24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-30 11:50:10

Steveb

New S7 Trailer

Dan has posted it on the main site, and it's been floating around the net for a few hours now; a new and more explosive trailer for Day 7.

To me it does like as if they've merged the trailer for Redemption and Day 7 given teh bits of info that are floating around for now, but who knows anything. Highlights for me where Chloe's throwaway line and Jack interrogating Tony. Also it looks like they've upped the action significantly, but then again we thought that about Day 6...

I'm still quite excited.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#2 2008-10-30 14:24:42

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: New S7 Trailer

JACK'S INTERROGATING TONY?! fuck fuck fuck... oh sorry, I just screamed. my neighbors must have thought I was being murdered. sorry about my F words, I'm screaming. still.

edit
ok i watched it. of course, what else could I have expected from the scenario of tony being evil. this had to happen.... fuck. sorry again.... ok, state of mind description. i'm almost shaking, there's total excitement in my stomach, there's a huge grin on my lips and there's a fear and adrenaline running through my veins that is making me start to sweat right now. I'm afraid for tony, and I'm totally excited at seeing carlos and kiefer in scenes together again. I want to see this. I'm afraid of the results. and I've preordered my copy of the movie... and I'm feeling a bit like a traitor to tony. oh damn, this is just too complex to describe.

2nd edit: of course, the unavoidable line from jack, "..or I will kill you and this time you'll STAY dead." as much as I believe him, I'm starting to cling onto hope again that the words he speaks will just be the words he speaks and that it won't really happen. then again, they've been known to fool us before... oh by almeida, i just want this wait to end. help!

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2008-10-30 21:34:30

Nero

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet since my comp/internet connection doesn't like youtube. Looking for a copy I don't have to stream so I Can watch it, when I find one I'll post my thoughts.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#4 2008-10-31 07:01:18

hardy24
Administrator
Website

For me the trailer is a very exciting, very glossy trailer, that does in all honestly make me want to see Series 7, although I have to admit to watching it from a little distance. I didn't feel the the rush of "OMG I need to watch it again" when I saw trailers like the first series 2 trailer.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2008-10-31 15:24:25

J_A
Administrator
Website

glossy it is. exciting it is. I mean, I ordered the DVD, despite myself. that counts for something... I'm really just afraid. and at the same time I can't wait ...

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2008-10-31 21:59:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

glossy it is. exciting it is. I mean, I ordered the DVD, despite myself. that counts for something... I'm really just afraid. and at the same time I can't wait ...

It's been so long since the end of Season 6, and there's been so much talk about various different things, Season 7 has stopped and started production atleast 3 times I think, depending on how you count, i've seen 3 different trailers for it, but new episodes are still one, two, three months away, new episodes seem like a mirage, so I'm not getting exciting until i'm actually at the watering hole.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#7 2008-10-31 23:10:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

It's been so long since the end of Season 6, and there's been so much talk about various different things, Season 7 has stopped and started production atleast 3 times I think, depending on how you count, i've seen 3 different trailers for it, but new episodes are still one, two, three months away, new episodes seem like a mirage, so I'm not getting exciting until i'm actually at the watering hole.

I do know where you're coming from, and dan, you know me, you know how I've been feeling about this all this time... and I of all people least expected to get excited but... miracles do happen. apparently. ... I think it was the sheer joy of seeing carlos & kiefer on screen together, but that's all i have for now... and mind you, WE won't get any new eps till Almeida-knows-when... I'll have to find myself another way to see them...

tony.jpg

#8 2008-11-01 00:36:04

Nero

I checked out the trailer due to the truely amazing skills of J_A who got around the limits of my dial up tongue

I think the trailer looks amazing. The Tony/Jack scenes at the end look really good, especially the line he says as he throws tony against the wall, I couldn't help but suppress a grin and a huge jolt of excitement! Chloe's awesome "No, I'm a stay at home mum!" Made me laugh. The music for the trailer was kick ass as well. I'm even more interested in seeing how the season pans out now!

I'm a little concerned that Tony is only being brought back to be killed off again, and by what we've been given in the trailer it certain looks that way. Unless he's deep undercover and jack is helping him with his deep undercover by pretending to hurt him? That seems like a stretch though. I'm just hoping Tony is undercover and he isn't going to be killed again.

All in all though, the trailer looks excellent! Can't wait for the new season.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#9 2008-11-01 09:43:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

..... you know I share those fears... on the other hand though, the more they push this whole 'tony's bad' thing, the more I hope - not necessarily believe - that it's a hoax. then again, from the writing POV, it would be predictable to have him undercover cause that's what most of us decent people want him to be. still, I'm having a hard time truly believing that tony would hurt innocents. unless he's been brainwashed...

two quotes that hopefully may maen something,

Jack's "...or I swear to god I will kill you and thsi gime you'll STAY dead." he won't be the one to kill him, not unless tony pulls a gun at jack first.

Tony's "I just want you to see what we can do."  - makes me think that while he's threatening to crash those planes into each other, he won't actually do it. this is a ploy to get the government or whoever to do something but without actually going through with it. then again, if he doesn't go through with it the next time, the bad guys will feel betrayed and they EILL kill him.

if all of this is just a bunch of red herrings and Tony does die - which I do agree is unfortunately probably inevitable - then they're the worst bunch of show producers I've ever seen. really why raise someone from the DEAD just to kill him again... unless of coures, they think they're going to give us the "propoer way to kill off a character like tony - by jack's hand."

ugh

tony.jpg

#10 2008-11-10 19:08:37

24nut
Website

i hope they dont pull, the whole, "lets raise him from the dead, keep him alive through most of the season and then kill him off in a really bad way, only to bring him back as a bad guy and then get Jack to kill him"

Lets hope they dont do that.

Anyways, back on topic, i liked the trailer, definatly getting the groove back on, cant wait for season 7, its been so long, ive missed 24.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

Board footer