24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-22 10:41:51

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Episodes 23 & 24

When you've seen these episodes, discuss them in here. They aired yesterday night in the U.S.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-05-22 15:28:18

deadmanmoz

Re: Episodes 23 & 24

Didnt watch them, as of course i dont watch 24 anymore, but read bits and it sounded alittle naff, nothing major happening.
Chloe pregnant, i know i dont watch it but who gives a monkeys?
And they never did go through with the planned ending of someone in a car!

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#3 2007-05-27 00:07:19

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay, well i've just seen both 23 and 24. 24 is a good episode, though really it's just putting moving pieces into place.

The first half of 24 is just some real solid action stuff, which all looks abosolutely beautiful - the entire episode does really, the director did an amazing job.

Then there's 5 - 10 minutes of house keeping, the usual stuff for a finale, including Chloe telling Morris she's preggers, which is underplayed and makes quite a nice moment.

Then we have the final 10 - 12 minutes, which is all Jack, and quite frankly if you've been crying out for the writers and the show to acknowledge what Jack has been through, to show us the toll it's had on him personally and emotionally, you will love the final 12 minutes. Kiefer plays this scene better than any scene all season, he really is at his peak and Jack as a character is at the end of his tether, he's pleading for his life back, any shred of a normal life to cling on to, but then he sees Audrey and knows she is in no state to offer him it - and you feel for him. I was in floods of tears for most of it I will freely admit.

These last 12 minutes are a true landmark moment for the show, mark my words, because as fans they effectively offer us a choice, accept this as the end that we always knew would have to come eventually - it's been a nice ride, thanks for the company, ... or ... , personally invest it whats to come, which will be quite different I am positive, personally invest in seeing Jack pull back from the brink and reclaim a life worth living. Don't make up your mind before seeing these final minutes, doesn't matter if you've seen the rest of the episode (but it is worth a look), because after seeing them I know where i stand, i'm in, before this I wasn't sure if I still cared about the character, but I do, and aslong as the show's got that going for it, aslong as it keeps me caring then it's, for me, a show worth watching.

And here endith the lessons, everyone make up there own minds.

#4 2007-05-28 16:54:57

24nut
Website

well i liked episode 23, i loved how Bill and Jack teamed up and i really liked it, i loved how Jack took out the Chinese on the oil rig and i liked how he jumped off it when the rig and his father blew up.

But the shining moments of season 6 was Kiefers performance at Heller's house, wow, what an amazing performance, i loved how Jack was soaking wet and it looked like the Jack of Season 2, some of my favourite lines being "You do not tell me what to do anymore" and "How dare you".

If that isn't an Emmy winning performance then i dont know what is, i know season 6 hasn't been the best but Kiefer has been falwaless throughout. two best scenes of the season for me have to be Jack taking out Fayed and the final scene of episode 24, i also found it funny how they showed the ocean crashing on the rocks below as if to say, Jack doesn't know what to do, he could jump or he could try and get his life back, somehing which he desperately wants to do, i feel that this is Jack venting off all that has been asked of him over all six seasons.

I think that next season has to be fresh and plots cant be reused like season 6. For me, CTU has become quite boring now, with the exception of Bill and Morris. I think that season 7 should be about Jack hunting something down, i think that the season should be much like season 1, for example we learnt about the assasination on Palmer in episode 1, and the whole season focused on that one objective, but i think that the season needs to be focused on one thing if you know what i mean.

But i am looking forward to the ride of next season.

s2456tp0.th.jpg

^^ What an amazing scene!

Last edited by 24nut (2007-05-28 22:05:42)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2007-06-03 10:55:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

My extended site review for the last two episodes is up @ http://24fans.com/?page_id=295

#6 2007-06-04 10:42:01

smitten

Ah, so much to say! I was totally bowled over by episode 24 - 23 was really just getting ready for the big bash. Bet the pyrotechnic guys had fun with those explosions, really, it's just as well they keep vats of oil on disused rigs, just in case anyone needs a bit of a bang in a gunfight! Even though you know more or less what's going to happen (Jack and Josh will live), there were some lovely surprises like Bill flying the chopper (I so wanted him to do something exciting) and Jack telling Josh not to kill his father (Trust me, you don't want to live with the pain... - well, Jack, you should know).

