24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-02 16:38:27

deadmanmoz

Horror Movies

Howdy dudes,

As ive seen 3 horror movies recently i thought i'd start a thread about them:

Halloween: A good movie, i did enjoy it. I think Rob Zombie certainly did a good job in creating his own film. The fact it was from Michaels eyes instead of Laurie's was a nice touch. I felt the kid playing young Michael did a very good job in portraying the young maniac in the making. The main problem i had with it was the fact im a MASSIVE fan of the original and all the original films so i felt on a few occasions it kinda laughed at the original. I wont say why in case people havent seen it but a few things did annoy me. The distinct lack of the famous tune was rather upsetting too.
Overall a good film and NOT a remake, it is Rob Zombie's own film.

Saw IV: I have REALLY enjoyed the Saw franchise, they're not anything they arent, usually simple ish story, the occasional plot hole but overall fun and the traps are usually awesome and gory.
This film however not so good. Some of the traps were very good but it was alot more about "Testing" than anything else, thats all i'll say.
I found it confusing in parts, some bits were hard to follow as they didnt seem to make sense or link with the other saw films, the ending does help make sense to some bits but also fails to answer others and seem's alittle hurried and pointless.
They do need to stop the franchise now though, which i fear they wont do.

30 days of night: I REALLY enjoyed this film. There was something about the camera work and the use of dark filters that gave it a nice eerie feel. I thought both Melissa George and Josh hartnett acted very well in it and you cared about their characters. The vampires were very cool and you defo wouldnt wanna get in their way.
Some good killing but never any over violent parts as it was only a 15 rating. But it flowed pretty well, a efw minor plotholes but thats to be expected. I found out the answers to most of them by asking people who had read the graphic novel.

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#2 2008-02-16 15:54:38

Past Present Fortune

Re: Horror Movies

If you like horror movies I suggest that you watch "The Amityville Horror (2005)", it's a great horror movie.

#3 2008-04-20 16:15:55

Minerva

well I think that the best horror movie of all the times is "the silence of the lambs"

#4 2008-04-22 08:48:21

Steveb

I agree with you on 30 days of Night moz. Very taut story line and some surprisingly good acting for this type of film. The vampires were actually quite frightening and at no point did it drop into cheap jump n slash moments. One thought that did occur to me was that the vampires in it would have served better as the monsters in I am Legend, which would have been fantastic if not for the CGI monsters.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2008-04-22 09:01:29

Past Present Fortune

Minerva wrote:

well I think that the best horror movie of all the times is "the silence of the lambs"

Great movie but not the best in my opinion.

#6 2008-04-22 09:03:22

Past Present Fortune

Steveb wrote:

I agree with you on 30 days of Night moz. Very taut story line and some surprisingly good acting for this type of film. The vampires were actually quite frightening and at no point did it drop into cheap jump n slash moments. One thought that did occur to me was that the vampires in it would have served better as the monsters in I am Legend, which would have been fantastic if not for the CGI monsters.

I agree, 30 Days of Night is an amazing movie but you can't put down I am Legend simply because of the CGI characters... I am Legend is an amazing movie (I would say better then 30 Days of Night) and I also believe that it wouldn't have been as good if they were to use real people.

Board footer