24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-25 20:59:17

Past Present Fortune

What's your favorite Pixar movie?

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite Pixar movie was as WALL-E has just recently been released (I haven't seen it yet so please, no spoilers).

Your choices thus far are:

Toy Story (1995)
A Bug's Life (1998)
Toy Story 2 (1999)
Monsters, Inc. (2001)
Finding Nemo (2003)
The Incredibles (2004)
Cars (2006)
Ratatouille (2007)
WALL-E (2008)

My favorite, although I'm a huge fan of all their movies, has to be A Bug's Life, I remember watching it as a child and loving it, whenever I watch it again it fills me with joy and I highly doubt any animated movie will ever beat A Bug's Life in my opinion.

So... what's your favorite Pixar movie?

#2 2008-07-26 10:39:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: What's your favorite Pixar movie?

Toy Story, the first, I know people say Toy Story 2 was better than 1, but for me, you can't actually beat the experience of the first Pixar film you see as a child at the cinema. I was only 8 at the time, and I was mesmerized.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2008-07-26 15:22:59

J_A
Administrator
Website

I'll out myself as a non-pixar watcher. I haven't watched cartoons since... I don't know when. now, i know, I know, these things aren't only for kids, but they just don't tickle me enough to spend my time and money on them. (plus, the idea of the whole movie theater being full with kids around me is a sure turnoff)

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2008-07-27 00:20:51

Steveb

Tough call. Every one of their films has impressed me in a different way. If I really have o pick one then I'll probably go for Finding Nemo just because I think the story and the imagery are stronger and work together better than in the other installments. That's not to say they don't mix together in the other pixar films, it's more that I think that Nemo is the best example.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2008-07-27 00:43:06

J_A
Administrator
Website

again, as a non-pixar watcher, i will ask a question: why do non-kids watch animated films?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2008-07-27 07:57:43

Steveb

I'd say because all the films are quite multi-layered. While the kids enjoy the bright colours and hyperactive characters, us adults can enjoy the intelligent plotting and knowing references to other films.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#7 2008-07-27 13:12:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

fair enough, thanks for the input smile

tony.jpg

#8 2008-07-30 17:59:03

Steveb

Wall-E has just usurped Finding Nemo for me. Normally any film I watch, I will at least somewhere find myself drifting slightly, this is the second film in a week, where I've been enraptured from start to finish. The first, was obviously The Dark Knight.

Board footer