But for me the real climax was the Jack/Heller scene. I'm not sure I buy that Jack looked up to Heller as a father-figure (?) but it was sweet that he revealed something of his vulnerabilities. There were such wonderful lines, so well delivered:

How dare you? How dare you?

I did try to get you out of China.
You should have tried harder!

What was so poignant was they both realised that the other was right - Heller was wrong to blame Jack for everything, but right that Audrey is better off without Jack. This was the clearest spelling out we've ever had to the real tragedy of Jack Bauer. Wherever he goes, whatever he does, he is just so hot, he will attract a woman. And because he is basically respectful and communicative, and very good in bed, the relationship will blossom (as long as she's not called Kate). And then, sooner or later, he will get sucked back in and she will be threatened, kidnapped as bait, or worried to death about his kamikaze missions. It's everything he told Chase in season 3. And it just continues, it never gets better for him. Like that poor bloke in the Greek myth whose punishment it was to drag a stone up a hill, roll it down and start all over again for eternity. The only real surprise was that his marriage to Teri lasted as long as it did.

So his life is pretty bleak, and I can understand him wanting to top himself. The cliff scene was very dramatic, but I don't see him as a cliff man myself, he's definitely a bullet in the brain man. He'd probably only do it after forcing himself to his knees at gunpoint.

Did you notice how wet Jack was at the beginning of the scene with Heller, and how he had dried out by the end? I can just imagine poor Kiefer in make up that day. Hello, Kiefer, today we are going to pour a bucket of water on you. Every time you shiver, or your voice isn't quite broken enough, or Bill forgets his lines, we're going to throw another bucket of water on you. Bet he was glad when that scene was over.

BTW Dan, I liked you review.

#7 2007-06-06 22:23:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

ok. I haven't read any of the comments yet, but just finished watching eps 20-24 so i want my thoughts up here while they're fresh.

karen and bill
thank god they're not dead! since ep 1 I've had this distinct feeling that one or both of them was gonna die. and the moment they brought bill back - was it in ep 20 or 21, I was like, no. shit. don't. he survived and that's good. but I do have a bone to pick with them. karen and bill get pardoned, run free, no persecution, and they get to walk away into the sunset and have a nice life. a life that I would have wanted for tony and michelle. a life that THEY were not allowed to have. they were robbed of their dignity and didn't deserve a happy ending after giving so much to ctu but bill and karen apparently have. ok. get past that. fine. bottom line, at least one character I really care about has lived. hold on, he's the ONLY character apart from jack I really still care about. ok, chloe's in the mix there, too. which brings us to another topic.

chloe and morris.
blah. first of all, explain to me why an ex-husband and ex-wife have to actually "break up" and at the end of the day, they end up having a child together? they're already divorced! now if we put aside the fact I'm no fan of screaming babies (keyword angela, season 3). I guess this means that chloe is 1) either not gonna be around in s7 since she's gonna be nursing or 2) that she will but we'll get yet another screaming baby on screen which I stronly oppose to. however, my feeling about this is that this is the exit for chloe. she's been around for 3 seasons now and before they kill her, they'll let her walk. they learned from their mistakes - maybe - and paid a high price when they killed david, michelle and tony and all those other ppl in one season, so they seem to be willing to let ppl off the hook this time. anyway, back to the chloe topic. let's think about the meaning of this for a second: interpret it as ctu does not only kill life, life can actually come out of it. ok, fine, I can live with that. bottom line, this could be a goodbye to chloe. it would probably also be a good goodbye. she deserved it. she gets to live, too and get a happy ending. good. which yet again makes the bridge over to someone who didn't:

milo
now wasn't that sweet? they brought him back, gave him a little bit of a marginal role (yes, he was at ctu all the time, but what EXACTLY was he doing apart from always keeping an eye on other people's relationships...) and then they did what? *drum roll* right! they KILLED HIM. hmm, who does that remind me of? IT guys have a dangerous job, right?  (does someone remember paula schaeffer?...). ctu gets attacked every couple of years. the counter terrorist unit seems to be THE building in whole of LA that has the worst security EVER! I mean, you'd think they would have learned from their mistakes... there was the bomb, then a nerve gas and now a surgical raid and CTU did nothing to avert it... hello? I thought security was increased after 9/11 in the states, not relaxed. fine, I'll admit, the attack was a nice stunt and hey, these terrorists actually seemed capable. at least they seemed to have learned from one thing and gave milo a meaningful death. again, that was apparently something tony didn't deserve. RIP milo. shame you didn't make the s7 cast. maybe there might have been a more useful storyline for you there. then again, maybe not.

