international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-13 07:51:56

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Poll Question Ideas Needed

Hi Everybody,

Now, on the main site, there is one ever present poll on the front page, during the course of the season it was a simple "rate the latest episode", but now that the season is over, thats obviously not possible - or atleast not very interesting. So i'll be running other polls, though for longer periods, probably two weeks each. So far i've had "Best Episode of the Season", and the current one, "Supporting Character you most want to Return."

But I figured I'd ask for suggestions for polls, so if you have any ideas, just give write down your suggestion(s) in a post (along with the options if it isn't neccesarily clear from the question.)

Thanks,
Dan.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-06-13 11:01:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Poll Question Ideas Needed

a few suggesions perhaps:

the best new character introduced in s6 (good or bad)?

are you going to buy season 6 on dvd?

rating of the entire season relative to the others

best villain overall (s1-6)

favorite / least favorite storyline / supporting storyline (comparable stuff to the amnesia and cougar storylines in the early seasons wink)

that's what i can think of for now. AIG has very good polls usually.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-06-14 13:33:42

smitten

I'm thinking about this one. Do you mean just about season 6, or covering all seasons?
I noticed Aaron Pierce wasn't among the 'characters I'd like to see return'. We can't have a season without him, now, can we?

#4 2007-06-14 15:55:08

smitten

Do you believe Josh Bauer is Jack's son? Y?N

Which female companion would you like to see Jack with: Audrey, Marilyn, Diane

Which is the least convincing sibling pair:
Andre & Alexis Drazen
Marie & Kate Warner
Michelle Dessler & Danny
Lynn & Jenny McGill
Ramon & Hector Salazar
Jack & Graem Bauer

#5 2007-06-27 23:37:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

I'm thinking about this one. Do you mean just about season 6, or covering all seasons?

Not neccesarily about Season 6, but in some way linked to the current state of the show (however you may judge that)

I noticed Aaron Pierce wasn't among the 'characters I'd like to see return'. We can't have a season without him, now, can we?

I made the poll options based on supporting players who a) played a significant part in series 6, b) could relatively easily and realistically could be in series 7. Including Aaron would have meant including a lot of other people to, there just wasn't room.

#6 2007-07-09 11:26:48

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Poll Updates:-

Did one asking how S6 stood up too previous seasons, the largest chunk of people thought it wasn't the best of the show, but it wasn't the worst either.

Latest Poll asks which is the shows best ever baddie.

Also: If you have anymore poll ideas, feel free to share, they might get used somewhere along the line.

#7 2007-07-11 13:36:23

smitten

OK, another idea.

Which character would you like to see back on 24, if it wasn't for the fact that they have already died?

Tony
Michelle
George
Chapelle
Nina
Teri Bauer
Milo
Sherry Palmer

#8 2007-07-11 19:28:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

OK, another idea.

Which character would you like to see back on 24, if it wasn't for the fact that they have already died?

Tony
Michelle
George
Chapelle
Nina
Teri Bauer
Milo
Sherry Palmer

ouch. stab. heart. beat. stop.

. . . - - - . . .

ouch

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#9 2007-07-11 21:23:40

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Another quick note, the "best. villian. ever.", poll well Nina Myers is running away with it. Which surprises me for some reason, dunno why. Logan is in second, but a good 50 votes behind.

#10 2007-07-11 22:34:49

J_A
Administrator
Website

wow. just voted. 75 votes compared to the one-digit numbers in others? I wonder how come. lol. either someone's seriuosly voting numerous times or it's the surprise of her being a turned traitor at the end or the emotional connection or the fact that she was evil over more than half a season to one season... i dunno. but granted, she wasn't bad, really.

tony.jpg

#11 2007-07-11 23:12:41

hardy24
Administrator
Website

People should be blocked from voting more than once.

Who did you vote for by the way?

#12 2007-07-12 06:50:14

J_A
Administrator
Website

gaines and saunders, one each. hadn't noticed saunders the first time around roll lol

tony.jpg

#13 2007-07-12 09:46:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, Gaines!, the original and best. Even though he was a baddie, I always quite liked him, always hoped that his and Jack's showdown would have ended another way.

#14 2007-07-12 10:54:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

as in? gaines killing jack? tongue not gonna happen lol but granted, gaines has always been my favorite. he had everything a baddie needed - organized, scary, sarcastic and a bit funny, too.
saunders was simply creepy though and just because of what he did to tony, he also deserved the place in the top 2 in my book

tony.jpg

#15 2007-07-12 15:27:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

No, as in gaines accepting jacks offer to help him in exchange for a some kind of reduced sentence.

#16 2007-07-12 20:55:59

smitten

Yes I noticed Nina was blazing away there in the poll. Very different from the threads in the forum here were she gets 14% of the vote in seasons 1&2 and not a peep in 3&4. Nina was a good mole, she had some fantastic scenes with Jack, and she ran through 3 seasons.

I think the difference is between the fan who has watched all of 24 from the beginning, occasionally browses some 24-related websites, and takes part in a poll, and the fan who logs on to a site like this, gets involved in discussions, and really makes the effort to fine-tune their appreciation of the art of 24. As a way to cope with their 24-addiction. Guilty. Ahem. Anyway, I see Nina as appealing more to the former.

I voted for Mandy.

#17 2007-07-13 07:41:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

As a way to cope with their 24-addiction. Guilty. Ahem.

lol. yeah me too. big_smile

tony.jpg

#18 2007-07-23 11:18:18

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Not to twist the knife in or anything, but the latest poll is, "who would you most like the show to resurrect?".

Currently Tony has 2 votes and George Mason has 1 (mine).

#19 2007-07-23 16:55:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Not to twist the knife in or anything, but the latest poll is, "who would you most like the show to resurrect?".

ouch.

now how is this poll question to be interpreted? I mean, certainly if they resurrected *anyone*, the credibility of the show would be lost. so this is in fact a cleverly disguised whom do you miss most question, right?

tony.jpg

#20 2007-07-23 16:57:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

currently the poll has 14 votes for tony, 4 each for michelle and david and then a few others have 1 vote each. I think that speaks a pretty clear picture so far... I know, the poll it just in its beginning

tony.jpg

#21 2007-07-23 21:39:44

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It is sort of a "who do you miss most", but more really a "if there was no downside who would you most want to see back."

#22 2007-07-23 21:48:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

fair enough smile. casting my vote. no need to ask whom for wink

tony.jpg

#23 2007-07-24 09:00:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yep, no need, and he's really running away with it, I had hoped there might be a closer fight, just for interests sake.

#24 2007-07-24 10:26:21

smitten

Oh, I am swithering, this one is really hard. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't miss Tony, just that I am really torn between him, George, Michelle and Teri. And, of the four, Tony (preparing to be show down in flames) at least had a good innings. We got to see him in all sorts of situations, but that can't be said of the other 3. They had much more to offer that we won't get to see.

#25 2007-08-09 13:28:23

smitten

Interesting poll up just now (about spoilers) - will be difficult to know what to do with the results!

I'm still trying to think of good poll ideas. How about: Can 24 survive without Jack? Yes/no.

I know we've talked this one to death in the forum, but the poll audience may be different.

Board footer