international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#126 2008-04-16 14:29:16

Minerva

Re: Introduce Yourself

jack_addict wrote:
Minerva wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

sure, i'll help you translate if necessary.

capisci? wink

sure ! I got it!:cool:  ..........I can actually understand english! unbelievable!:lol:

LOL, now this wasn't fair. you cut the "capisci" out of context! lol the first sentence was directed at you but the last word at dan! you put it together like this and it makes me look like an idiot. lol LMAO.

hahaha! ups! it was italian...so I thought...sorry....I misunderstood!:lol:

guys I passed my latin test!!! I'm so happy! ...:D:cool:

#127 2008-04-19 17:51:44

Past Present Fortune

I'm not hating on the thread or anything but doesn't this supposed to be a place to introduce yourself not to chat... lol.

I'm just saying...

#128 2008-05-14 06:43:13

bauerpowerhour

Hi, my name is Jono Decker. I'm a master's student studying family therapy. Though I live in Alabama right now, I'm from Arizona, and did my undergrad in Utah, where, among other things, I worked on Alan Seawright's CTU PROVO. Anyway, I'm lovin' the site!

Last edited by bauerpowerhour (2008-05-15 04:28:02)

Jack Bauer once forgot where he left his car keys. He spent the next 30 minutes torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

#129 2008-05-14 07:21:06

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hi Jono, are we gonna get the whole cast and crew of Provo over here eventually?, becuase would be awesome.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#130 2008-05-14 07:30:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Hi Jono, are we gonna get the whole cast and crew of Provo over here eventually?, because would be awesome.

I second that smile

hey, how about reviving a roleplay game?? big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#131 2008-05-14 07:33:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

Really J_A? a roleplay game?, lets be honest, those things always suck.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#132 2008-05-14 09:36:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

Really J_A? a roleplay game?, lets be honest, those things always suck.

yeah you're right. plus no-one stays on long enough except me and MFL tongue. I'll stick to my writing then.

in my defence, now it's my own brain that's melting... top floor at uni.. our lab is at a minimum of 28°C and we got to wear a long sleeve lab coat... (and no, i'm not asking for sympathy wink)

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#133 2008-05-15 04:29:28

bauerpowerhour

I would love nothing more than to pay you guys a visit! If I only had the cash. Sigh.

Hey, what role play game are we talking about (or do I not want to know)?

Jack Bauer once forgot where he left his car keys. He spent the next 30 minutes torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

#134 2008-05-15 20:37:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

bauerpowerhour wrote:

hmm, in the old days of 24 fan forums, there has been this idea of role-playing 24 style. person A would take Jack's character, person B Tony's etc etc, and then you'd kinda make up the story as you go along (kinda like what the writers have been doing with the show... lol) and kinda play a 24 season.

my review of roleplaying on the forums:

the idea is in itself good, and *could* potentially be fun

downsides:

people not taking it seriously enough - OR people taking it TOO seriously
not enough people taking part OR people taking up a part and then never showing up again
usually a few people would be interested in the beginning, and then fewer and fewer people would stay until me and MF_luder would finish the whole thing - cause I didn't like giving up. lol.

a good consequence:

my desire for writing potential plots for 24 and hence my passion for "fanfictions" has grown out of this very roleplaying, and while there haven't been any notable attempts at roleplaying in... probably years, my writing has continued and matured and I'm now halfway into my 10th or 11th total 24 fanfic, and the 3rd (more-or-less)-novel-length 24 threat day big_smile

so there you go, there's your intel wink

tony.jpg

#135 2008-06-17 19:32:40

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:
bauerpowerhour wrote:

hmm, in the old days of 24 fan forums, there has been this idea of role-playing 24 style. person A would take Jack's character, person B Tony's etc etc, and then you'd kinda make up the story as you go along (kinda like what the writers have been doing with the show... lol) and kinda play a 24 season.

my review of roleplaying on the forums:

the idea is in itself good, and *could* potentially be fun

downsides:

people not taking it seriously enough - OR people taking it TOO seriously
not enough people taking part OR people taking up a part and then never showing up again
usually a few people would be interested in the beginning, and then fewer and fewer people would stay until me and MF_luder would finish the whole thing - cause I didn't like giving up. lol.

a good consequence:

my desire for writing potential plots for 24 and hence my passion for "fanfictions" has grown out of this very roleplaying, and while there haven't been any notable attempts at roleplaying in... probably years, my writing has continued and matured and I'm now halfway into my 10th or 11th total 24 fanfic, and the 3rd (more-or-less)-novel-length 24 threat day big_smile

so there you go, there's your intel wink

That's a great idea but there is simply too many problems with it for it ever to be possible.

#136 2008-06-17 21:57:52

J_A
Administrator
Website

Past Present Fortune wrote:

That's a great idea but there is simply too many problems with it for it ever to be possible.

uhm... not to be confrontational but...

a) it's already been decided that it wouldn't be done... so what's the point of your post?

and b) we HAVE done it in the past. and yes, it worked.

tony.jpg

#137 2008-07-08 19:52:59

SmartKIN

Hi, my real name is Mona, I'm 18 years old, nearly 19 and live in Austria. I just finished school and study nothing, well do nothing at all but want to travel a lot in the near future. I know 24 since season two aired in Austria but I love it since season 4, I think. My favourite characters are, well, Jack Bauer, Aaron Pierce and Hamri Al-Assad. I like Tony and Michell as well and Chloe too but not as much as the first three.
I still haven't seen all of season 6 but I'm working on it.

