24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-28 21:20:07

J_A
Administrator
Website

Which s7 episode was your favourite?

So, I've noticed Dan has put up a new poll on the site asking readers to vote on their favourite 24 epi of the season. I'll say it straight out - I can't decide. Not yet anyway. I need to let all this settle, and do a nice rewatch, preferable over the course of a couple of days only, and then be able to compare. some eps (I think ep 14 most of all) used way too many little elements from earlier seasons (which led some people to say the writing was "uninspired"), and other eps lacked tony, there were some VERY implausible moments, but other than that, the season has been rock solid for the most part. for a long time, my favorite episode / moment was the end of ep 2 and then the whole of eps 3/4 with the whole, "Tony's undercover" plot, right up until the season finale, but there's been so much great acting and so much good writing that I am honestly unable to vote. I hope dan will leave the poll up there for a while still. in the meantime, who CAN decide? what's your favourite episode?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-05-28 23:53:53

24nut
Website

Re: Which s7 episode was your favourite?

im also finding it very very hard, i think this is one of those seasons where you just cant pick only one episode due to it having such a great scene, so im going to just list my top 10 favourite scenes, in no order.

1. Jack breaks Tony out of FBI custody
2. Jack, Bill, Tony and Chloe at "ctu" headquarters
3. Jack on the run from the FBI after being setup
4. Kim visits Jack
5. Tony witholds Jacks medicine/ reveals himself to Jack
6. Jack beats Tony, episode 22
7. Tony confronts Wilson
8. Tony and Jack bury Renne
9. Tony and Jack at sunset
10. Jacks talk with the Senator, episode 14

I could go on and on, those are just the 10 i can think of off the top of my head, there are many many more.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-05-29 07:34:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

i agree, and you've made some great choices there. i'd have to ad a lot of stuff between jack and renée, cause they've really had terrific moments. one of them was certainly jack at the hospital, when renée slaps him and shouts, DO YOU FEEL THAT, JACK?

then, amazingly enough, even the white house had its moments, for example, pres taylor forcing jack to open the safe room and coming out to face dubaku, and him demonstrating his authority by slapping her. cherry's acting was so brilliant there, you could really feel it all.

I also loved some scenes with larry, who didn't annoy me as much as he annoyed some other people. i wish tony hadn't killed him, but oh well... i can't quite pick a fave scene off the top of my head now, but iliked the whole back and forth of his character, his being torn between doing his job and protecting renée - very tony-esque (s3-tony)

and i never thought that kim would make any of my rankings, but her return and trying to talk to jack about the stem cell therapy was really well done. i liked her character this season cause she's grown up, but i said that elsewhere. her ultimate decision to try to save her father when he's on his death bed was quite the proof that she's foforgiven him, and probably isn't ready to let him go cause they've had so little time together. she hasn't seen him much ever since he went to play dead after season four, and she does want him to find out he's a granpa. heheh. oh, kim, just don't bring that kid in next season. i don't need another baby at ctu scene wink

ohand one of my other favorite tony scenes was the one in the van with emerson and jack, where emerson talks about their past and why tony joined them, and tony finishes the sentence... broke my heart. I really need a rewatch NOW big_smile. who's in?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-05-29 10:02:38

24nut
Website

yeah a rewatch is essential big_smile

1 or 2 episodes a week though?

I wanted to rewatch the season anyway, would be good to get some more discussion going in the forum about it, now we have watched the whole season.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2009-05-29 12:04:56

J_A
Administrator
Website

nope, I'm going to do a rewatch this weekend, and watch the whole season. monday is off here, so there's some time to spend big_smile

tony.jpg

#6 2009-05-29 14:51:20

24nut
Website

haha, your not in a rush at all are you, haha. I might watch a few, i have started ripping them for my own use on my ps3 so i can stream them around on my tv downstairs where i dont have a blu ray player etc, only 7 more episodes to convert.

I think im going to watch the first 4 episodes tonight.

#7 2009-05-29 22:45:58

J_A
Administrator
Website

i'm still getting the better resolution ones, and they're not really coming through very quickly, i might have to start watching the 300MB ones and watch the 1GB versions later. i only started getting those ones when i got the new comp, cause the laptop couldn't handle them

tony.jpg

#8 2009-06-07 08:53:24

Steveb

I went with the finale, but it was a close call. I think just for stand-out acting quality it was great across the board and every actor had a chance to shine.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#9 2009-06-07 13:05:01

J_A
Administrator
Website

After rewatch, I have to say (again), the season overall was just great. I think for the tenseness of it and because of the FBI interrogation & breakout, eps 3/4 are at my top of the list, with 23/24 right up there, too. excellent season really.

tony.jpg

Board footer