24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-04 01:34:55

Johnnydon

Tony Fans!

I'm pysched Tony's back! For those of you that don't know, Carlos Bernard just came back from shooting Alien Raiders, it's by the same people that did Otis (underrated horror-comedy IMO). I keep waiting for carlos to break through in a starring role, think this could be it?

#2 2009-02-04 11:30:59

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Tony Fans!

hey there. thanks for the info - I'm psyched about tony's return too. smile.

as for carlos, I don't know... you know, he's been saying that - aside from 24 - he wanted to do more behind-the-camera stuff, and go back to theater. so... I'm kinda thinking he's not even looking for a movie break-through. unfortunately. sad

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2009-02-04 12:24:56

deadmanmoz

Tony Almeida is the best thing on tv smile

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#4 2009-02-04 23:30:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

Okay, I've just watched Alien Raiders. First of all, it was very hard not to see Carlos as Tony - primarily because he was shooting this movie during his work on season 7 and he sported the almost exactly same look as season 7 Tony Almeida does - with the hair and five o'clock shadow and the dark clothes - and he got to use his weapons a lot. In short, this was what Tony does on his day off! Lol. It looked like Tony having a fun field day without Jack. And the holdup at the grocery store made me think of Kim bauer in season 2. luckily, she wasn't around. but then there was whitney! lol.

The movie was cool, somehow, despite the pretty much overused topic of aliens infecting human bodies, but it was done nicely as a thriller and had that edge-of-your-seat quality going on at all times. I liked the music, too.

I loved it every time Carlos's character said "fucking!" lol. yes, I'm a desperate Almeida-groupie!

On a different note, the cast was very strong and I know I've seen many of them in other places on TV. including the black guy from Prison Break - again, another instance of "I cannot separate the guy's character from him in this movie." especially cause he gets to use his shotgun here as well!

Needless to say, though, it was clear that Ritter wouldn't make it sad . And so I've pretty much had to watch Tony Almeida die - again.. Fuck, I'm starting to get used to it! sad. I so do not want to see that happen again on 24... dammit!

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer