24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-09 23:26:58

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Episode 17

Official thread for discussing episode 17, which is on tonight on Fox.

If you haven't seen the episode yet, be aware of facts which will probably spoil the episode for you.

Sky One people, please discuss episode 17 in here once you've seen it.

Last edited by hardy24 (2007-04-22 20:08:02)

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-04-10 00:19:37

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Episode 17

You can see the trailer for this episode @ http://24fans.com/?p=249

#3 2007-04-11 01:00:07

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Just seen this episode now, and have to say, its brilliant probably the best of the season. Infact the quality was upthere and could have been the last 40 minutes of a die hard film, especcially the Jack taking down the terrorists.

And now it looks as if we'll have 7 episodes of Jack trying to save the woman he loves!

#4 2007-04-12 13:14:31

Kamryn

hardy24 wrote:

And now it looks as if we'll have 7 episodes of Jack trying to save the woman he loves!

I'm really excited about that. I literally fell out of my seat when I watched the trailer. smile I absolutely am clueless to where the writers are going with this. Audrey not being dead from that car crash certainly opens up so many new possibilities.

Also, I was never much of an Audrey fan during her first year on the show but I have to say, she impressed me throughout season 5 and truth be told, I was disappointed when I first heard that Kim Raver wouldn't return for season 6. At one point this season, I missed her presence on the show. All things aside, I'm glad that we'll be seeing more of her soon.

#5 2007-04-12 13:29:00

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yes, me too. Although it must be said I am glad that she's back in a way which really does add to the plot and not just along for the ride. If she'd just turned up in CTU to help with the crisis then I think I would have been quite dissappointed, ofcourse telling us she was dead ensured that if she did come back it would be in an interesting way.

What did people think about the rest of the episode?

#6 2007-04-12 18:20:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

I haven't seen it yet, but on the audrey topic, I think both of you are right. I would have been not only disappointed but probably also bored if she'd just turned up like that for a case of 'been there, done that'. although I doubt she'll survive this season - she might though - if they're using her the right way, I'm all for it smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-04-12 19:52:27

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

I doubt she'll survive this season

It would be quite a feat if she did survive the season, Jacks loved ones are usually the ones most at risk.

#8 2007-04-22 21:10:38

24nut
Website

i just finished watching episode 17, sky one sucks, so i only just watched it sad

But wow, i am full of adrenaline, that episode rocked, i loved the two double twists, first we thought Palmer would start world war 3, then we realise that he has a plan to get information out of the ambassador, then when transporting fayed, Jack gets shot and it turns out to be planned all long, i just loved the way jack just popped up and carried on like he did, it was great.

I am also really liking Tom Lennox now, i didn't like him at first, but i think him and the president have an understanding and i like it.

But the best had to be Jack taking down those terrorists, we had some amazing middle eastern style music from Sean Callery and it really helped the scene, it was so intense, so angry, i just loved the way, with every shot, he took a terrorist down, and then when Jack and Fayed both realised they had emptied their guns the leap for eachother, i didn't think that we would beat the season 2 hand to hand combat scene from the colliseum, but that was one of the best fight scenes i have seen in 24. i really liked it, and the way jack just picked his gun up after was cool.

Now we have the whole jack saving audrey thing, which i know im going to like, seems like this season is going to really heat up now. big_smile

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#9 2007-04-23 10:56:51

smitten

Like others here I was totally blown away by this episode. I kept thinking, no he can't kill Fayed and find the nukes, it isn't time for that to happen. This is 24. Anything can happen.  I loved the fight scene - much dirtier and gorier than we're used to. To think Jack did all that with broken ribs.

And now we get to see him at his most manly - fighting to protect the one he loves. I just can't wait!

#10 2007-04-23 13:15:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

You could really tell that they spent a lot of time blocking that fight out and that the vast majoirty was the actors themselves. Good stuff, now if we can only build up to a finale which is as good as that, then i'll be happy.

#11 2007-04-23 15:26:22

24nut
Website

hardy24 wrote:

You could really tell that they spent a lot of time blocking that fight out and that the vast majoirty was the actors themselves. Good stuff, now if we can only build up to a finale which is as good as that, then i'll be happy.

i would have been happy for that fight scene to be in the finale, i could have even see a finale ending like that, that would be cool.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#12 2007-04-23 15:41:03

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, I reckon Misters Bond, Bourne, McClane would all have been happy with that fight.

Board footer