bauer family
does nuttyness lie in our genes? I guess I should know, I'm a biologist. lol. either way, phillip bauer is a total whacko, like his son bluetooth was. the part between the three generations of bauers on the oil platform was admittedly superb. loved every moment of it. jack talking josh out of killing phillip and then not wanting to actually pull the trigger on him, not that he wouldn't have, but he didn't want to give him the satisfaction. the scene was very strong and enjoyable. although I wish we'd found out that josh was actually jack's son. they so look alike! when josh was standing there with the gun in his hand, I was like, that's jack jr alright. it was about damn time. up until then I kept thinking of kim and how brave she was (after overcoming the initial scared teeneager phase) and was pleasantly surprised as josh finally took the matters in his own hands and tried to get rid of (and actually shot) phillip. good stuff there. though it doesn't shed a light of normalcy on the bauers wink. one thing that got me yawn again - or rather gasp at the repetitiveness of the dialogue (a fact that followed the season throughout) was the moment where phillip said to josh, "I don't expect you to understand everything now but one day you will and you'll thank me for it." *cough* anyone hear a bell ringing? Saunders? Jane? but oh well. guess whackos aren't planted, they somehow materialize out of nothing wink. maybe they all come out of the same pool of nuttiness.

jack and heller / audrey
GREAT stuff. just when I thought the season was gonna end on an unsurprising note. ok, it wasn't surprising that jack would go and find audrey - especially since kim raver's name was on the credits at the beginning of the episode - but really that was in character completely. confronting heller about not trying to get him out of china, abandoning him, being angry with audrey when she tried. wow. good stuff. loved the scene between them - them meaning jack and heller AND jack and the sleeping princess. superb acting on kiefer's part, great monologue there ("How dare you" etc. I'm sure you know what I mean), heller's speech wasn't bad either. the moment he mentioned teri I was like, now he's gonna whack him. jack didn't. but I instantly had tony and jack before my myind's eye ("My god, jack. didn't you learn anything from what happened to teri?" "Shut up tony! shut up!" one of the great classics in my book)

as for jack and audrey - totally touching. had me on the verge of tears (though just for one second). it was one of very very very few moments this season that was so moving. the other being when jack shot curtis. anyway, it was totally in character that jack would decide that the safest thing for audrey was if he abandoned her.

which brings us to the last and final interesting point:

jack on the cliff
now we all know that kiefer has signed up for a couple more seasons, but oh boy. great moment. I mean jack could just be standing there thinking, and then you have the camera just show you where he's standing. the cliff. there's a bit of a fence or something in front of him but he could step over it, no problem. is he going to jump? is he gonna kill himself like some of us have rooted for as the ending of the series as a whole? (I still think him dying is the only way to end 24, but we'll see.) well, certainly, he wouldn't jump, kiefer is still in the show and they have the movie coming up. but the ending - if you take it to mean that jack is at least considering suicide - is both plausible and meaningful. he has changed. he has nothing to live for. he's an empty shell. I almost rooted for him to actually do it. but then again, he can't, right? and then there comes the

*silent clock*. ouch. who was that for? granted, you could explain it away by saying it's for the whole feel of the season - or it could be the silent clock tony never got - but you could also say it was a bit of a touch of genius, to do that to actually support the thought that jack would jump or that he - the way we know him - is dead. quite possibly the clock also means that the series as we know it is "dead" - paving the way for the promised general overhaul in season 7. we'll see what the 'new and improved' 24 will look like.

