24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-25 18:00:49

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Forgotten Character Poll - Ideas Needed!!!

Hi, so tomorrow i'm going to start running a new poll on the main site,

title "Which forgotten character would you most like to see return to the show? ala Milo last year"

I need suggestions for which characters should be options in the poll. The character must have appeared in no more than 8 episodes of the show previously, and appeared in no more than 2 different seasons, though ideally would have appeared in only 1. Dead or Alive

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-11-25 19:04:51

24nut
Website

Re: Forgotten Character Poll - Ideas Needed!!!

Lou Diamond Phillips - aka Mark DeSalvo - Season 1 (2 Episodes)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2007-11-25 23:23:26

Steveb

-The prison warden at the start of season three- I can't remember his name.
-Alberta Green
-Keith and Nicole Palmer (I know they appeared in more than eight episodes, but I'm intrigued.)
-Bob Warner (again I think he was in more than eight episodes.)
-Logan's Cheif of Staff- again I can't remember his name and I really should!

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I may well have some better ideas before the day is out.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2007-11-26 11:05:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay the poll is up, it was really hard drawing up a list because there are so many choices. Eventually I got it narrowed down a choice of 12.

Richard Walsh
Mandy
Alberta Green
Robert Ellis
Paula Schaeffer
Bob Warner
Yusuf Auda
Jonathan Wallace
Walt Cummings
Diane Huxley
Theo Stoller
Shari Rothenberg

Some brief info is up on the main site about them, which may help you make your choice. I've bent my rules slightly to get Mandy in, she was in 3 different series, although her only being in 7 episodes and haven't been seen since series 4 jusified it I think.

Although Mandy isn't actually my personal choice, my choice would be Theo Stoller, a nice rounded character who made quite an impact for 1 and a half episodes and who I always imagined had more story to offer the show.

#5 2007-11-26 14:02:06

smitten

Brilliant poll, only you forgot one:

All of the above

#6 2007-11-26 16:32:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

nice idea. was the reasoning behind it just personal wishes or actual feasibility though? since, obviously, aren't some of those dead? and I mean they were "we saw them die dead"... ok, given the current news i guess that means nothing really.
other than that, good choices. though to me, really it's agent baker - but he's on LOST so I think that's not an option, is it.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-11-26 18:47:17

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I made my choice based upon what you think they would contribute to the show, how much good drama would come from there return. So I guess that sits somewhere between personal wishes and actual feasibility, if you think for a character to return it would turn the episodes they appeared into a farce, then obviously that would count against that character.

On the feasibility, obviously recent events prove nothing is impossible for the show, but some characters are more "dead" than others. Richard Walsh for example, there was alot of hint and suggestion in his final scene, given that Jack immediately fled the scene and Jamey (a mole) was the one to call in his death, it would be entirely feasible for him to come back into the show.

#8 2007-11-26 20:44:01

J_A
Administrator
Website

maybe. though he did suffer multiple hits by the sniper. or at least that's what it looked like. he, apart from stoller, would be my personal choice, cause I always felt we didn't get enough of him. on the other hand, if you want drama, then stoller is the go-to guy, simply because, like someone commented, he and jack have unfinished business. now for him to come back as a revengeful guy would have been more credible than you know what but I won't go there again. as for mandy, I won't vote her because I think she's entirely likely to return like she has been over the past years. in fact, it seems like she, jack and mike are just about the only characters from s1 still alive. ok, there's kim, too. but then that's it, right?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#9 2007-11-26 23:32:41

Steveb

I have a shortlist of five that I'm struggling to round down to one. Think I may have to abstain until I've figured out which is the best one to pick.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#10 2007-11-27 12:46:58

J_A
Administrator
Website

just vote from 5 different computers wink

tony.jpg

#11 2007-11-27 17:03:18

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

Don't make me call in the UN election monitors!

#12 2007-11-27 19:15:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

Don't make me call in the UN election monitors!

sorry sad....

will clearing the cookies also make them come in ? roll

tony.jpg

#13 2007-11-28 11:16:01

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I guess a certain amount of good natured cheating is okay, it's just I'd prefer the overall vote be as reflective as possible.

