24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-01 13:01:44

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Character Banner Poll On Main Site!

Well it's all in the title really, just wanted to draw peoples attention to the poll currently up on the main site. Which will decide which character gets the third "character banner".

And yes, while it was previously decided in a poll here, the input was actually kind of non existant. So i've decided that theses polls will now be on the main page, there will be a new poll of this kind every 3 months roughly (One just before a new season starts, one just after a season finishes, then two sometime in the hiatus)

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-12-10 10:45:43

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Character Banner Poll On Main Site!

Okay, so it's time to have a fourth character banner in the rotation up top. The poll asking who it should be is on the main site. The ten possibles are.

Kim Bauer
Bill Buchanan
Michelle Dessler
Curtis Manning
Mike Novick
Chloe O'Brian
Sherry Palmer
Wayne Palmer
Aaron Pierce
Audrey Raines

Aaron Pierce is the new addition to that list.

#3 2007-12-10 21:32:16

24nut
Website

voted wink

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2007-12-11 09:57:37

hardy24
Administrator
Website

who for?

#5 2007-12-11 18:23:47

J_A
Administrator
Website

voted.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2007-12-12 10:07:51

Steveb

I voted for Kim, but it was another one where I could have gone for several characters.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#7 2007-12-12 17:33:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I voted for Chloe, although you right, it's a very tough choice to only pick one.

I am slightly pleasantly surprised that after Chloe, currently in second is Aaron Pierce, who is new to the list of possibles.

#8 2007-12-14 19:27:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

i'm not surprised at these, cause they're both worthy characters. what I do think though is that michelle  will never get her character banner cause you're doing these polls now that she's been dead for 2 seasons and it is quite possible that the people voting don't even remember her. therefore, I am grateful that tony hasn't had to go through this "qualifying" round cause it goes without saying and it is without doubt that Jack, Tony, David - and in my book also Michelle - deserve a spot on the banner. in my opinion, then, michelle shouldn't have had to go through the qualifying round either, she should have just gotten hers. but it's your call, of course.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#9 2007-12-14 19:37:30

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Hmm, I do see your point, although Tony did go through some form of democratic vote, albeit just regular forum members and it was less structured.

Your right though, looking back on it I do wish I had the setup I do now from series 1, and started with a Jack banner then did votes like this every 5 - 6 months. I guess then Michelle would have won her's during series 3 probably.

Your point about people not remembering who Michelle is are backed up by Sherry Palmer not having received a single vote in either this poll or the last.

For the record the current running:

Chloe : 25%
Aaron Pierce : 20%
Bill Buchanan : 13%
Kim Bauer : 12%
Michelle Dessler : 11%
Curtis, Mike Novick, Wayne Palmer, Audrey Raines : All 5%
Sherry Palmer : 0%

#10 2007-12-16 23:19:46

J_A
Administrator
Website

see that's what I mean. sad

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying people like bill or chloe don't deserve one, but I wish you'd exercise your admin powers and make one for michelle nonetheless between the current poll and the next. after all, she was part of the team that defined 24 smile. I'm asking from friend to friend, fan to fan, admin to admin, writer to writer wink. btw, I've just posted the final two chapters of my newest novel, I have to call it novel - or what do you call a 25 chapter, almost 120 thousand words strong work of fanfiction that has taken 2 years to write....

tony.jpg

#11 2007-12-17 01:41:09

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

see that's what I mean. sad

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying people like bill or chloe don't deserve one, but I wish you'd exercise your admin powers and make one for michelle nonetheless between the current poll and the next. after all, she was part of the team that defined 24 smile. I'm asking from friend to friend, fan to fan, admin to admin, writer to writer wink.

Ah, like so many scenes gone by, an impassioned plea for the rules to be bent. I'll think about it.

btw, I've just posted the final two chapters of my newest novel, I have to call it novel - or what do you call a 25 chapter, almost 120 thousand words strong work of fanfiction that has taken 2 years to write....

An obsession? Where is it up at?. I have been promising myself that i'll finish nightfall one of these days, but I think in it's current format it's unmanageable, I think perhaps I may instead of sticking to the "24 hours, 24 chapters" thing, I may do collections of "select important scenes" which still tell the story I was planning on telling, but not in the level of detail which has brought the thing to a halt for two years now.

