24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-16 06:22:46

Nero

Who Was Your Favourite 24 Villain? (Season 3 and 4)

For me this one would have to be Stephen Saunders, he was amazing, the best villain ever IMO. I loved Amador as well though, and Mandy as always.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#2 2007-04-16 06:29:43

24nut
Website

Re: Who Was Your Favourite 24 Villain? (Season 3 and 4)

Stephen Saunders for me, i just loved how he was someone very close to Jack and he also had a british accent, which gave him some extra points tongue

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2007-04-16 07:21:50

Nero

Yeah the accent diffently gave him bonus points! Everything about him screamed confidence and smugness, and it was just perfect.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

#4 2007-04-16 12:57:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

Saunders without a doubt. for all the points mentioned above, plus that he was just pure evil. and of course, what he did to tony and michelle! I suppose we're masochists to love him for what he did to our favorite character, but oh well. where would the story have gone to if they hadn't put tony in prison? I suppose they would have killed him in s3 in that case.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-04-16 18:05:39

M F Luder

jack_addict wrote:

Saunders without a doubt. for all the points mentioned above, plus that he was just pure evil. and of course, what he did to tony and michelle! I suppose we're masochists to love him for what he did to our favorite character, but oh well. where would the story have gone to if they hadn't put tony in prison? I suppose they would have killed him in s3 in that case.

Saunders, without a doubt. As J_A said, pure evil, no remorse whatsoever. But even he had a weak spot. I don't exactly love him for what he put Tony and Michelle through, but yes, it was very *krhm* persuasive wink.

And, J_A *gasp*. You of all people yikes hmm. How can you even suggest that! It's blasphemy. *Sticks fingers into ears* I'm not listening!!

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#6 2007-04-16 20:09:37

Nero

Yes, he did have his weak spot, though if CTU hadn't had Jane, then I'm pretty sure they would have been screwed.

Formerly neromaguire

#7 2007-04-16 21:05:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

M F Luder wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

Saunders, without a doubt. As J_A said, pure evil, no remorse whatsoever. But even he had a weak spot. I don't exactly love him for what he put Tony and Michelle through, but yes, it was very *krhm* persuasive wink.

And, J_A *gasp*. You of all people yikes hmm. How can you even suggest that! It's blasphemy. *Sticks fingers into ears* I'm not listening!!

lol. sooooooooooooorry tongue. I'll go sit in the corner and repeat "Almeida is god" 24 times in a row, ok? wink really though, think about it. even carlos wouldn't have played along in season 4 if tony had still been at CTU. I was just following the deity's opinion tongue

It's not that I "love" Saunders, but you know what I mean! villains are the kind you love to hate - and he's perfect for that.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#8 2007-04-20 10:48:02

smitten

Mandy is still my favourite.

'Fraid, being British, I just don't see what the turn-on is with a 'British accent' (whatever that is), but at least this explains to me why the baddies in so many American programmes are English. Nothing wrong with Saunders, I just don't see what he had over all the others.

#9 2007-04-20 13:19:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

Mandy is still my favourite.

'Fraid, being British, I just don't see what the turn-on is with a 'British accent' (whatever that is), but at least this explains to me why the baddies in so many American programmes are English. Nothing wrong with Saunders, I just don't see what he had over all the others.

I think what saunders had was that viewers could imagine him working along side Jack, he could so easily have fitted into the CTU world, and yet he played convincingly that he believed what he was doing was right. And this might sound strange, but it's the closest on the show I've come to wanting him to succeed, by which I mean his end goals all made perfect sense, that really "america should be forced to retreat within it's own borders", obviously how he was trying to get that to happen was wrong but still.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#10 2007-04-20 14:55:44

smitten

hardy24 wrote:

I think what saunders had was that viewers could imagine him working along side Jack, he could so easily have fitted into the CTU world, and yet he played convincingly that he believed what he was doing was right. And this might sound strange, but it's the closest on the show I've come to wanting him to succeed, by which I mean his end goals all made perfect sense, that really "america should be forced to retreat within it's own borders", obviously how he was trying to get that to happen was wrong but still.

Ah, yes, I can actually see it like that now. All goes into making him a more complex character. In fact I think he says something to Jack which turns out to be quite prophetic... I won't elaborate here.

#11 2007-04-20 17:31:11

hardy24
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

In fact I think he says something to Jack which turns out to be quite prophetic... I won't elaborate here.

