24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-10 09:11:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Lee wins Any Dream Will Do

This might sound really stupid, but was curious to see if anyone else on here cared.

To explain for people who don't have a clue what i'm going on about, the BBC have been running one of thoose talent show things, the usual standard format, but the prize at the end of it was the lead role in a production of "Joseph & The Technicolour Dreamcoat" in the West End, and yesterday night a guy called Lee Mead who was hands down the best of the finalists (he'd understudyied previous to the competition) won. See link before for him singing "any dream will do" after it was announced he'd won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7foH6eE9g

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-06-10 12:00:52

Steveb

Re: Lee wins Any Dream Will Do

I was really pleased about this, I think of the three he was definitely the best. I had to turn down a chance to audition for this show so I'd have been really annoyed if the winner had been rubbish, but I think Lee was an excellent choice.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2007-06-10 13:38:15

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Why did you have to turn down the audition steve?, it would have been really cool/weird to see you on it.

Anyway, yeah I was glad that he won, I only started watching it 4 or 5 weeks ago, and well they all had there strengths in certain areas (Singing, Acting, Dancing etc.) but he really was the best all rounder, and had a stage prescence that the rest just couldn't hope to match.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#4 2007-06-10 14:23:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Why did you have to turn down the audition steve?, it would have been really cool/weird to see you on it.

I'm also waiitng to see where and when we can see our buddy on TV at some point.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-06-19 12:42:48

Steveb

It was because if I'd got through the first round of auditions, the second round would have clashed with my final degree performance and as much as I wanted to give it a go, I couldn't really jeapordise that. It paid off though I got a first for it. big_smile

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#6 2007-07-18 23:13:15

emma143
Website

A first is REALLY good

i started watching a few weeks before the end and i found it addictive and wish i had seen 'how do  you solve a problem like maria' but with my job i tend to not have time to watch tv when its on (i watch most things on DVD like when the box sets come out)

Emz
x
εїз

4B, 6A, 1A* and the geek rules supreme (but still cant spell)

Board footer