24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-07 14:18:47

J_A
Administrator
Website

Season 7 quiz!

Dear Ladies and Gents, the season is over. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and I hope that so have you. Last weekend  (it was a long weekend), I'd made it my weekend's goal to make the first Complete Season 7 Rewatch happen, and let all the Godliness of Almeida take me in and remind me yet again just why I love that man and by extension that show as much.

And I was thinking, why not let all of ya in on my enjoyment - with an impromptu 24 Season 7 Quiz!

Here's the deal: 24 Questions, 24 Answers. The first person who submits all 24 correct answers will win!

What you'll win? Aside from Glamour and an Honorable Mention, I'm not so sure! But even without monetary gain, I think the quiz should be fun to answer - and might encite you to check those 24 episodes again during your hunt for answers!

So, happy hunting and happy watching! The game is on!

Here are the questions:

Q1: How often did Tony Almeida ask "Are we in their system?" this season?

Q2: Which characters did Jack submit to the sleeper hold this season? (That's him putting his arm around a person's neck from behind and cutting off their air supply until they go unconscious)

Q3: Agent Franks (the FBI agent whom Renée sent to the airport to watch Kim) was strangled to death in a restroom. Which character met the same fate in season 1?

Q4: What is "CTU Light"?

Q5: How much did Olivia Taylor pay for the hit on Jonas Hodges?

Q6: Which were John Cassar's last episodes as a director of 24?

Q7: What makes Jack realize Tony is colluding with Galvez (two pieces of evidence)?

Q8: What was the make of the truck that the bioweapon was loaded onto after it had been airlifted to the compound?

Q9: What was the advice Hodges gave to Seaton as Tony first arrived to Starkwood?

Q10: To whom did Jack say "Trust isn't my greatest asset."?

Q11: The Posse Commitatus Act was referenced in Season 7 and also in earlier seasons. What does it state?

Q12: Which hotel and room number is Olivia's journalist friend staying at?

Q13: What's the entry code to Hodges's restricted hangar?

Q14: Which (nonexisting) gas did Tony and Jack mix to smoke out Motobo and his wife?

Q15: Which drug helps mask Jack's symptoms?

Q16: Starkwood is in possession of ground to ground missiles by the name of?

Q17: Judging by the information given to us in the season, which time of the year must season 7 be happening in?

Q18: At what time exactly did Tony take out the fuel hangar at Starkwood?

Q19: What color is the code for "Retreat" in the FBI language? Options: blue, red, yellow.

Q20: Which hospital was Hodges brought to after his attempted suicide?

Q21: What is the size (area) of the Starkwood compound?

Q22: Galves impersonated Agent Stoller as he drew the FBI into the building he blew up. In an earlier season, there was a character named Stoller, too. Who was he or she?

Q23: "I always knew eventually we'd agree on something." What?

Q24: You want the members of your team to give you someone's location. You ask for a ___________ on that person.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-06-07 19:32:07

24nut
Website

Re: Season 7 quiz!

after having a bit of a rewatch this season ive sent my answers big_smile

Last edited by 24nut (2009-06-07 19:32:21)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-06-08 21:23:01

J_A
Administrator
Website

I saw your PM. you got some of the answers wrong, most are right. post them here so we can get a thread going? smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-06-09 10:15:28

24nut
Website

1. Once
2. Bill Buchannon
3. Robert Ellis
4. A group of ex CTU employees, Bill Buchannon, Chloe O Brian and Tony Almeida
5. $250,000.00
6. 7x23 and 7x24
7.  a) Vincent Cardiff  was alive and well, but Tony said he died whilst interrogating him
b) Tony shot hilmself with a 9mm round and Galvez was firing a 45mm weapon. Jack said he couldn't have switched to a 9mm in that time frame to shoot Tony. Or their had to be a second person with Galvez.

