24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-10 12:28:56

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Introduce Yourself

hi, thought it would be a good idea if everybody introduced themselves, even people who were on the old forum.

I'm Daniel, london - england, mad 24fan from the very beginning (was hooked ten minutes into the pilot episode), webmaster of 24fans.com and one of the admins.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-04-10 20:27:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Introduce Yourself

Well, I suppose I should do it, too, then.

I'm J_A, my friends know my name wink, german, living in switzerland, 24addict from hour 1 just like dan, mad 24fanfic writer, biology graduate student and also one of the admins.

and just so you're warned, my achilles heel are certain happenings in episode 513, but since we cannot talk spoilers here, I will not elaborate.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-04-10 20:31:07

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

my achilles heel are certain happenings in episode 513, but since we cannot talk spoilers here, I will not elaborate.

Yeah, you've been warned, don't mention 513! Just the number makes her blood boil!

#4 2007-04-10 20:37:56

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

my achilles heel are certain happenings in episode 513, but since we cannot talk spoilers here, I will not elaborate.

Yeah, you've been warned, don't mention 513! Just the number makes her blood boil!

lol:lol::lol:

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-04-10 21:42:28

Steveb

Seriously don't mention 513 neither of them are joking!!!!!!

Oh yeah, introductions. I'm Steve. 21 years old from Lincoln, Uk although I spend most of my time in Leeds as an acting student (that's a student who acts rather than someone who fills in for students who are on holiday) Huge fan of all well written and produced television with 24 being top of the pile. Like Dan I was hooked from the pilot and haven't stopped since.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#6 2007-04-11 12:34:17

M F Luder

Alright, I suppose I should introduce myself as well. On the internet I go by a couple of nicknames, one of them being M F Luder which some old X-Philes might recognise wink. I live in Finland, at the present working towards my M.A. in English Translation and Interpretation.

Have been following 24 since S1, really got hooked on S2 as The X-Files ended. A through and though Tony fan. And as far as I'm concerned, s5 and everything thereafter never happend, denial is a wonderful thing smile.  As such I'm not really afraid to admit that I haven't watched s6 since 24 not the same to me, nor is it easily available from here.. But it doesn't mean I don't love 24 as much as everyone else big_smile. OK, enough defensiveness and ranting for now. I am what I am wink.

I think we can all get along just fine. smile

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#7 2007-04-11 12:42:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

and the four of us make up the moderating team smile

now if anyone else wants to introduce themselves, it would be great. go ahead smile

tony.jpg

#8 2007-04-12 09:13:18

Kamryn

Hey,

My name's Kamryn. It's great to finally be a part of this board. I'm really excited to get to know all of you.

It's nice to be able to go online again. I haven't been doing that for weeks. I'm a medical student and just being one requires me to travel a lot; at least, more than I usually do. It gets really stressful at times but there's no better way to relax those muscles than to spread out on the couch and watch a whole hour of '24'.

Since we're on that, I began watching '24' regularly at the start of its sophomore season. I caught the last few episodes of season 1 and thought I'd give it a try. I have to admit that I didn't know a thing about Kiefer Sutherland back then. It was his role in '24' that morphed me into being one of Kiefer's many die-hard fans.

On a more personal level, I love playing tennis and I simply can't resist any oppurtunity that involves me changing into my bathing suit and simply lounging about in the pool. I love reading and I even hold the record for the person who has 'The Most Jodi Picoult Books Collected In Just Over A Year'. I played the piano during high school and still--though not that often--practice a few songs on it every now and again. I moved out of my parents place not too long ago and am now staying with my sister; who has just gotten her degree in medicine. Also, I have a Cocker Spaniel named Dame whom I love very much.

Other than '24', I enjoy watching 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'The West Wing'. I am a fan of Charlize Theron; I first saw her in one of her early movies, 'The Devil's Advocate' where she starred alongside Keanu Reeves. I've been following her career ever since. I listen to a lot of contemporary music but prefer ballads over rock; with a few exceptions.

Anyway, it's getting late here and I should very well prepare for a long day at the university tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Kamryn smile

#9 2007-04-12 18:15:47

J_A
Administrator
Website

Hello Kamryn! Welcome to the board and thanks for letting us know so much about yourself smile. personally, I'm looking forward to talking to you, it's nice to have someone who does something (remotely) related to what I do. Maybe we can have a science thread or something wink

Also, I used to play piano, I don't own one currently, but I have a guitar now (and a keyboard but that is just not the same as a piano)... Oh, and I used to have a dog who was and likely still is very very very sweet! Unfortunately we couldn't keep her  sad. I still miss her.

anyway, really excited about talking to ya!
enjoy posting!

tony.jpg

#10 2007-04-13 13:02:49

Nero

Hey guys,

Glad the main posters have stuck around on the new forum, I haven't been around much lately been busy this school ect, but I will try to get on more. I've also changed my nick from neromaguire to Nero on the new forum.

I love writing, love music, especially anything by Mono and WEG. I play guitar, piano and do vocals. Favourite shows are 24, The West Wing and Scrubs. I watch alot of other things but those are by far the best.

And yeah don't mention 5X13 to J_A or M F L. Big trouble if you do! lol.

Also love reading, my favourite author is probably Sara Douglass, she wrote the Axis Trilogy and Wayfera Redempetion too brillant books trilogies that form one series, and is releasing the third trilogy sometime soon this year.

I also don't mind playing games, Final Fantasy, mainly 7 Final Fantasy 7 was the best, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell and Silent Hill to name a few.

