24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-16 10:11:23

Steveb

The Clone Wars

Went to see this last night. Not entirely sure what I think of it. On paper it struck me as a great idea, but in practice it lacked something. The introduction of a padawan for Anakin wasn't a great idea as it left the majority of the story being controlled by two irritating pouting teenagers rather than just the one.

That said, some of the action sequences were excellent, particularly the wall battle- which I think succeeded as it was something that they would have been unable to do in live action but worked well in the CGI format.

I guess my biggest gripe with it was that the film was very obviously the opening gambit for the TV series they're doing which is why I think it was so heavily toned down and I can't help feeling that if they'd played it for adults it could've been so much more.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#2 2008-08-16 15:11:15

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: The Clone Wars

Really?, on paper it struck me as a terrible idea, story ideas apparently not good enough to make it into the prequels, animated in a way designed to appeal to the saturday morning cartoon crowd.

I don't get to the cinema all that often to really consider going to see this, and I still haven't bought a copy of episode 1 on dvd, so i doubt i'll ever see this.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2008-08-17 10:10:30

Steveb

Re: The Clone Wars

The story wouldn't really fit the prequels, but had it not be toned down for the live and kicking brigade it would have been a reasonable outing.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

Board footer