8. GMC
9. "keep your doubts to yourself"
10. Senator Blaine Mayer
11. U.S. federal law that makes it a crime to use the military as a domestic police force in the United States under most circumstances
12. 71
13. 69877
14. Ammonium Distrate
15. Pendopomine
16. Python 5's
17. Autumn
18. 01:24:14
19. Blue
20. West Arlington
21. 3 square miles
22. “Theo Stoller”appeared in Season 5 as an agent of the German Federal Intelligence service and he was working covertly in the United States.
23. Jack wanted to assist on the raid of the Starkwood compound but Larry cant risk Jack showing symptoms when out in the field.
24. Position

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2009-06-09 20:17:36

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Q1: Once
Q2: Renee & Bill
Q3: Damn it'll come to me.
Q4: The FBI with recommissioned CTU servers.
Q5: $250000
Q6: 23 & 24
Q7: Spent shell casing of different calibre to that which the medic pulled out of Tony.
Q8: GM?
Q9: To calm down?
Q10: Renee
Q11: The U.S. military cannot be used for civil policing in the United States.
Q12: 160
Q13: Not a clue
Q14: Hydrochrodic acid
Q15: ?
Q16: Python 5's
Q17: Summer(?)
Q18: 23:15(?)
Q19: Red
Q20: GW
Q21: 10 square miles
Q22: A German agent on a pre-emptive uncover mission cut short by Jack who offers him the "CIA Wetlist" in return for cooperation.
Q23: That Jack wasn't fit for the field.
Q24: Twenty

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#6 2009-06-09 21:47:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

thanks for your posts, guys!  J_A is a happy gal this evening, having gotten not just ONE but TWO people to answer her quiz big_smile. thanks!!! Between the two of you, you have most questions correct, which is cool! big_smile. some, however, are still wrong...

I won't give the correct answers instantly (still holding out hope for more offerings), but here's my preliminary input to what the two of you have posted:

you might want to think again about your answers to questions 1&2, cause it may not be as obvious as it seems! Q8, of course, is guesswork, but if you know which countries I'm a fan of, you might be able to guess the make of the truck wink. The quote in Q9, I thought was very memorable, and frankly, I'm surprised neither of you got it right. Q12 asked for the name of the hotel and the room number, not just a number. And I know that Q17 may seem next to impossible to answer (and if someone thinks it's still debatable, I'll agree), but I think we have quite a bit of information in the season on which to base an estimate how far into Taylor's first year in office we are.

well, maybe someone will have some time over the weekend to come up with some more answers? the quiz should probably have an end date , I guess, so... maybe early next week?

keep thinking big_smile

tony.jpg

#7 2009-06-10 20:39:09

Steveb

Sorry, as ever, my replies are a little late.

Q1: At a guess three. Once about Air traffic control, once about FBI and once about the Subway.
Q2: Bill, Renee and I seem to think that there is someone else... Larry possibly.
Q3: Robert Ellis. One of those sadly wasted characters.
Q4: CTU with 25% less fat? It's either the answer Dan gave or the answer 24nut gave, and I'm going to go with Dan, the recommissioned CTU servers at FBI
Q5: $250000
Q6: The finale. Although he didn't seem to direct that many this season, or maybe that's just me.
Q7: The gun and bullet being different and his star witness not being dead as he claimed
Q8: Stobarts?
Q9: It's something about knowing the man, isn't it? I'm honestly not sure.
Q10: Senator Mayer
Q11: The government can't deploy the military as police without first declaring martial law.
Q12: Pass
Q13: 5833. I'm guessing again.
Q14: Pass
Q15: Pass
Q16: Python missiles with R-7 rocket fuel I think.
Q17: Well, if it's six months after Redmeption then it must be early Summer as that was in January. Although was it six months after Redemption? I'm not sure of anything anymore.
Q18: 01:20ish
Q19: Code Blue
Q20: Arlington General
Q21: 430 acres
Q22: The German intelligence agent in s5 who wanted the Wet list from Jack. Played by Henry Ian Cusick who know plays Desmond Hulme in Lost.
Q23: Larry and Jack agreeing Jack wasn't fit enough to go to Starkwood.
Q24: Twenty. Presumably referring to 20-20 vision.

I'm hoping for half right.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#8 2009-06-12 18:14:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

thanks for playing along steve! actually, you've got more than a half right, some (like Q9) are a little vague, so they'll be worth half a point I think big_smile.

and no, you're not late. I think I'll leave the quiz unsolved until the end of next week to give nero a chance to reply, too, cause he has exams until then wink.

and I might come up with another quiz later - or if someone else feels like it, be my guest!

tony.jpg

#9 2009-09-01 10:55:14

Steveb

*Bump*

Can we get some answers J_A? I don't think anyone else is going to be playing.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#10 2009-09-05 13:42:33

J_A
Administrator
Website

right. I forgot about this... I'll need to consult my file and come back to you with the answers. if i can find it, that is...

edit. no file, but remembered i'd sent the answers to myself to my inbox. here then (and i hope i was right about them all. lol):