Last edited by Nero (2007-04-13 13:57:56)

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#11 2007-04-13 17:49:25

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey there, nero, welcome, welcome! good to have ya here as well.  smile

on a different note, I just e-mailed with deadmanmozz and it looks like he'll be joining us, too, though not too often. but still.

tony.jpg

#12 2007-04-14 10:26:52

Nero

Oh that'll be great, haven't talked to Moz in a while.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

#13 2007-04-14 11:42:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah I know, me neither sad. says he can't get online much at work and at home it's a complex story involving one dad and one computer wink. but I think mozz should finally get his own comp, dontcha think? wink tongue big_smile. I'd start a poll if it weren't such a clear matter lol
(smiley overkill? maybe tonguecool)

tony.jpg

#14 2007-04-14 19:48:08

smitten

Here goes, I'll introduce myself. I'm calling myself Smitten, because I am totally smitten by Jack. I'm new to internet chatting, but have spent a lot of time browsing around this website over the last few months.

I am a big 24 fan - obviously. I started watching last year when day 5 was airing in the UK, got totally hooked, missed the last 2 episodes because I was at work. So I consoled myself by buying the DVDs for season 4, then 1, 2 and 3. Initially my husband watched with me, but he doesn't like to get 'sucked in', so he generally makes himself scarce when 24's on. Otherwise he tries to make conversation during an episode and gets snapped at.

I used to like medical dramas like ER and Casualty, but since training as a midwife I've gradually gone off these. When I spend my working day up to my elbows in other peoples' bodily fluids, it's just not relaxing to come home and watch more of it. So I hardly watch telly now if it's not 24 - the only other thing that holds my attention is CSI.

None of my friends and nobody at work watches 24 - so I've been missing decent conversation - which is what I'm hoping to get out of this!

Smitten

#15 2007-04-14 20:00:51

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Nice to meet you smitten.

Is it just me or do we have a build up of medical types here? I'm losing track, i might be wrong.

Yeah, our last forum started to die so we've started again here in a hope that we can get some more decent conversation.

#16 2007-04-14 22:30:00

24nut
Website

I guess i will introduce myself for the new members and for those of you who know me then hey wink

I just saw the announcement and took the plunge, nice setup dan, anyways im 24nut, as im nuts about 24, live in the uk and im a student who spends way too much time watching and talking about 24 and i have a server which i hold 24 previews and stuff like that from previous seasons, so to the new people, if there is anything you cant find on 24fans.com then send me a personal message, i might be able to help you.

Anyways, the other forum went dead, so lets go crazy and post a lot like the old days!

Last edited by 24nut (2007-04-14 22:48:23)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#17 2007-04-15 15:00:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

welcome to smitten and good to have 24nut back (in a new place wink). now, try not to make things sound pathetic about the old forum tongue. truth is, it has been unstable for a while so I suppose ppl gradually abandoned it, and its instability was the main reason we decided to set up a new one, and I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying the fruits of the work we put in. if you got any suggestions and questions regarding the forum, go ahead and post them in the appropriate section, and we'll see what we can do.

dan, to the "buildup of medical" yes, I think someone else is a student in med school, and well, I'm not in medicine but in a related science. nice to have someone third from the field, I like that big_smile

also, one thing that keeps being true is that 24 fans seem to also be CSI viewers, nice thing! personally, I somehow stopped watching it, I dunno, might be that I want to spend as much time as I can with writing the 24 fanfics so I don't watch any TV really unless it's 24 or Lost.

tony.jpg

#18 2007-04-15 15:50:07

24nut
Website

jack_addict wrote:

welcome to smitten and good to have 24nut back

thanks wink

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#19 2007-04-16 07:50:50

Nero

jack_addict wrote:

dan, to the "buildup of medical" yes, I think someone else is a student in med school, and well, I'm not in medicine but in a related science. nice to have someone third from the field, I like that big_smile

Hehe, another one here, well not yet, but when I start University I'll be doing Medicine, Biomedical Science and Biotechnology. I just love science related things in general which is one of my driving influences for Medicine. And if I change my mind I'd like to do something, involving Chemistry, Physics and Bio, maybe not all three but at least two of them, hence why I have Biotechnology down, it sounds very interesting from what I've read and been told.

Anyway back on topic now.

Welcome to all the new members it's nice to have you here. smile

Formerly neromaguire

#20 2007-04-16 10:41:41

Petal

Hey I'm Petal, getting old though so I will be known as wilted before long, big awww.  I love 24 in general, have been quiet for a long time due to a new job, after 10 years of bringing up children lol but will try to be an impressive member.  Thanks to J_A for giving me the heads up on the new site wink

#21 2007-04-16 10:42:51

Petal

#22 2007-04-16 12:33:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

Petal wrote:

LOL. Sweetie, I know what you mean.. That's why I put my old post count in my account for my own reference big_smile

tony.jpg

#23 2007-04-16 19:59:57

Nero

lol.

Nice too see you again Petal smile

Formerly neromaguire

#24 2007-04-16 20:12:06

24nut
Website

welcome back petal smile

#25 2007-04-17 10:33:34

deadmanmoz

Hi Dudes and Dudettes

Im Deadmanmoz, sometimes known as the Magical Monkey.

I live in England (Rubbish) wanna live in America (Hurrah).
Love football, baseball, LOST, greys anatomy, music, movies and my xbox.
i AM Michelle Desslers secret love, myself and Reiko are meant to be together :-)

I dont watch 24 anymore, although i am still a massive fan of series 1-4.
after that, as said by MF, 24 stopped for me and nothing existed after it *Sticks fingers in ears* la la la, not listening, la la la.

Welcome to all the new peeps.
Also a MASSIVE hello to Nero, Petal and MF who i havent spoken to in a while

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

Board footer