24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-23 13:53:22

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Lost - Season Four

Topic to discuss the very latest episodes of Lost Season Four, currently thats episodes 4x04 - Eggtown - (Kate's episode).

Obviously lots of spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the latest episodes. You've been warned.

So to everyone whose seen these first four episodes. Thoughts?

For me they've all been pretty good, although Kate's episode, was probably the best so far.

My only criticism is that the cliffhangers have been so huge and so mind blowing, that there quite easily draw all the attention away from the meat of the episode, which so far have been jam packed full of interesting insights with just as much signifiance. (Jack's testamony for one)

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2008-02-23 15:10:43

Past Present Fortune

Re: Lost - Season Four

I've been a huge fan of the Lost series since the beginning but I must say I thought that it couldn't get worse then season 3 but I was wrong... season 4 has been the worst season of any television show I've ever seen and that's not an exaggeration.

The 3rd episode of the season was a decent episode but still nothing spectacular.

#3 2008-02-23 16:05:42

Steveb

Are we watching the same show? Season four has been incredible so far. Haven't watched Eggtown yet, but the first three episodes have set up some really interesting questions. Although, I know what you mean about the cliffhangers being too big.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2008-02-23 16:49:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I don't want to say too much until you've seen eggtown Steve, but it's a very clever episode which starts to slowly pull something from previous episodes together, so subtly that you don't actually notice it's happening half the time.

Overall I've got to say these first four episodes are defintely amongst the shows best.

#5 2008-02-24 11:10:30

Steveb

I have to say egtown is the weakest of this season so far, but that's possibly because I clocked the ending very early on and therefore the tension was lost. The new flash-forward format is proving very interesting. I'm asuming that eventually the different time zones will all come to a head, and we'll get our definitive (not!) answers.

BTW have you seen Cloverfield yet? If so what did you think?

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#6 2008-02-24 11:20:18

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hmm, I'm a little surprised to hear you say that. But never mind. I guess if you did see the ending coming it would lessen the tension.

I have to admit, I was guessing that she'd had Jack's kid.

By different time zones do you mean "the island" and "the boat"??. Then yeah, from next week's trailer it looks like events on the helicopter are heavily explored. I'm guessing we might also learn exactly what "the heading" away from the island is all about. The one myles warned the pilot to be sure to follow, and the one Ben gave Micheal all that while ago.

I'm just as curious to see exactly where all the flashforwards connect to each other. At the moment i'm guessing the flashforwards we've seen so far occur before Jack's from the end of last season. But that's just a guess.

#7 2008-02-24 14:01:35

Steveb

By timezones, I was referring to the flash-backs, flash-forwards and present day. My assumption is that the story lines in these three separate points will follow their own arcs etc and converge to reach the final episode.

#8 2008-02-24 14:46:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hmm, not sure about that, given the number of episodes left, i'd say we may find "flash forwards" and "present day" crossing as the "oceanic 6" get off the island, and the rest are left on the island for some reason.

#9 2008-02-27 12:15:28

deadmanmoz

Okay 1st off.
LOST ROCKS, just had to say that.

Series 4 has been amazing at the moment, although i agree with Steve, Eggtown was the weakest yet, i really dont like Kate and dont care about her character and basically she is really annoying me, the less of her we see the better.
Sayid, of course is always rocking, the man is a legend and his flashforward was AMAZING!!!

The new people seem kinda interesting as well, which is cool. Better than Nicki and Paulo anyway, which aint hard

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#10 2008-02-27 22:16:26

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hmm, I didn't realize some Lost fans felt so strongly "anti-Kate".

Sayid's episode was good, although I felt a bit disappointed when it turned on a sixpence at the end and anything we'd just saw was rendered meaningless to the overall plot. Kate's episode wasn't a fake out like that.

I think Nicki and Paulo where underrated, they weren't as bad as some people make out.

The new people do seem interesting, although I can't help but seem them as purely functional to the plot and will be discarded quickly when they've served there purpose.

#11 2008-02-28 15:01:59

deadmanmoz

It's just she is annoying, she always get caught, she always has to go everywhere, she always uses jack and sawyer and then get jealous of juliet or whoever.
Shes just irratating now, which is annoying as she never used to be.

I thought the whole Sayid episode was cool, he was a badass in it, which is always good tv and it's nice to know he gets off the island.
I think they could of done the whole "Ben" thing at the end better though, like he didnt talk, Sayid was talking to someone but we dont see who until the very very end and then thats it, bang, end of episode.
rather than him talking, we all immediatly said "Thats ben" kinda ruined it alittle.

You do have a point ref the new characters serving their purpose and then being gone.
I think that Dan guy might last though as he seems like he's onto something with the whole 30min delay from the ship to the island.

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#12 2008-02-28 16:40:45

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I can see your point about Kate I guess, I always see her as a character walking a bit of a tightrope, and sometimes the writers/actor don't get it right and she falls off.

Sayid episode felt like an episode of Alias, especcially the twist, and while there's nothing wrong with that of itself, but I didn't learn anything knew about Sayid, and when a characters episode doesn't tell you something about the character, there's something gone wrong. Again it felt as if they'd hijacked Sayid's character to tell one piece of plot information.

Yes, actually Dan might last. I think of the new characters, he's the best.

