24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-02-27 12:11:53

deadmanmoz

Re: Think of ways to boost activity on these forums

I'm going to America on 28th May for 90 days.
cant wait.
Spending a week in the Bahamas too.

Anyone heard from Nero or Aaron?

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#27 2008-04-19 20:47:29

Minerva

Past Present Fortune wrote:

I am really enjoying myself on these forums but I really do wish that they were more active, is there any way that we could make these forums more active?

Please leave any suggestions and/or plans that you may have here.

Well.. this is just an idea... ( and I' did not read all the threads of this topic)  but maybe you could open a thread where everyone can speak of almost everithing...like the off topic section.. but all in a thread...like a chat you know;) ...maybe in this way users can know a little better each other...

#28 2008-04-22 09:09:05

Past Present Fortune

Minerva wrote:

I am really enjoying myself on these forums but I really do wish that they were more active, is there any way that we could make these forums more active?

Please leave any suggestions and/or plans that you may have here.

Well.. this is just an idea... ( and I' did not read all the threads of this topic)  but maybe you could open a thread where everyone can speak of almost everithing...like the off topic section.. but all in a thread...like a chat you know;) ...maybe in this way users can know a little better each other...

That's a great idea... but I believe that if these forums were to have a real time chat system like I have seen on some other websites that would be far superior to the chat thread... can someone look into this please, to see if it's possible.

#29 2008-08-20 03:36:11

24roxmysox3

jack_addict wrote:

that's good to hear. smile

I noticed that nearly after every post that I make it's always either you or hardy24 replying to me, I really hope more people like you 2 join these forums, I really want these forums to kick off.

I ain't leavin' either so I'll be posting almost everyday, so i hope ya'll stay kuz i'm here! lol

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#30 2008-08-22 15:03:19

J_A
Administrator
Website

24roxmysox3 wrote:

I ain't leavin' either so I'll be posting almost everyday, so i hope ya'll stay 'cause i'm here! lol

well, dan and I are administrators, so we ain't going anywhere, someone has to keep an eye on the forums wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#31 2008-08-23 03:06:43

24roxmysox3

lol i totally get it!  I totally love the idea of having a site that is like all about 24 cuz its like my favorite show ever so i'll be on a lot...mainly every day!

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#32 2008-08-24 16:48:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

good, and I see you've figured out your signature, too smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#33 2008-08-24 17:12:02

Steveb

jack_addict wrote:
24roxmysox3 wrote:

I ain't leavin' either so I'll be posting almost everyday, so i hope ya'll stay 'cause i'm here! lol

well, dan and I are administrators, so we ain't going anywhere, someone has to keep an eye on the forums wink

*Cough*

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#34 2008-08-24 17:17:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:
jack_addict wrote:
24roxmysox3 wrote:

*Cough*

and stevie the mod from the Isle isn't going anywhere either! big_smile
see, I always know how to make you guys include yourselves in a discussion! lol

indeed, you've been here more lately, i do like that, and appreciate it!

(btw, that comment up there about dan and myself, it was cause PPF had commented that it's almost always me or dan replying, so no harm intended wink)

tony.jpg

#35 2008-08-24 17:40:51

Steveb

I've had a bit more free time recently, hence being able to get on the board more often. And even when I'm not talking I do check in as much as I can. smile PLus the board has got a bit busier recently so it's more enjoyable to talk to people.

Actually, I think that part of the reason the board has survived through the quiet times, is that unlike Jina's board, Dan (and you and I) has continued to post consistently so while the creators and managers are still interested it encourages everyone to post.

Morally of the story, let us keep a-talking smile

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#36 2008-08-24 18:28:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah, I think you're right. and it's always been dan's idea, I believe, that this place would live as long as the core of us was still interested and had something to say. so... hey, we NEVER run out of words, now, do we? big_smile

tony.jpg

#37 2008-08-24 18:43:41

Steveb

Nope although I think sometimes my housemates wish I would.

#38 2008-08-24 18:47:30

J_A
Administrator
Website

LOL!

hey, the next time I'm up there in England we have GOT to meet! and I mean it!

I'm still kinda gutted we didn't make it the last time around, I was quite close, but oh well, Petal was a bit of a busy girl.

I really think we should all meet in London, possibly some time in December. I feel the strong urge to revive the 24 fans meet and greet idea big_smile

tony.jpg

#39 2008-08-24 19:40:57

24roxmysox3

That's cool that you all are gonna meet somewhere!!!!!  So yeah, i'll be sticking around for A LONG TIME so hopefully i get to talk to you all more often, cause i get on here a ton...(oh, i did find out how to do the signature and the avatar.  LOVE IT!!!) thanks!

Last edited by jack_addict (2008-08-24 20:00:30)

#40 2008-08-24 20:03:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

sorry, i edited your post. it's just that we try to spell in a non-text speak here and some of us have real allergies against "u" "kuz" and the like... there's enough chopping the language going on outside this forum wink

where are you? also in england? if the meeting does take place, everyone will be welcome smile

tony.jpg

#41 2008-08-24 20:09:12

24roxmysox3

Oh yeah thats fine i'll stick to that rule.  SORRY didn't know!  Anyways, no i'm in Arizona, in America, where i live!  I think it's cool that i get to talk to people from all around the world!  That's super cool.  But yeah, i'm in america!

#42 2008-08-24 20:48:51

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah thanks. I hate sounding like language police, but... it's just easier for everyone to read wink

now, Arizona, huh? instantly makes me think of Phoenix and Alice Cooper (who happens to be my newest addiction!) do you live anywhere near phoenix? I've been there once a long time ago.

tony.jpg

#43 2008-08-24 22:17:46

24roxmysox3

I actually live like 5 minutes from phoenix, in a city called chandler.  I used to live in Phoenix though, HUGE city, almost like LA.  But Chandler's pretty big to, so i like it.

#44 2008-08-25 08:02:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

hehe. cool. it gets pretty hot there! I believe we were there in summer, july or so, if I'm not mistaken. we stayed in a big nice hotel (resort?) in the middle of the desert. lol. but it had everything, including a big pool and stuff. the good thing about AZ is that while it does get hot, the humidity isn't high. whereas here... we get like 80-100% humidity and then the heat is very hard to take.

well, time to head to the city now. be back later smile

tony.jpg

#45 2008-08-27 04:14:53

24roxmysox3

oh my gosh, july here is SO HOT!  And you are 100% right, there is not humidity here.  actually lately there has been because of rain, but in july and june and usually most of august it is quite dry here.  But i love it!

#46 2008-08-27 12:00:47

Steveb

I'd love a hot July, we haven't had one of those in ages. Actually it wasn't too bad this year, but I was constantly at work so missed most of it. August however, has been rubbish.

#47 2008-08-27 14:41:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

actually, everyone here compares each summer with a record hot summer we had in 2003, so no-one is ever really happy with the summer as it is. but the meteorologists say that having an unstable, rainy summer is the normal thing here and we should stop bitching about it. lol.

well, me, I'm heading down to tunesia on monday! looking forward to some sun and beachtime and hopefully, no rain! hehe.

going out now. training time big_smile

tony.jpg

#48 2008-09-01 13:29:49

24roxmysox3

hey anyone know when J_A is getting back?  I'm guessing she's already left, right?  Are you guys all ahead of my time?
Anyways, I love a hot July to because that means the pool is like bath water, but, like you guys, Augest has been terrible!

#49 2008-09-01 18:39:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I think J_A will be away for the week, she did tell me, but I'm not good at remembering those kind of details.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#50 2008-09-01 22:40:27

24roxmysox3

ok thanks

Board footer