--

to sum up, season 7 will definitely be fresh, because - well, everything's gone. destroyed and dead. ctu seems to be over with, jack as we know him is dead, chloe and morris are gonna start a family, bill and karen are out of the picture, poor doyle is going blind (pity, actually I was just beginning to like him - guess he's chase's alter ego. one season field agent wonder that gets incapacitated just when you thought he'd fit in so well and he was doing such a good job) and if we see the VP next season I'll be seriously pissed off cause - well, he said it himself - he wasn't worth shit as president. he made all the wrong calls. then again, knowing 24, they could change him and make him grow and actually BE president for once. oh well. wait and see.

on the whole, the season was nice entertainment with some few brilliant moments (notably, the beginning and the end of the season, and a few things in between that I can't quite remember), and lots of xeroxing from the earlier seasons, some I am willing to overlook, others I'm not. it certainly isn't up there with my favorite seasons, which, as stale as it might sound, to me still remain the early seasons.  it hasn't managed to rank higher than season 3 in my book, but it is currently ranking above season 5. then again, it's likely any season will rank above season 5 in my book, for obvious reasons.

it will be interesting to see just WHAT the new 24 will look like. with this ending, they have pretty much kept all the doors open. anything can happen. they can even move away from CTU completely and use a whole new staff except for kiefer. actually, they must move away from CTU because it's become quite uninteresting, just like the white house. I can't say I've cared enough and isn't it a rule in all writing (and fiction) that the readers or viewers have to *care* about your characters. well...

there, those are my initial - not entirely thought through - thoughts that dan will certainly tame like he always does when he explains the necessity of certain elements there. I need to turn in now. it's late. lol.

I'll start watching season 1 again tomorrow. let the rewatch begin wink

and for the protocol: Almeida is god big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#8 2007-06-06 23:18:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

So many good points, let me reply to a few of them.

jack_addict wrote:

karen and bill
thank god they're not dead! ...

You seem a bit angry that they got to walk into the sunset, but Tony and Michelle didn't, I think simply that's the evolution of the show, the cycle of it more perhaps.

jack_addict wrote:

chloe and morris.
explain to me why an ex-husband and ex-wife have to actually "break up"

They we're married and then divorced before Morris was introduced at the end of S5, then it was implied that Chloe and Morris had started to see each other in the gap between 5 and 6. I thought it was quite a touching moment, though if it is a goodbye for chloe i'll be slightly annoyed, she deserved a little more time, though i'm willing to over look it given the end of the episode.

milo
now wasn't that sweet? they brought him back, gave him a little bit of a marginal role (yes, he was at ctu all the time, but what EXACTLY was he doing apart from always keeping an eye on other people's relationships...) and then they did what? *drum roll* right! they KILLED HIM. hmm, who does that remind me of? IT guys have a dangerous job, right?

Yeah, that part sucked, he deserved better, I believe actually it was the set up for a scene between Nadia and Doyle in the finale that got rewritten out.

(does someone remember paula schaeffer?...)

ah yes, Chloe in beta test mode.

bauer family
does nuttyness lie in our genes?...

I wasn't sure what the make of everything going on there, but they salvaged what they could from it.

jack and heller / audrey
GREAT stuff. just when I thought the season was gonna end on an unsurprising note. ok, it wasn't surprising that jack would go and find audrey - especially since kim raver's name was on the credits at the beginning of the episode - but really that was in character completely. confronting heller about not trying to get him out of china, abandoning him, being angry with audrey when she tried. wow. good stuff. loved the scene between them - them meaning jack and heller AND jack and the sleeping princess. superb acting on kiefer's part, great monologue there ("How dare you" etc. I'm sure you know what I mean), heller's speech wasn't bad either. the moment he mentioned teri I was like, now he's gonna whack him. jack didn't. but I instantly had tony and jack before my myind's eye ("My god, jack. didn't you learn anything from what happened to teri?" "Shut up tony! shut up!" one of the great classics in my book)

as for jack and audrey - totally touching. had me on the verge of tears (though just for one second). it was one of very very very few moments this season that was so moving. the other being when jack shot curtis. anyway, it was totally in character that jack would decide that the safest thing for audrey was if he abandoned her.

Verge of tears?, I was ..., well it took me a while to recover.

*silent clock*. ouch. who was that for? granted, you could explain it away by saying it's for the whole feel of the season

Really it was only a quasi-silent clock, as it did have background noise over it, similar to what we got at the end of series 2. Really I think it's open to opinion what it was for, i'm of the believe it was a duel thing, a) end of the show in its current form b) the death of a part of jack, and everything in between.