Q1: How often did Tony Almeida ask "Are we in their system?" this season?
Twice. First regarding Air Traffic Control, and later regarding the Metro Transportation

Q2: Which characters did Jack submit to the sleeper hold this season? (That's him putting his arm around a person's neck from behind and cutting off their air supply until they go unconscious)
Renée Walker, Bill Buchanan, Tony Almeida

Q3: Agent Franks (the FBI agent whom Renée sent to the airport to watch Kim) was strangled to death in a restroom. Which character met the same fate in season 1?
Robert Ellis

Q4: What is "CTU Light"?
FBI using CTU Servers, as stated by Janis Gold

Q5: How much did Olivia Taylor pay for the hit on Jonas Hodges?

Q6: Which were John Cassar's last episodes as a director of 24?
Episodes 23 and 24

Q7: What makes Jack realize Tony is colluding with Galvez (two pieces of evidence)?
Tony's bullet wound which was a 9mm, and Tony's lie about the man he supposedly interrogated.

Q8: What was the make of the truck that the bioweapon was loaded onto after it had been airlifted to the compound?
The truck was a Volvo

Q9: What was the advice Hodges gave to Seaton as Tony first arrived to Starkwood?
"Know the psychology of your subject."

Q10: To whom did Jack say "Trust isn't my greatest asset."?
Senator Blaime Meyer

Q11: The Posse Commitatus Act was referenced in Season 7 and also in earlier seasons. What does it state?
That the government can't use military units for law enforcement on US soil. Pres Palmer had to face the PCA too, for example in Season 2.

Q12: Which hotel and room number is Olivia's journalist friend staying at?
Rosevelt Continental, Room 1271

Q13: What's the entry code to Hodges's restricted hangar?

Q14: Which (nonexisting) gas did Tony and Jack mix to smoke out Motobo and his wife?
Ammonium distrate

Q15: Which drug helps mask Jack's symptoms?
Pandopamine

Q16: Starkwood is in possession of ground to ground missiles by the name of?
Python 5

Q17: Judging by the information given to us in the season, which time of the year must season 7 be happening in?
Sometime before Christmas holiday season during Taylor's first year in office.

Q18: At what time exactly did Tony take out the fuel hangar at Starkwood?
1:24 AM

Q19: What color is the code for "Retreat" in the FBI language? (options: blue, red, yellow)
Code Blue

Q20: Which hospital was Hodges brought to after his attempted suicide?
West Arlington Hospital

Q21: What is the size (area) of the Starkwood compound?
3'000 square miles

Q22: Galves impersonated Agent Stoller as he drew the FBI into the building he blew up. In an earlier season, there was a character named Stoller, too. Who was he or she?
Theo Stoller, the German intelligence agent whom Jack had screwed over in Seaseon 4 (played by the actor who went on to become Desmond on LOST).

Q23: "I always knew eventually we'd agree on something." What?
That it is better for Jack to stay in the FBI instead of going into the field with Larry Moss because he's sick.

Q24: You want the members of your team to give you someone's location. You ask for a ___________ on that person.
...twenty.

I could check the answers submitted and see who won later. but right now, i really got to get going

tony.jpg

#11 2009-09-06 09:22:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Counted for myself, I got 9 right! which is pathetic, if nobody else beat that i'll be very dissappointed.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#12 2009-09-06 15:35:32

J_A
Administrator
Website

...we have a winner!

After counting the points thoroughly and conscientiously (and giving 1/2 a point where applicable), the results are

3rd place: dan: 9 points
2nd place: steve: 13.5 points
1st place: 24nut: 14.5 points

congratulations to all three of you, you've done quite well! I'm sure I couldn't have done better if I hadn't written the quiz myself big_smile. and special congrats to 24nut - now we need to figure out the grand prize! wink

oh, and I've accepted all answers for Q17 and given all of you half a point for it (about when the season takes place) because even my own answer is a guess at best. we don't know for sure.

if you're interested in the detailed results, here's a jpg of my excel file:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/jack_addict/quizresults2.jpg

thanks for the participation smile.

tony.jpg

#13 2009-10-29 13:06:29

24nut
Website

I've been pretty busy lately and have only just seen this,it was definatly a close one, thanks for writing the quiz!

#14 2009-11-15 14:38:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

you're welcome, it was fun! and congrats for winning it big_smile

tony.jpg

Board footer