So if you've got two choices you can't split, that might be okay, but if you've got one choice who is losing and you want them to win, that wouldn't be okay.

#14 2007-11-28 19:03:12

Steveb

Ok, I've ranked them- I think...

1. Theo Stoller - wins on the principal that he's still alive, although I think a return for him is unlikely now that Henry Ian Cusick is in LOST
2. Yusuf Auda - annoyingly underused other than as a replacement for Tony while he was having a love crisis with Michelle and Carrie, who incidentally was also never seen again.
3. Richard Walsh - if there were ever to be a prequel, which is probably never going to happen, it would be great to see him and Jack in action, particularly with Henderson and Myers as villains in the mix.
4. Mandy - Half of me wants to see more of her, but the other half thinks that she's had her day. I don't want them to bring her back and it be a half-arsed "ooh look she's escaped from custody and is going to do something terroristy!"
5. Bob Warner - I'd be intrigued to see it if they brought back the Man from Del Monte and developed his CIA connection. It could be a very interesting plot line, but they'd probably end up bringing Kate and Marie back and the barbie dolls have had their time.

#15 2007-11-28 22:39:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Ok, I've ranked them- I think...

1. Theo Stoller - wins on the principal that he's still alive, although I think a return for him is unlikely now that Henry Ian Cusick is in LOST

Perhaps, although given Lost is now going forward in shorter blocks of episodes it's not completely impossible, also given that the amount of screentime characters get in Lost goes up and down.

2. Yusuf Auda - annoyingly underused other than as a replacement for Tony while he was having a love crisis with Michelle and Carrie, who incidentally was also never seen again.

So much potential, not much else to say really.

3. Richard Walsh - if there were ever to be a prequel, which is probably never going to happen, it would be great to see him and Jack in action, particularly with Henderson and Myers as villains in the mix.
4. Mandy - Half of me wants to see more of her, but the other half thinks that she's had her day. I don't want them to bring her back and it be a half-arsed "ooh look she's escaped from custody and is going to do something terroristy!"

Also agree on these two, I think it would be hard to write a different storyline for Mandy, if this was Alias or something, then I would defintely count of her being back again sometime.

I'm waiting for episode where they jump around in the shows timeline, perhaps a one off series finale TV movie thing, where all the actual "scenes" are real time, but have jumps that aren't to bring Walsh back in.

5. Bob Warner - I'd be intrigued to see it if they brought back the Man from Del Monte and developed his CIA connection. It could be a very interesting plot line, but they'd probably end up bringing Kate and Marie back and the barbie dolls have had their time.

You know, I could see Bob Warner coming back for an episode, maybe two in one of those quite self enclosed but still brilliant storylines we get every once and a while, like Jack and Paul Raines undersiege in s4. No need for the barbie dolls, although it would perhaps be a time to shed some light on Jack and Kate's relationship.

#16 2007-12-04 22:13:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I guess a certain amount of good natured cheating is okay, it's just I'd prefer the overall vote be as reflective as possible.

So if you've got two choices you can't split, that might be okay, but if you've got one choice who is losing and you want them to win, that wouldn't be okay.

dan, just for the record, I did not vote again, was just kiddin wink

steve, some great points over there. so is it fair to assume you've voted for theo stoller?

tony.jpg

#17 2007-12-05 08:44:44

Steveb

No, I voted for Richard Walsh in the end. I decided I wanted to see the prequel idea more than the return of Stoller.

#18 2007-12-05 17:27:51

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

dan, just for the record, I did not vote again, was just kiddin wink

I assumed you wouldn't, but we all have the demons inside us, ever since Mandy pulled ahead i've had the urge to stuff the ballot box so Theo wins.

Steveb wrote:

No, I voted for Richard Walsh in the end. I decided I wanted to see the prequel idea more than the return of Stoller.

Interesting, I have an urge to see a prequel, but I can't decide if looking back would be good for the show right now, and if re-introducing a character like Stoller who could be a strong series regular in the future would be better for the show.

I'd be interested in comments on that.

Board footer