24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-13 10:06:50

smitten

Season one: episodes 19-24

Thought I should start a thread on this as we're nearing the end of season 1 on the rewatch. Any thoughts anyone?

I have three. One, George is fab. Two, look closely at the Drazen henchman who takes charge of retrieving Alexis from George. Recognise him, anyone? Three, TV directors must love internal bleeding.  The timing of the bleed can be as convenient as they want, and it requires no props, not even tomato ketchup.

#2 2007-07-13 11:54:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Season one: episodes 19-24

hehe. yeah internal bleedings are convenient. the guy can take long to die wink

me and MFL have 3 eps to go and will be done by sunday. for some reason discussions didn't really prove abundant, i wonder why?

I agree, george is fab. and this season has not enough tony! so I can't wait to start season 2 and then get to 3 *drool*

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-07-15 20:35:10

smitten

Well, I've watched it all mow, still enjoy it, and find every bit of Kiefer's acting pure joy. I love, say, the fear in his eyes when he realises he is out-mavouvred by the Drazens, and then the truly emotional bits, like when he is told Kim is dead ... he doesn't even wipe the tears out os his eyes.

What I saw differently this time was Teri, in her final scene with Nina. I know we all get fed up with Kim and her ability to get herself in trouble and make terrible misjudgements. Up until now I thought she got this annoying trait from her father. Now I see it in her mother too. Oh Teri, you stupid, stupid woman, don't you know that's not the time and place for a conversation like that. Sigh.

Favourite scene: when George prises Jack off Nina. Jack is all jumpy and hyped, and George is just, well, George. The only one with the guts to talk to Jack. I wonder what it's like, as an actor, to have Kiefer's hand round your throat?

#4 2007-07-18 08:37:11

M F Luder

Heh, yeah. George is just hilarious, "Jack opted to stay in the field, literally.". His comments somewhat lightened the somber mood of the eps. As for Teri, I don't think she's stupid as such. THe last scene with Nina was in my opinion just a classic case of wrong place, wrong time. But hey, future seasons might have been quite different had she survived this one.

One thing that occured to me while watching the later eps here. Even though in S1 Jack is officially the director of CTU, he has never been there to actually run it smile. He's always in the field.  In this season it's George who runs it, and in the future it's Tony or Michelle, even if Jack has a director position. Bet you he just couldn't handle paperwork and the bureaucrats big_smile!

Oh, bring on S2 and more Tony! big_smile

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#5 2007-07-18 08:55:01

smitten

M F Luder wrote:

One thing that occured to me while watching the later eps here. Even though in S1 Jack is officially the director of CTU, he has never been there to actually run it smile. He's always in the field.  In this season it's George who runs it, and in the future it's Tony or Michelle, even if Jack has a director position. Bet you he just couldn't handle paperwork and the bureaucrats big_smile!

We get to see just a wee bit of his 'directing' early on in the season, where he dishes out assignments (Tony to check passenger list, etc) and signs papers given by subordinates. But you are absolutely right - whoever made Jack director really needs their head screwed on better.

#6 2007-07-18 11:32:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

mh-hm. there's also a little bit of jack in charge of CTU (at least the field ops part) in early season 3 where he's battling his demons and shouting at chloe, asking chase to replace her. I surely wouldn't have liked to work under him... not a nice boss. no way. lol. but then again, working under tony? anytime wink big_smile (and yes, I mean it literally AND metaphorically wink)

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-07-18 12:38:22

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

(and yes, I mean it literally AND metaphorically wink)

LOL. Oh, please don't get me started! smile

#8 2007-07-18 19:54:53

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

(and yes, I mean it literally AND metaphorically wink)

LOL. Oh, please don't get me started! smile

who said I was trying to? wink lol

tony.jpg

#9 2007-07-31 16:20:37

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay, I know i'm still behind, but i finished series 1 last night, and here are my thoughts.

George is great, truly remarkable, he provides a very important part to the last 6 or so episode, the brief moment to pause and take stock, the person who despite everything you do trust, he's a great anchor for the CTU goings on and a way to counter point Jack. While Jack is all at sea, George is thinking with a clear head. I don't think these episodes would have worked nearly as well without him.

Some of the directing in these episodes is breathing taking, especcially the last four, and the watching the last episode again reminds me just how much I want Stephen Hopkins to direct any movie.

It's intriguing for me to look at Jack's actions and mindset in the last episode, and think what could have tipped him to make different decisions. i.e., if he knew kim wasn't dead would he have let the drazens live?, and if he knew teri was dead would he have killed nina?

Also, I think someone should mark the two landmarks at the end of episode 24,

1) First and so far only time they have knowingly and willing broken the real time concept with the flash backs to earlier in the day

2) The first silent clock.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#10 2007-08-01 10:39:52

smitten

hardy24 wrote:

It's intriguing for me to look at Jack's actions and mindset in the last episode, and think what could have tipped him to make different decisions. i.e., if he knew kim wasn't dead would he have let the drazens live?, and if he knew teri was dead would he have killed nina?

I know it's a great scene and all, but killing an unarmed Victor out of revenge for Kim is pretty low. I would have expected Jack to be more professional. But it just had to happen...

hardy24 wrote:

1) First and so far only time they have knowingly and willing broken the real time concept with the flash backs to earlier in the day

Very moving split-screens. You could even say they broke protocol. wink

#11 2008-02-16 20:58:20

Past Present Fortune

smitten wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

I know it's a great scene and all, but killing an unarmed Victor out of revenge for Kim is pretty low. I would have expected Jack to be more professional. But it just had to happen...

hardy24 wrote:

Very moving split-screens. You could even say they broke protocol. wink

LMAO!!! I give it to Jack for killing that low life scum... he did think that he killed Kim so I suppose he couldn't control himslef anyway.

#12 2008-08-18 03:41:37

24roxmysox3

M F Luder wrote:

Oh, bring on S2 and more Tony! big_smile

I have to be quite honest with you, in the beginning i could have SWORN that tony was the mole of CTU, but i was happy to find out he wasn't, and now he's one of my favs!!!:P

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#13 2008-09-22 23:40:57

ChloeFan817

i thought he might be the mole too at first.i never suspected nina.but victor had it coming im glad jack killed him...but then again that means he just got off easy.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#14 2008-09-23 02:02:51

24roxmysox3

lol we all know jack...yeah i was kinda sad to see that nina was evil, but i am really glad that tony wasn't because he is an amazing asset to the show.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#15 2008-09-23 02:05:39

ChloeFan817

yup and plus Nina is cool evil.
i cant imagine her not to be.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#16 2008-09-23 02:09:56

24roxmysox3

i know now that i've seen her evil it's like...SHE IS SO COOL!!!! even for an evil person.

#17 2008-09-23 02:16:24

ChloeFan817

LOL

everleave.jpg

Board footer