24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-09 23:29:10

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Episode 15

Official thread for discussing episode 15, which aired last night on Sky One in the U.K. and two weeks ago on Fox in the U.S.

Usual warnings if you haven't seen the episode yet.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-04-10 00:17:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Episode 15

If you need reminding of the episode, you can read an episode guide at http://24fans.com/?page_id=247 (as well as rate the episode out of ten)

#3 2007-04-14 22:44:54

24nut
Website

just finished watching it as i had to catch the repeat which was on about 45 minutes ago on sky one, i recorded the sunday airing but my damn sky box showed a personal reminder saying that 24 was on, but of course my dvd recorder recorded half 24, half blue box.

I thought this episode was good, i loved how Jack helped Brady and i thought it was pretty good to see Wayne back in action, i think 24 is starting to heat up again after a longer than usual mid season slump, but i have a feeling that its going to get good.

Also another episode without a single mention of Logan, hmmmm, seems like they are trying to suprise us with something, because we dont know if he is dead or alive.

ps. dan are you going to be creating a sky folder like on the old forum, so that we avoid spoilers?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2007-04-14 23:43:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

ps. dan are you going to be creating a sky folder like on the old forum, so that we avoid spoilers?

we (me, JA, steve and MFLuder a.k.a the moderating team) agreed after much discussion that we would start with just one current 24 forum because a) it seemed to be stifling discussion on the other board having s6 split into us and uk and b) the u.s. is only 2 episodes ahead of the u.k. and so we feel as if spoilers will be containable with the setup we have. But obviously there will be strict spoiler rules with that, so no spoilers in topic titles, as well as topic titles clearly stating if they will be discussing things at U.S. pace.

If spoilers become a problem, the situation will be reassesed.

#5 2007-04-15 09:52:20

24nut
Website

hardy24 wrote:
24nut wrote:

we (me, JA, steve and MFLuder a.k.a the moderating team) agreed after much discussion that we would start with just one current 24 forum because a) it seemed to be stifling discussion on the other board having s6 split into us and uk and b) the u.s. is only 2 episodes ahead of the u.k. and so we feel as if spoilers will be containable with the setup we have. But obviously there will be strict spoiler rules with that, so no spoilers in topic titles, as well as topic titles clearly stating if they will be discussing things at U.S. pace.

If spoilers become a problem, the situation will be reassesed.

cool, well that makes sense, im sure there will be better discussions now.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#6 2007-04-15 21:51:55

smitten

24nut wrote:

I thought this episode was good, i loved how Jack helped Brady

I thought it was so cool how Jack reads the situation with Mark and Brady *instantly* after shooting the guy in the leg, and then manipulates it to his advantage. To see Jack actually *smile* while reassuring Brady was brilliant. It was like his smiling muscles weren't quite sure what to do. Like when you first flex a muscle after 6 weeks in a plaster-cast. And those lines on Kiefer's face? I'm sure I didn't see them last time I saw him smile.

Smitten

#7 2007-04-15 21:58:58

hardy24
Administrator
Website

You see, I think he wasn't neccesarily manipulating the situation. or atleast manipulate is the wrong word. With Brady he is simply doing what he has to do inorder for Brady not to be a nervous wreck. I think Jack manipulating looks more like the situation in episode 22 of s2 with Jack, Sherry Palmer and the Techie named Alex, Alex he manipulated. Brady I think he coddled.

#8 2007-04-16 10:26:49

smitten

hardy24 wrote:

You see, I think he wasn't neccesarily manipulating the situation. or atleast manipulate is the wrong word. With Brady he is simply doing what he has to do inorder for Brady not to be a nervous wreck. I think Jack manipulating looks more like the situation in episode 22 of s2 with Jack, Sherry Palmer and the Techie named Alex, Alex he manipulated. Brady I think he coddled.

That's the brilliant thing, was that he knew the easiest way to manipulate Brady was by being nice to him. While pretending to Mark that he would prosecute him. He certainly used Brady, put his life in danger.

#9 2007-04-16 12:36:58

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

yeah that's what we hoped too smile. looks like things have started to roll here, I like it smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#10 2007-04-16 13:49:47

24nut
Website

jack_addict wrote:
24nut wrote:

yeah that's what we hoped too smile. looks like things have started to roll here, I like it smile

me too, i was starting to get unmotivated with the online side of 24, but now im back to my usual self, just like the old days of inside-24.

#11 2007-04-23 20:31:02

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

That's the brilliant thing, was that he knew the easiest way to manipulate Brady was by being nice to him. While pretending to Mark that he would prosecute him. He certainly used Brady, put his life in danger.

well, with brady - who is obviously autistic - I think jack knew that the way to deal with the kid (as he called him once!) was to talk to him as if he were a child, being nice to him was the only way to have brady NOT freak out. tell him he'll see his brother, that everything will be okay. I actually liked that part. and of course, seeing kiefer smile was unusual but not unwanted wink. jack needed brady to do something for him and we all know when jack wants something he knows how to get it. he's just using his instincts.

speaking of which, have we lost the jack of the first few eps of s6? is he back to his old self now?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#12 2007-04-23 20:54:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

speaking of which, have we lost the jack of the first few eps of s6? is he back to his old self now?

It would appear that way, although it is difficult to do a progressive emotion arc on a show like 24, I think they've done well, layering in some high (or perhaps that should be low) points.

I think really Jack's basic instincts will always be the same, it's the layering on top that changes (if that makes any sense), though I honestly believe that at the end of the season Jack will have to be returned to some sense of normality or be truly messed up for life. He hasn't had anything near a normal life since the start of S4 (almost 3 and a half years by my maths), because he'd either been on the run, playing dead, or in prison having who knows what done to him.

Anyway, yes, back to the point i'm trying to make. I'm thinking that there will have to be a major shift in the entire character next year, or it will start to try the patience and the emotional connection with the character.

For an example of how a character can slowly shift and show the emotional effects is The Shield, over 6 years the character of Vic Mackey (played by Michael Chiklis) has shown how living the life he does (a bent copper in some of L.As most crime and gang ridden streets) has really taken it's toll, and in recent episodes the character is dealing with the thoughts that he has essentially lost everything (Divorced, On the brink of losing his job) but that he carries on his routines because it's the only thing he knows.

#13 2007-04-24 11:05:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh why resort to a different show! you can show that on tony just as well. start with that agent at ctu trying to pick up a thread on whether nina is sleeping with jack, put him in 7th heaven with michelle, then to hell in prison and back in season 4, in another personal hell of his own, induced by drinking, and then in season 5 take everything away from him and eventually kill him. in my personal opinion, there was still everywhere to go with tony, but hey, i'm not an exec prod on 24.

as far as jack goes, yeah he's developed a lot and can't be changed back obviously. and i agree with what you're saying about there either being a major breakdown heading his way or a jack in a life with a sense of normalcy. but in my opinion that could only happen if they give him back audrey and i don't know where things stand concerning that.

tony.jpg

#14 2007-04-24 11:10:35

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Discussion on where things stand with audrey is best kept for other threads. But yeah, i'd agree with you. I'm thinking perhaps he has to be heading for some semblence of a life, either that or we really are headed into the final throws of the show and that 7 will be the final (plus the film if it ever gets made)

#15 2007-04-24 18:35:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah I wasn't going to start discussing audrey. it was just a thought that has nothing to do with anything season 6 smile

tony.jpg

Board footer