24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-28 12:52:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

Will Tony or other characters return in S8?

David Fury discussed the possibility of returning characters in the next season. He said:

Question: Is this really the final season of 24?

Answer: "I don't know with regard to the last season," says Kiefer Sutherland. "It is the last season that I've been contracted to do 24, but I really don't know." If it truly is Jack's last hurrah, the producers are planning some return visits from seasons past. "There's certainly a chance [of bringing back old characters]. We've certainly been talking about that," says David Fury. "At this point, we're only in the first third of the season, but we have begun to discuss some of the characters that could return." Fury says he really wants to see Teri Bauer (Leslie Hope) return to the show. "If Tony [Carlos Bernard] is still alive, there's every chance that Teri pulled through," jokes Fury. In all seriousness, there's a likely possibility that Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin) and Mandy (Mia Kirshner) could appear. Also, "You may see Tony—there may be an opportunity for Tony to be pivotal in the show," adds Fury.

The other question involved a Jack and Renée:

Q: Can you please tell us if Jack and Renee will really find happiness this season on 24?

As executive producer David Fury teased, Renée is a damaged person upon returning next season. However, Kiefer says they are really trying to find peace for Jack, which includes all things that have the potential to make him happy. "People would like to see him at least have the option to have a good life," Kiefer Sutherland tells us. "We stripped a lot of those components over the years, by virtue of killing everybody, that whether he wants to live or die seemed to become innocuous—like who cares, there's nothing really to live for. What we did for this season is to really try and create something that would make Jack want to live," i.e., a relationship with Renée.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-08-01 15:11:59

Steveb

Re: Will Tony or other characters return in S8?

I'll be surprised if Tony doesn't come back in at least a small capacity. It'd be great to see him in an almost Hannibal Lecter type role- Jack having to visit him in prison to find out some crucial information from his three years deep cover.

Mandy, as cool as she is, is very two-dimensional so I'm not too fussed if she returns or not.

Logan still has a lot of story left untold. A) did he survive? B) How is he connected to Johnson? and so on and so forth.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2009-08-03 13:08:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah, i've been seeing jack visiting tony in prison before my mind's eye. that would be the most logical way of bringing tony back. most likely he's on death row this time... maybe jack can get him out of prison cause he neds his help really badly, which would ultimately lead to tony's redemption... in death or life. most likely death. I really don't need mandy's return. I just don't want them to imply that tony's been working with her cause that would make little sense, imho. i'd rather see marie warner return. if they have to bring back old female characters. i thought she was interesting. however, I do NOT want to see kate warner anywhere near the set. lol.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-08-03 20:28:32

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hopefully we'll see Tony again, although obviously if he's in prison there's only so much action he's good for.

Logan would be interesting, but hopefully we can avoid a repeat of his season 6 cameo which while good and well acted felt so shoe-horned into the plot. Plus the most obvious place for Logan to be is in house arrest, meaning Jack could end up spending several hours bouncing between prisons asking old "friends" questions.

It might be interesting to have Audrey back, or atleast to know what happened to her.

If there is a nice role which Mandy fits into, then it would be cool to have her back.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2009-08-05 14:54:04

J_A
Administrator
Website

Plus the most obvious place for Logan to be is in house arrest, meaning Jack could end up spending several hours bouncing between prisons asking old "friends" questions.

lol. yeah I guess.... lol

honestly, I hope if they bring tony back (and do so from a prison cell), he will end up redeeming himself in SOME way, be it through death for a greater cause or ... well, what else is there, really, considering what he's done...? not that I really WANT to see him dead... but in this scenario, I could live with it. Probably also because I'm not nearly as addicted to the show as I was years ago.

tony.jpg

#6 2009-08-09 13:36:00

Steveb

I also think that Tony's story has reached some kind of closure now so if they kill him off then it won't be as big a deal as it was when they did it the first time.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#7 2009-08-10 20:44:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

definitely steve. also, with the back and forth for him between life and death, there is a chance that some fans would just react with a "oh, again... alright, then." in case of tony's demise. so if it were to happen it'd have to be REALLY powerful and meaningful, or they'd better not bother. so in such a way, if they do bring him back, his chances of survival might actually have increased, who knows. but you're also right about the closure, it is in fact not so critical any more for him to return. somehow, I don't think his storyline would be good enough.

tony.jpg

Board footer