#13 2008-02-29 22:49:47

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay, just seen episode 5, "the constant", won't say much until I know other people have seen it, but it's my new favourite episode so far. It's Desmond's episode. Great episode, simply terrific.

Dan continues being the most interesting of the new characters.

#14 2008-02-29 23:06:26

Steveb

I've seen half of it before the damn streaming link packed up, but it was certainly building to be the strongest episode of this season so far. It's also actually starting to throw up so answers- or at least giving you all the pieces to make your own mind up.

Dan if you're interested go on to YouTube and check out the orientation video for station 6- the orchid. It kind of adds to what they've been building on in the last few episodes with regards time travel.

#15 2008-03-03 12:07:49

deadmanmoz

Wow, im tempted to say that is one of the best lost episodes to date, out of all the seasons not just this one.
Fantastically done i thought, Desmond was great and Sayid did his cool bit as always.
Very powerful stuff i thought.
Amazing, wow, yeah :-)

#16 2008-03-04 11:48:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

Wow, im tempted to say that is one of the best lost episodes to date, out of all the seasons not just this one.

It's certainly up there in the top 5 for me.

Fantastically done i thought, Desmond was great and Sayid did his cool bit as always.
Very powerful stuff i thought.
Amazing, wow, yeah :-)

My only hope is that it doesn't take long before we see more of Penny.

#17 2008-03-04 12:05:03

deadmanmoz

true.
we still dont know much about this artic research station she had at the end of season 2!!!

Her dad has a big role in something as well, i wonder if he's behind the freighter and thats why they were told not to answer calls from Penny

#18 2008-03-04 12:16:01

hardy24
Administrator
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

true.
we still dont know much about this artic research station she had at the end of season 2!!!

Yeah, although I'm guessing the point is she's simply been looking for Desmond and the Island for a while by any means.

Her dad has a big role in something as well, i wonder if he's behind the freighter and thats why they were told not to answer calls from Penny

Thats a decent bet, especcially given we see him buying that journal from the black rock at considerable expense.

#19 2008-03-09 11:23:41

Past Present Fortune

I just thought I would pop in to this thread and say that Lost season 4 is really starting to pick up now, especially episode 5, that was an awesome episode.

#20 2008-03-09 12:33:33

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, episode 5 was great. I think that episode sets a benchmark for future episodes. Episode 6 was also pretty good.

#21 2008-03-11 15:41:55

Steveb

Episode 6 was good, but it definitely had a filler element to it. Developing Widmore's involvement was good and the continuing references to the "man on the boat" are very interesting. I also liked the backstory for Juliet, even if it wasn't particularly special.

#22 2008-03-11 15:57:58

hardy24
Administrator
Website

No comment on the rest of episode 5 steve?

Also, do we think we're close to finding out who the man on the boat is?, and if so, which will happen first, actually seeing him on the boat?, or being told about him by Ben?

Another also, i've got a debate going with my house mate, clearly episode 6 was setting up a "war" between Ben and Widmore, and indeed both have some cautious support from different sections of the survivors, at the moment I find myself more on Widmore's side, that Ben's. For reasons no more complex than I trust Jack more than I trust Locke. Anyway, do you think Widmore and Ben are both as bad as each other, or is there one who will turn out to be a lot worse than the other?

#23 2008-03-11 16:10:02

deadmanmoz

Ep 6 was good although agreed the "Filler feel" was there in parts.
Wasnt too bothered by Juliets backstory, seemed alittle stupid, although ben saying "Coz you're mine" was eerie! The mans insane!!

I hate Kate even more, if thats possible, she yet again got knocked down, yet again stupidly and yet again had no reason to be there, i just wish she'd seen Jack kiss Juliet!

I did like Jack's response to Juliets warning about Ben though, he is cool.

To answer other questions, i think we will see Ben's man on the boat in the next episode, why? because it's the last episode before the break and will leave viewers talking about it. Also i think we'll see him before Ben mentions it.

And as for the Whitmore/Ben thing. I think Whitmore will end up being badder than Ben, he just has that edge about him and he certainly was hands on in beating that bloke down int he video footage we saw! Mean!

#24 2008-03-11 17:33:44

hardy24
Administrator
Website

On seeing the man on the boat next episode because it's the last before the break, actually we've got two more left before the break. They finished 8 episodes before the strike, and they where thinking of holding episode 8 back for the second half, but instead decided to show all 8 episodes, then take a break.

From the title of episode 8 "Meet Kevin Johnson", that suggest maybe that will be the reveal of the man on the boat and not episode 7.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying they do something cooler with the Whitmore/Ben thing than one evil devious man against another with pawns and innocents caught in the cross fire.

#25 2008-03-12 12:14:59

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

On seeing the man on the boat next episode because it's the last before the break, actually we've got two more left before the break. They finished 8 episodes before the strike, and they where thinking of holding episode 8 back for the second half, but instead decided to show all 8 episodes, then take a break.

From the title of episode 8 "Meet Kevin Johnson", that suggest maybe that will be the reveal of the man on the boat and not episode 7.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying they do something cooler with the Whitmore/Ben thing than one evil devious man against another with pawns and innocents caught in the cross fire.

That would be awesome.

Board footer