#9 2007-06-07 08:04:57

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

You seem a bit angry that they got to walk into the sunset, but Tony and Michelle didn't, I think simply that's the evolution of the show, the cycle of it more perhaps.

unfortunately I'm still quite bitter about T/M and I guess it won't change. just how wonderful would it have been if it had been tony instead of bill out there in the field with jack. but admittedly, bill did a good job of it. I'm not angry about B/K getting a happy end. actually I guess if they had made them the new tony and michelle we would have been more angry. it's just another example of them reusing a plot line from an earlier season and resolving it in a different way. on the other hand, they could still bring them back for 14 minutes in season 7 and kill them. just for the sake of it. I wouldn't think it's impossible. though unlikely. since s7 will be moving away from CTU so I assume all new cast and crew.

hardy24 wrote:

I thought it was quite a touching moment, though if it is a goodbye for chloe i'll be slightly annoyed, she deserved a little more time,

yes, she might have, but with the makeover around the corner, odds are she wouldn't have lived long. so just be happy she did wink

hardy24 wrote:

he deserved better

oh well. you could say they've been generous with killing off main characters this season. milo was indeed expendable. because they handled his storyline quite inexpertedly (does that word even exist...)

hardy24 wrote:

Verge of tears?, I was ..., well it took me a while to recover.

yeah, well, I guess it's just because I have been very emotionally detached from this season. it hasn't managed to involve me quite as much as the earlier seasons did. but I'll admit it was a very moving moment. I did feel sorry for jack.

hardy24 wrote:

Really it was only a quasi-silent clock, as it did have background noise over it, similar to what we got at the end of series 2. Really I think it's open to opinion what it was for, i'm of the believe it was a duel thing, a) end of the show in its current form b) the death of a part of jack, and everything in between.

hmm. I can't be sure but didn't the s2 clock have david palmer's heartbeat over it? I really wouldn't have thought of that as a silent clock. really the most plausible explanation is the end of 24 as it has been, and the death of jack as we know him. although, I doubt it that they'll make jack that much different because - oh well - they want people to keep watching. so while they get rid of everyone else, jack has to stay what the people love him for, and they'll be quite restricted in the freedom of what they can do to jack.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#10 2007-06-07 10:13:32

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

yeah, well, I guess it's just because I have been very emotionally detached from this season. it hasn't managed to involve me quite as much as the earlier seasons did. but I'll admit it was a very moving moment. I did feel sorry for jack.

I know you've been emotionally detached this season, but to be honest I felt as if it dealt with 6 years of pent up emotion. And do me a favour, either quickly now, or when we get to it in the rewatch, watch the last say two episodes of s4 - then tag that scene on the end as if it was the last scene of S4 (also imagining S4 had the setup scene between Jack and Heller). I think you'll see it wasn't an ending to S6, but an ending to a book which has had 6 chapters.

hmm. I can't be sure but didn't the s2 clock have david palmer's heartbeat over it? I really wouldn't have thought of that as a silent clock.

Well the end of S2 was sans-the usual countdown sound, so for me it gets a mention in the club, even if it wasn't marking a death. Point being they were both marking something other than death, but close.

really the most plausible explanation is the end of 24 as it has been, and the death of jack as we know him. although, I doubt it that they'll make jack that much different because - oh well - they want people to keep watching. so while they get rid of everyone else, jack has to stay what the people love him for, and they'll be quite restricted in the freedom of what they can do to jack.

Jack will still have to be recognisable, I just see him having evoluved (sp?) slightly more than we're used to between seasons. A jump like we saw between S3 and the beginning of S4, only with more of it actually sticking.