I don't know what else you would want to know about me, so I'm stopping here wink

#138 2008-08-18 03:09:23

24roxmysox3

yo hi everyone I'm like super new, so i'll introduce myself...
My nickname and username for everything is stt109, but i recently changed that and made it 24roxmysox3 because 24 TOTALLY rox my sox!!! 
I live in America, love to watch 24 and CSI, and i'm not in college yet...(I feel super young!)lol but yeah
My favorite character was Nina from season one, (while i was watching it) but then she went all evil on me and so now my favorite Character is Michelle!  I love her she's like my idol! (I also love tony!)
I like to read the Twilight series and am totally excited 4 the new movie which will be featuring Sarah Clarke, and as 24 fans i'm sure u all know who she plays...
I've only seen seasons 1-4 but am sooooooo excited to get 5 and 6, even though i've heard that they stink, and my fave season would have to be season 3 because michelle kicked butt in that one...
So yeah, hello to everyone i'm glad to be here!:)

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#139 2008-08-22 14:55:51

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey, welcome, welcome smile

I'm personally always glad when a tony / michelle fan comes along cause I'm one myself, despite my username which dates back from the days of season 1 of 24 wink.

I do have to tell you though, if you love tony and michelle, you actually may NOT want to see season 5... just a friendly word of warning... some of us actually try to pretend those seasons never happened, so if they haven't happened for you yet, you might want to consider skipping them. lol.

anyway, welcome to the board, and I do like your username big_smile. though it reminds me of roxette! the first band I became a fan of 20+ years ago! hehe.

happy posting

tony.jpg

#140 2008-08-23 01:49:50

24roxmysox3

jack_addict wrote:

hey, welcome, welcome smile

I'm personally always glad when a tony / michelle fan comes along cause I'm one myself, despite my username which dates back from the days of season 1 of 24 wink.

I do have to tell you though, if you love tony and michelle, you actually may NOT want to see season 5... just a friendly word of warning... some of us actually try to pretend those seasons never happened, so if they haven't happened for you yet, you might want to consider skipping them. lol.

happy posting

yeah, i've heard a lot of bad stuff happens with tony and michelle!!! whats up w/ all that?!?!?!  like completely ruins it!!!! anyway, i may skip it and go straight to season 6, but idk yet!lol  but i am HUGE fans of them!!!!! HUGE!!!!!  ok so yea

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#141 2008-08-23 01:55:39

24roxmysox3

hey how do i get a signature?

Last edited by 24roxmysox3 (2008-08-23 01:56:04)

#142 2008-08-23 10:11:27

J_A
Administrator
Website

I think I replied to that question in another thread, but here it is again. find the Profile button at the top of this page, and go to the Personality tab. there you can add the signature. smile

(and we have to stop discussing season 5 or 6 (or any other season) in this section, since it's not meant for that and might spoil someone)

tony.jpg

#143 2008-08-23 14:03:03

24roxmysox3

jack_addict wrote:

I think I replied to that question in another thread, but here it is again. find the Profile button at the top of this page, and go to the Personality tab. there you can add the signature. smile

(and we have to stop discussing season 5 or 6 (or any other season) in this section, since it's not meant for that and might spoil someone)

yeah sorry for asking again i found it right after i posted that one, and i won't descuss those seasons! Sorry!

#144 2008-09-04 17:52:57

hotpots

well I think this is the right place to introduce myself.....Im hotpots, also known as spud across forumland - thought Id say hello to you all,, nice friendly forum!
Im an avid fan after catching one episode of series 3..........I saw one episdoe and was compltely hooked.  I then spen the next few weekends purchasing 24 DVD box sets and watching a complete series each weekend, only pausing for absolute necessaries.....

nice to be here, and thank you for having me

#145 2008-09-08 23:35:06

J_A
Administrator
Website

hello and welcome smile

I just came back from a holiday, hence the belated reply wink. enjoy yourself!

tony.jpg

#146 2008-09-17 02:36:38

ChloeFan817

Hi my name is Matthew ive been hooked from the first episode also when my dad told me it sounded like a cool show. I live in florida and i hope to have a lot of fun on this site.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#147 2008-09-17 02:46:26

24roxmysox3

ChloeFan817 wrote:

Hi my name is Matthew ive been hooked from the first episode also when my dad told me it sounded like a cool show. I live in florida and i hope to have a lot of fun on this site.

sweet another person for the US!!!!!:D

#148 2008-09-17 03:04:32

ChloeFan817

hey your from us too thats cool what part

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#149 2008-09-17 03:05:55

24roxmysox3

AZ, used to live in Florida, though

#150 2008-09-17 03:07:36

ChloeFan817

oh wow cool hey can you open a thread in off topic section so we can talk tell me what you will call it

everleave.jpg

Board footer