24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-17 18:50:14

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Ep 7x21 Discussion

Just saw this episode yesterday, very good, much better than I expected given that this episode got the worst visitors ratings of any episode this season from visitors to the main site.

Much better than episode 20, they did some interesting stuff with the idea of profiling and people's rights etc. My one bugbear is that surely Jack could have seen Tony might have been framing an innocent much earlier and told the Imam this, "We think it's possible someone else is trying to frame him", would have brought the Imam round a lot sooner. I don't think Jack is fully on top of his game anymore and so he's covering by being bullish.

So we still don't know Tony's true intentions, but surely that will become clear as actually carrying out the attack is the point of no return for Tony, his motivations will become clear shortly after or before the attack i'd predict.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2009-05-21 22:34:30

24nut
Website

Re: Ep 7x21 Discussion

i agree it was a very good episode, i am really loving the technical aspects of these later episodes, they look even more stylish that usual, the lighting is playig a big part and makes the atmosphere amazing.

Jack isn't at the top of his game, im sure none of us would be if we were having seizures from a biological pathogen. I think they have played Jack's character well in that he is functioning, but only just.

And as for Tony, he is as "grey" as he has ever been, i just keep getting the feeling that this is Tony justifying the means with an end.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-05-22 12:19:14

Steveb

A good episode. Definitely picking up the pace a little, but it did feel like a lot of it was filling time between the last major event and the next.

A decent death, as well, for Jonas Hodges. It has to be said he's been living on borrowed time for a while now, but it's a shame to see him go. All credit to Jon Voight for creating one of the top 24 villains of all time.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2009-05-22 16:38:33

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, though I would have to say that he deserved a better death than he got. Perhaps death by Tony would have been better, would not have broken whatever moral rules Tony is now working too, shown us what he is truly capable of, and then the guy who is head of the kabal would have really trusted him.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2009-05-28 21:02:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

"Death by Tony" - I like the way that sounds... to a point anyway. lol. I don't know though. Had he killed him, he'd have been in even more of a jam than he already is. I'm liking the whole greyness of the Almeida, and his preparedness to do whatever's necessary to achieve whatever end he's working towards, and I remember that I hadn't let my hope go that his motives are not simple personal revenge up until the moment they were revealed in one of the final episodes. that is to say, at this point (of the 21st ep) I share 24nut's feelings that there's more to it than just Michelle's death that he's been mentioning all along.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer