international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-28 21:33:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

Simpsons - the movie

has anyone seen this?

I never watched simpsons on tv, but my brother is such a fan that tonight, when he and a few pals went to see it, I went along, and quite litterally laughed my arse off. it was hillarious, never letting off, not for a second. the only downside is it's so short! when the break came (the please people consume something so we can actually make money out of the exorbitantly priced drinks, ice cream and popcorn break, that is), we were like, what, already?! lol

I don't want to start talking specifics, not sure how much people know, care or want to discuss before seeing it? but quite clearly, imho, it's worth a laugh big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-07-29 15:08:54

emma143
Website

Re: Simpsons - the movie

I went with my brother and my freind Phil so there were two 16 years old and a 9 year old and we all laughed all the way through...

Emz
x
εїз

4B, 6A, 1A* and the geek rules supreme (but still cant spell)

#3 2007-07-29 23:11:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm going to see it on wednesday with the family, will report back.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#4 2007-08-01 19:40:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Just got back from seeing the Simpsons, and despite what some reviews may have you believe, it doesn't at all feel like a stretch for them to fill an hour and a half, and no it isn't simply a longer episode. Laughed from start to finish. Some of the animation is truly beautiful. Some of the jokes are re-used from the TV show, but you really don't care, at times they reuse them with a knowing glint in their eyes, almost being cheeky about it.

Believe me, if you have even the slightest fondness for the simpsons at all, go see this, when your not laughing, you'll be smiling, it's like being in the company of an old friend you haven't seen for a while, only they look better than you remember.

Honestly, they should ditch the TV show and pump out one of these every 18 months - 2years.

Best Film I've Seen This Summer .... So Far.

And Watch Out For Maggie's First Word, It's A Promise I Hope They Keep.

#5 2007-08-01 20:21:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

And Watch Out For Maggie's First Word, It's A Promise I Hope They Keep.

hehe, yeah I forgot about that big_smile. maggie's first word lol what was it again, I forgot
so you think she'll start talking in the tv show from now on?...

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2007-08-01 23:17:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Her first word was....

[spoiler]sequel...?[/spoiler]
, Thats the promise I hope they keep.

#7 2007-08-02 11:10:22

smitten

Saw this with my kids and we all loved it. They haven't stopped talking about it since. There was more than enough to keep us all laughing, yet as a film it did go that bit deeper and darker than the regular half hour programme.

#8 2007-08-02 11:30:33

deadmanmoz

Does look very very good, i'll have to go see it v.soon

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#9 2007-08-02 21:51:21

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Her first word was....

[spoiler]sequel...?[/spoiler]
Thats the promise I hope they keep.

hehe, yeah true! big_smile
on the other hand... you know.. [spoiler]better do it once and get it right than let it go on for too long, you know exactly what I'm referring to wink[/spoiler]
anyway, very cool movie, if you're looking for a laugh, definitely go lol

tony.jpg

#10 2008-02-13 20:23:55

Past Present Fortune

I saw this movie in theaters when it was first released and I thought it was good but nothing compared to the Futurama movie, Futurama: Bender's Big Score, that was 1 awesome movie.

Board footer