24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-21 22:40:09

24nut
Website

7x22 Discussion / 5:00am - 6:00am

i thought this episode was great, it really seems to be gearing up to the final play between Jack, Tony and these mysterious guys behind all this.

The kim scenes were a bit laughable, definatly not as bad as some of her old storylines i suppose.

The way that Jack started beating Tony was so brilliant, Kiefer showed real anger when he started hitting him, but when the camera asjusted to Tony's view of him looking up at Jack, Kiefer showed both anger and sadness. It was brilliant.

I cant wait for the last 2 episodes, i cant believe this is it, it's over in the states and just a few days left for us uk viewers. Hopefully i'll be able to watch it tommorow if my blu ray set arrives, it shipped like 7 days ago so i hope it does.

What was everyone elses opinion on the episode?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2009-05-22 12:28:09

Steveb

Re: 7x22 Discussion / 5:00am - 6:00am

I liked the way the bio-terror story was rounded off. In previous seasons, they would have killed off the muslim boy just to tie up his storyline but this is new 24 where death isn't the only solution. The look between Jack and the Imam was also a very nice moment.

Forcing Jack to break Tony out is going to make for a good finale. It's the old partnership loyalties against the new partnership loyalties and Renee has been through a lot this season and is no longer the gun shy girl of 20 hours ago, so if Jack does go against her, will she fight back?

And to the kimnapping, how we've missed thee! Bringing Kim back was always going to head in one direction and it was a slightly predictable episode for her. The laptop display moment was a tad too much but they covered it well enough, and we've obviously now got that strong personal angle to lead us to the finale.

The questions that arrive from the current scenario:

-Why does the mystery woman want Tony so badly?
-Will Jack really turn on Renee?
-Can we really see everyone walking away from this?
-What are the odds of the mystery conpsirators being exposed? (my guess would be slim!)

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2009-05-28 21:12:02

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: 7x22 Discussion / 5:00am - 6:00am

Good questions there, steve, and all very valid points there. the question concerning the mystery woman is quite easy to answer, though. cause he's HOT!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile (you're sorry you asked now, right? wink)

anyway, yes, KimNapping (R) was definitely predictable and hey, we've all known it would happen, the moment her return to the series was announced. But the interesting thing is (and will be) how the New Kim will handle it. I mean, she's always been Jack's daughter, never just the poor victim who surrendered to her fate and went to cry in an angle, but this is a different situation for her. she's a mom, and she used to work at CTU. she's an ex federal agent, and has grown up. I can't see her just letting herself get 'napped and giving up any more than she did in any of the previous seasons. So because I was guessing she'd get 'napped, I was a bit weary of the idea of bringing her back, ESPECIALLY since there was a chance (and still is, at the point of ep 22) that Tony might cause her harm  - and we all know what Jack'll do to Tony if any harm comes to Kim.

I'll tell ya one thing, though. This season has had me more afraid for Tony's life than any other season. Even in s5, when they originally tried to bomb him to Hell and then actually drugged him to what later turned out to be a weakly explained coma, I wasn't at the edge of my seat for such a long period of time. and in the earlier seasons, I didn't expect him to die, so I didn't feel that way, either. This time, though, with all the fanfare saying how Evil he is, with all the good n bad, black, grey and white of the Almeida, I've been afraid every single minute of every episode Tony's been in. Very well done. Excellent smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer