news of Renee who hasn’t returned Jack’s calls. Renee has been undercover with the Russian Mob for the past month, but she’d gone dark a few days after going under. A few hours ago Renee called a FBI number and left a message for “Frank Flynn”, the bogus name Jack lived under for a year. The FBI don’t know what is gone wrong, but Renee’s call has set up a cover for Jack and a meeting time and place. The FBI need Jack to go in. Meanwhile in a suite of hotel rooms a heated debate is going on between President Hassan and his staff, as they put together the speech he will give in front of the UN General Assembly in 12 hours. Hassan wants it to be the first step towards talks with President Taylor, but it must be a speech all of the fragile coalition which elected him can agree on. In the local FBI field office, Agent Ortiz is the ranking officer in charge of the midnight to 6 shift as the monitor intelligence and chatter for any sign of a threat to Hassan’s speech.

and then again in watching episode 5 I hit upon a few things which I would have changed to make the episode more dramatically effective. Most notably the Jack revealing Renee had tried to commit suicide in a conversation with Chloe. They should instead of just let Renee's line "you wouldn't be doing anything i haven't tried myself".

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is for people to post the things they would change about Season Eight. In the end we might end up with a solid outline for a Alternative Day Eight fanfic.

Please only post references only up to what has aired in the UK (one week behind US schedule)

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

Board footer