Yes, I know what you mean, Yes that is one of my favourite quotes.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#12 2007-04-20 19:09:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

'Fraid, being British, I just don't see what the turn-on is with a 'British accent' (whatever that is)

lol. actually I did read in a book about writing that ppl who speak a dialect/accent don't hear their own dialect/accent. thanks for confirming that wink big_smile

I think I can imagine what prophetic phrase you two have in mind, does it have "as you'll be someday" in it? I really loved Saunders, and I can see dan's point too. his means, but not necessarily his goals, were crazy and villainish

tony.jpg

#13 2007-04-23 11:08:39

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

actually I did read in a book about writing that ppl who speak a dialect/accent don't hear their own dialect/accent. thanks for confirming that wink big_smile

I have a Scottish accent, which is as different from Saunder's as it is from your own. smile I just have to chuckle when 'British' accent=Oxford accent, or when the villain in the American film is, once again, English. Bierko's accent is a case in point (I think the same actor was the baddie in a Die Hard film?). At least now I know that American audiences get a kick out of this.

If there was a Scot, he would need to be a drunken wife-beater. We all need our stereotypes.

#14 2007-04-23 18:35:43

M F Luder

It has nothing to do with the accent, at least to mean. It's that extremely ruthless feeling you get from him. Shooting Osterlind and every other thing he had carried out shows it quite well.

As far his voice, he sounds just like one of my teachers at the uni, down to a t. So now, every time I hear him speak, it gives me shudders.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#15 2007-04-23 18:38:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

actually I did read in a book about writing that ppl who speak a dialect/accent don't hear their own dialect/accent. thanks for confirming that wink big_smile

I have a Scottish accent, which is as different from Saunder's as it is from your own. smile I just have to chuckle when 'British' accent=Oxford accent, or when the villain in the American film is, once again, English. Bierko's accent is a case in point (I think the same actor was the baddie in a Die Hard film?). At least now I know that American audiences get a kick out of this.

If there was a Scot, he would need to be a drunken wife-beater. We all need our stereotypes.

yeah you're probably right.
and now I get what you meant, there is no "british" accent as such, of course, there are many. gotcha now smile

tony.jpg

#16 2008-02-16 15:49:53

Past Present Fortune

Come on people... is there even any contest... it is with no doubt Nina Myers, I can't believe that so many people said different.

#17 2008-08-18 03:57:48

24roxmysox3

I really like mandy because of what she did to tony sad.  It was totally villian-like, you know? who can rip away a man that just fell back in love, (even tho she didn't know that). It's just cruel, u know? It made me sad, also sad when michelle thought tony had blown up and totally freaked out!  great acting by reiko! classic...

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#18 2008-08-24 16:50:45

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah poor michelle looked like she was going to kill herself when she was sitting in the car...
still, it has to be saunders for me... cause with everything that mandy did to tony, well, saunders did it first. mandy was basically just there to turn the tables on tony and michelle.

tony.jpg

#19 2008-08-24 19:29:55

24roxmysox3

good point...Saunders was VERY EVIL. Very good villain.  pretty much anyone that hurts michelle or tony is a good villian...lol

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#20 2008-08-24 19:36:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

lol. why is it that we love tony and michelle but we also love seeing them in trouble?! lol.

(btw, if you do like them getting into trouble, I got a treat for you, if you read fanfics. shameless plug here. lol)

tony.jpg

#21 2008-08-24 19:52:12

24roxmysox3

i know, well i think that it's because we like them that we like to see them get into trouble, (that is, unless the die.)  But i think it makes them a stronger character if they go through struggles, you know?  Just my thoughts... smile

#22 2008-08-24 19:58:29

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah that's exactly what it is, growth through pain smile. and we like to suffer with them, as long as they get out.....

tony.jpg

#23 2008-08-24 20:05:57

24roxmysox3

yes, as long as they get out... sad  I think growth through pain is a reaccuring thing in 24.  I also love how in every season Jack does something against CTU's orders an then CTU goes looking for him.  And then he always ends up being right about whatever it was. lol.  I think its funny.

#24 2008-08-24 20:08:55

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah well, it does get old in the end, you know. you'd think CTU would learn at some point. but they never do! lol

tony.jpg

#25 2008-08-24 20:12:53

24roxmysox3

You would think... I mean, these people at CTU are like the smartest of the smart and yet they REFUSE to let Jack just do his own thing...it makes me laugh... lol

Board footer