24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-14 22:53:04

24nut
Website

What are you listening to?

So, this is a very popular topic on many forums and the old forum had so many pages of people showing what music rocks their socks, so i'll begin.

Nightrain - Guns N' Roses

edit, as this is about music, i thought it should go in this section, but as on the old forum it was in off topic discussion, so if you think it isn't suited here then please move. thanks

Last edited by 24nut (2007-04-14 22:54:07)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-04-14 23:50:54

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: What are you listening to?

Nut, this is fine, we felt as if Music discussion could and should go in with TV and movies.

What i've been listening to..

>> Any bob dylan I can get my hands on.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-15 09:56:25

24nut
Website

Bumblefoot - Rockstar for a day

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2007-04-15 12:02:18

Nero

Mono And World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer \ Mass Murder Refrain

A single piece of music divided into five sections going for 1 hour and 14 minutes tongue

It's amazing, fulling instrumental as Mono and WEG tend to be, it is mind blowing,  one of the most moving pieces of music I've ever heard. I'm not sure what I enjoy more, Mono's  stand alone work, or this album they did with WEG, both are brilliant. They are so melodic and the different contrasts that they use to establish the feel and pace of the music are laid out incredibly well.

Put simply, Mono are amazing tongue lol

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#5 2007-04-15 15:16:45

J_A
Administrator
Website

Richie Sambora - Stranger in this Town CD, right now, the song he recorded with Mr. Bluesman himself - Eric Clapton - and the song is called, fittingly, "Mr. Bluesman" cool

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2007-04-16 01:11:42

Nero

Mono - Human Highway

From their first full length album called Under The Pipal Tree. A beautiful piece of music that can stir such beauty and warmth into all that listen while at the same time managing to be haunting in some of the later movements.

Last edited by Nero (2007-04-16 01:12:27)

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

#7 2007-04-16 06:22:25

24nut
Website

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

#8 2007-04-16 06:25:26

Nero

Mono - The Flames Beyond The Cold Mountain

Off their latest album You Are There. One amazing track.

Formerly neromaguire

#9 2007-04-16 06:30:44

24nut
Website

Deftones - Hole In The Earth

from their latest album, which is very good.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-04-16 06:31:06)

#10 2007-04-16 07:18:17

Nero

Deftones - Kimdracula

Also from their lastest album Saturday Night Wrist, one of the best tracks of their monumental album! Seriously draws you in, both with Chino's hypnotic vocals and Stephen Carptern\Chino's excellent guitar playing. This song has one of my favourite guitar riffs of all time, simple, but beautiful.

Formerly neromaguire

#11 2007-04-16 13:00:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

the soundtrack from 24's first three seasons. smile

I haven't really listened to the 2nd soundtrack more than once, I probably should. lol

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#12 2007-04-16 13:53:48

24nut
Website

Nine Inch Nails - Survivalism

just bought the new album (year zero)

#13 2007-04-16 20:03:10

Nero

Gaslamp Quarter - The Lost Moment

My favourite band. Amazing. The song was orignally called The Stars Swallow Me Whole But was changed to The Lost Moment a few weeks later.

Formerly neromaguire

#14 2007-04-17 11:10:07

deadmanmoz

I've been listening to my favourited choice of 80's cheese recently:

Glory of Love- Peter Cetera
Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
Midnight Train - Journey
You're the best-Joe Esposito
Wash Away- Joe purdy

Also has anyone, karate kid fans in partic will like, neh, LOVE it, the "Sweep the Leg" song found on youtube?

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#15 2007-04-18 12:49:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

listening to www.hardrockin80s.com

I had listened to it a long time ago, and rediscovered it a few hours ago big_smile

tony.jpg

#16 2007-04-18 15:59:47

24nut
Website

jack_addict wrote:

I had listened to it a long time ago, and rediscovered it a few hours ago big_smile

cool site, 80's rock and metal, do they play guns n roses and metallica?

#17 2007-04-18 19:09:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

oh yes, they do cool. they play everything rock has seen. from bon jovi to iron maiden, alice cooper, def leppard, metallica, black sabbath, vixen, antrax, GNR and probably any other band you can think of! and the best thing is you can request tracks, it runs 24/7 and it has ABSOLUTELY NO commercials big_smile. music - good music - only! I highly recommend it to any rocker smile

tony.jpg

#18 2007-04-18 20:34:23

Nero

Mono - Yearning

From the You Are There album, great track.

P.S I have posted in the past couple of days because I've been having comp troubles, I'm up and running again now but I won't get a chance to do some decent posting until tonight.

Formerly neromaguire

#19 2007-04-18 20:45:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey mate, whenever you get a chance smile. we're glad to have you back anyway!

tony.jpg

#20 2007-04-18 22:05:45

24nut
Website

jack_addict wrote:
24nut wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

oh yes, they do cool. they play everything rock has seen. from bon jovi to iron maiden, alice cooper, def leppard, metallica, black sabbath, vixen, antrax, GNR and probably any other band you can think of! and the best thing is you can request tracks, it runs 24/7 and it has ABSOLUTELY NO commercials big_smile. music - good music - only! I highly recommend it to any rocker smile

sounds great, i'll be requesting some classic rock tunes then. cool

#21 2007-04-19 08:20:30

Nero

Thanks J_A big_smile

Mono - The Kidnapper Bell

Formerly neromaguire

#22 2007-04-19 18:19:45

24nut
Website

Metallica - Enter Sandman

^ A classic

#23 2007-04-22 01:22:53

Nero

Mono - 16.12

Formerly neromaguire

#24 2007-04-22 08:40:16

24nut
Website

Deftones - Rapture

#25 2007-04-28 13:12:53

J_A
Administrator
Website

Dry County - Bon Jovi.

The best song off the Keep The Faith CD

tony.jpg

Board footer