24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-17 11:23:02

smitten

Season two: episodes 1-6

Painful as it is to drag myself away from season 1 (had to watch the finale twice, coz first time my husband walked into the room eating nuts, and it made a noise sad ), it's time to start season 2. Hacksaws at the ready, folks!

#2 2007-07-17 23:08:29

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Season two: episodes 1-6

thanks for opening the thread. I won't get to watch any of the s2 eps until the weekend. hope to do all 4 then.

what the heck is going on with everyone else? i hope they're on their vacation island doing nothing but watching 24 so they come back here and DISCUSS! lol

anyway, teri's dead, jack looks like "a bum off the street" quote - unquote george and tony and michelle are starting to get to know each other big_smile

I can't wait for more tony big_smile - and let's face it, michelle is a much better match for him than nina ever was tongue

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-07-18 08:31:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

again, for the protocol, season 1 just didn't have enough tony! no wonder both MFL and I were jack's followers at first tongue big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-07-18 08:39:23

M F Luder

But for some reason we both got drawn to the dark side as things progressed. cool

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#5 2007-07-18 11:33:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

M F Luder wrote:

But for some reason we both got drawn to the dark side as things progressed. cool

well, you dragged *me* to the dark side but I thank you for it, my friend cool big_smile

almeida is god wink smile

tony.jpg

#6 2007-07-18 13:43:44

smitten

Just watched the first two episodes.

Kate Warner is irritating me already, from her very first line, 'Hey you two, cut it out!'. She's just so openly hostile, which is totally unrealistic, because when women are hostile, they are normally much much more subtle about it. I'm wondering if the actress was just really badly directed?

On the other hand, I like the characterisation of Gary and Karla Mathison. Very realistically done for a domestic violence sitatuion, down to tiny details like placing his bacon on the plate. Great acting by the little girl as well.

As for Jack, well I don't know if he looks like a bum off the street, certainly the padded jacket they put on him to make it look like he's put in weight doesn't really suit. Cool view of his back and shoulders when he's shaving (he's good at doing his own hair). Love the way he examines Goren's neck before deciding on the implement. I also love watching Jack go undercover.

"He shouldn't have been playing with adults"

#7 2007-07-21 12:08:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

"I'm not the biggest fan of Jack Bauer. I don't like the way he delegates authority, I don't like the way he runs operations..." oops, wrong season wink. let me rephrase that: "I'm not the biggest fan of Kim Bauer. She's a trouble magnet, everywhere she goes, something happens." But what the rewatch is now changing my perception of Kim. Sure, what I said above is true, but a new thought I associate with her is that she is really Jack's daughter. She's always thinking. She has a sense of duty (seen later in season 3), and when she does get in trouble, she looks for a way out. so she's not just a helpless victim sitting and waiting to die, so I'm even starting to like her. and this has actually been true since season 1. now, in s2, the thing with gary (which really is very well done, as smitten noticed), she's also taking charge and trying to get things done. too bad that gary is crooked enough to get her into more trouble.

now to some more general comments. I watched the first two eps last night. first thought: good, much more tony! big_smile loving him and the subtlety between him and michelle. you see from the start they're so gonna get together wink

george is - well, george! and you gotta love him. this time, he's much more likeable than in s1. good stuff between him and tony, too. those two are such a great sarcastic team that always makes me laugh big_smile

kate warner, the point smitten made about her being hostile, I have to say I understand her. she's jealous of letting her little sister go - that's one thing - and the other is, she doesn't trust reza. but she's annoying no end in all other respects *sigh*. I have to plea guilty to being jealous of my "little" brother's (he's 6.5 yrs younger and 1.5 heads taller lol) gf myself so I can relate to her somewhat....

I like the way the season again creates this feeling of don't trust anybody and conspiracy. it's there from the start.

when jack goes u.c. again, there's this music they used when he was about to interrogate ted cofell in the limo. great music big_smile.

the stuff between jack and kim was pretty sad, you could see the pain in him, and in her. and smitten, when I said he looks like a bum off the street, it wasn't my opinion, it was a quote from george big_smile

one true quote that I'm sure the writers included for our benefit: "Jack's back" cool. he sure is!

tony.jpg

#8 2007-07-22 18:04:07

M F Luder

Ah, alright, 4 eps down. What can I say, Almeida is God big_smile. Tony is really good with people, both at handling and reading them. Case in point Paula and George."Try to tune it out Paula." . "I mean, if you're just trying to get outside the blast radius ..."It's nice to see that development in him as he steps into George's shoes and starts to run CTU. And takes care of Kim in the process smile.  It was quite telling that when they started to plan this op to get Jack undercover and told him aout the nuke, the first one Jack looked at for confirmation was Tony. Not George.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#9 2007-07-22 21:25:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

yes, you can see that, even though things between them weren't great from the start in season 1, tony has earned jack's trust - unlike george ("I'm sorry george, i just don't trust you") - and rightly so.

I'm also loving tony running CTU - how could I not! he's really starting to grow into that role, even before he's officially made director. quick thinking, has eyes everywhere, and like MFL said, he's really good with people. as for paula - and kate to some extent - I think they're really just your regular people. scared, insecure, jealous or protective. I like the way this is also brought into the picture. not everyone working at CTU or otherwise involved in the show is a superhero. they're regular people put in extraordinary situations. I like that. but I said that before  ;-)

after 4 eps, I can't wait to see the next 4 and I know I won't want to stop big_smile

oh, on a sad note, poor george. quite touching, when he talks to the doc, wanting to know how he's going to die. and when he realizes they need him at CTU and that he doesn't wanna spend his last hours in hospital and asks if he's contageous. poor tony is going to kick himself for what he said to george ("right now, the truth is, if i didn't have to talk to you again I'd be happy" ouch) when he finds out the truth. classic george quote about his password, "How else would you spell it?" big_smile

oh, and then there's the CTU bombing. yeah, 24 had the guts to do it. very nicely done, with jack trying to do his best to keep his cover and protect his colleagues - and then the white house crosses his plans. oooh, not nice. ("I'll do my job. you people better start doing yours."). too bad he said that to the wrong person, since lynn was the one who tried to do the right thing.

and palmer yet again has a person on his staff who's second-guessing him. this time he didn't wait a whole season to fire him. well done, david

tony.jpg

#10 2007-07-23 09:17:14

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

But what the rewatch is now changing my perception of Kim. Sure, what I said above is true, but a new thought I associate with her is that she is really Jack's daughter. She's always thinking. She has a sense of duty (seen later in season 3), and when she does get in trouble, she looks for a way out. so she's not just a helpless victim sitting and waiting to die, so I'm even starting to like her. and this has actually been true since season 1.

Jack's daughter through and through. Jack, like Kim, is a trouble magnet. The fact that he is also very good at getting himself out of trouble, comes, in my imagination, after many years of experience of being in trouble as a younger Jack. They really work as a family.

jack_addict wrote:

kate warner, the point smitten made about her being hostile, I have to say I understand her. she's jealous of letting her little sister go - that's one thing - and the other is, she doesn't trust reza. but she's annoying no end in all other respects *sigh*.

She can be suspicious, jealous and protective, that's all OK. She just needs to do it more subtly. She's running around like Chicken Little.

jack_addict wrote:

when jack goes u.c. again, there's this music they used when he was about to interrogate ted cofell in the limo. great music big_smile.

Really? I didn't notice that. Ah well, I'll just need to watch it again! smile

jack_addict wrote:

when I said he looks like a bum off the street, it wasn't my opinion, it was a quote from george big_smile

Yes of course. If I ever need a boost of confidence about my appearance, I should just ask George. wink

Board footer