#12 2007-12-17 14:26:01

smitten

For what it's worth, I had to think long and hard before choosing between Chloe and Michelle this time. I did vote for Chloe, and I'm glad to see her and Aaron do so well, but I also want to be reminded of Michelle in her sweet little leather jacket, kicking *ss in the hotel!

#13 2007-12-17 19:21:39

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Ah, like so many scenes gone by, an impassioned plea for the rules to be bent. I'll think about it.

you'd be doing it for michelle, not for me wink. honor her like she deserves

An obsession? Where is it up at?.

yeah, I think that pretty much covers it wink. it's up on fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3267462/1/The_Aftermath

actually, to be honest, it's the 3rd part of a trilogy. a prequel, "I never wanted to hurt you", a 24-hour, 24-like action thriller drama format, "Faces from the Past" and "The Aftermath". together, they go over 54 chapters and 260'000 words and overall, took two years to write.

I just kept promising myself I'll finish it, even when my passion for 24 and writing 24-related fanfics  started to wane, and towards the end I really had to push myself to finish the thing. wasn't easy, but hey, here it is big_smile

I have been promising myself that i'll finish nightfall one of these days, but I think in it's current format it's unmanageable, I think perhaps I may instead of sticking to the "24 hours, 24 chapters" thing, I may do collections of "select important scenes" which still tell the story I was planning on telling, but not in the level of detail which has brought the thing to a halt for two years now.

I'd like to believe you'll finish it (and I'd like to see you do it) but I'm not sure if you will. but then again, don't they say hope dies last? wink

tony.jpg

#14 2007-12-18 21:24:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey, I just checked the votes today again and noticed that michelle has risen in the rankings?! she's now ranking one vote higher than kim and bill... and before you start thinking I've been tweaking the results, I haven't. I can't explain it either. i'm not sorry about it, of course, but it does seem relatively weird that it should rise so much within like 12, or 24 hours. for the record and future reference the votes now are

chloe 29
aaron 24
michelle 17
bill, kim 16
audrey 7
wayne 6
curtis, mike 4
sherry 1

so, it looks like someone has been reading this thread and they either actually want michelle to win this, or they want her to get a banner in general, or they don't want the rules to be bent so they're trying to prove that she's not been forgotten. of course, there's also the possibility of all this being a totally legit vote but I'm having a somewhat hard time believing it. are you?

one other indication someone might have been reading this thread is sherry getting that one vote. I wonder what they're trying to prove? that our ponderings above were wrong? I don't know.

tony.jpg

#15 2007-12-19 12:11:43

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah I just saw michelle in third place, and I'd say from that position maybe she could win the next vote, because i'd assume everyone would vote for the same person again, except those who voted for chloe (if she wins) and I reckon a large amount of her votes might transfer to Michelle.

#16 2007-12-19 20:59:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

so you're thinking this is a legitimate vote? that no-one has been voting from different computers and clearing cookies and all that? I'm really not so sure. as much as I'd like it to be true

tony.jpg

#17 2007-12-19 21:13:34

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I think it could be, there is ofcourse to way to tell, but given that it was simply a couple of votes which has just pushed her into third place, that then stopped.

This is the way it works, the first week the votes come quite fast, and the general picture is defined, then it slows to a trickle and you can small blocks of votes for different people come in at seemingly meaningful times that are simply random.

#18 2007-12-19 21:21:57

J_A
Administrator
Website

ok then. i suppose it remains to be hoped those trickling votes will come back the next time around. when are you thinking of putting a next round up?

tony.jpg

#19 2007-12-20 13:35:36

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Not sure, the delay of series 7 has kind of messed up my scheduling of these votes.

#20 2007-12-20 19:20:07

J_A
Administrator
Website

well, yeah. but it's messed up a lot more than that......

seriously, i'm starting to think of writing to fox. i think they should forget about the writers and let us fans handle things. i think our seventh season would be the best season ever wink!

tony.jpg

#21 2007-12-20 23:19:48

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah you might be right, in fact I think maybe there is something to occupy us there. Have a look for a new thread in the fan, games and art.

Board footer