#11 2007-06-07 12:14:06

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

bauer family
does nuttyness lie in our genes? I guess I should know, I'm a biologist. lol. either way, phillip bauer is a total whacko, like his son bluetooth was. the part between the three generations of bauers on the oil platform was admittedly superb. loved every moment of it. jack talking josh out of killing phillip and then not wanting to actually pull the trigger on him, not that he wouldn't have, but he didn't want to give him the satisfaction. the scene was very strong and enjoyable. although I wish we'd found out that josh was actually jack's son. they so look alike! when josh was standing there with the gun in his hand, I was like, that's jack jr alright. it was about damn time. up until then I kept thinking of kim and how brave she was (after overcoming the initial scared teeneager phase) and was pleasantly surprised as josh finally took the matters in his own hands and tried to get rid of (and actually shot) phillip. good stuff there. though it doesn't shed a light of normalcy on the bauers wink. one thing that got me yawn again - or rather gasp at the repetitiveness of the dialogue (a fact that followed the season throughout) was the moment where phillip said to josh, "I don't expect you to understand everything now but one day you will and you'll thank me for it." *cough* anyone hear a bell ringing? Saunders? Jane? but oh well. guess whackos aren't planted, they somehow materialize out of nothing wink. maybe they all come out of the same pool of nuttiness.

Of course nuttiness is in our genes! One of the things I loved about this season, was, after getting to know Jack so well, getting to see his family and where he came from. His connection to his dad was superbly done, they are from the same mould, and I liked hearing Phillip saying "You did great!" - suddenly you see Jack as his father's son. There was in 24 a split screen with the two of them, in an almost Darth Vader/Luke scene, each trying to work out how to get a step ahead.

As for Josh, I just don't see Jack as his father. They are closely related, even as uncle/nephew, and that's enough to explain Josh's propensity to get himself into trouble and occasional dalliance with guns. More importantly, for Jack to sleep with his sister-in-law while being married to Teri makes him (to me) much less attractive as a man. It's OK that he slept with Nina while separated from Teri, because he was honest about this. In the books set before season 1 he is portrayed as being attracted to other women, and even sleeping with one to maintain his cover, and this I can forgive him. But in my imagination, his relationship with Marilyn has to come before he fathers Kim with Teri.

The only one I have trouble with is Graem as Jack's brother. They're just too physically different.

I wonder if we'll ever meet Aunt Carol, from season 2? She could have been Teri's sister or Jack's. Perish the thought that Carol and their mother might also have been in on the assassination of David Palmer! wink

#12 2007-06-07 12:20:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

either quickly now, or when we get to it in the rewatch, watch the last say two episodes of s4 - then tag that scene on the end as if it was the last scene of S4 (also imagining S4 had the setup scene between Jack and Heller). I think you'll see it wasn't an ending to S6, but an ending to a book which has had 6 chapters.

no, you're right, like I said, the ending is pretty symbolic, marking the end of 24 as we know it, maybe - that is, depending on how much they change next season - and they seem to be changing a lot.

hardy24 wrote:

Point being they were both marking something other than death, but close.

yes, that's true

hardy24 wrote:

Jack will still have to be recognisable, I just see him having evoluved (sp?) slightly more than we're used to between seasons. A jump like we saw between S3 and the beginning of S4, only with more of it actually sticking.

*evolved smile. and yeah I suppose that he'll have to change and yet be recognizable. but I was told last night something about season 7 and I'm not sure of the source, but I will state it in spoiler tags here

[spoiler]season 7 is apparently supposed to be set only a week or so after season 6. my first thought when I heard this was, 'kiefer is getting to old to do this job' (he stated so in interviews) and maybe they're - if this is true - going to try and make jack age a little slower since he, too, has aged even more than kiefer has, with the years between seasons. so, as much as jack's change is necessary, if they do continue just a week later, it's unlikely he can have changed all that much.[/spoiler]

tony.jpg

#13 2007-06-07 13:58:08

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

I was told last night something about season 7 and I'm not sure of the source, but I will state it in spoiler tags here...

response...

[spoiler]If thats true then, possibly S7 will simply see Jack at the start of a change, which the events of S7 flesh out and eventually force Jack into some kind of new equilibruim, - perhaps coming to terms with the fact that he will never be able to completely leave his "all action hero" alterego behind forever, when he has, it hasn't lasted long, so maybe S7 could help Jack to find a way to balance the two sides of himself - hero, and regular person crying out for a normal life.[/spoiler]

smitten wrote:

There was in 24 a split screen with the two of them, in an almost Darth Vader/Luke scene, each trying to work out how to get a step ahead.

I saw that, loved it.

#14 2007-06-07 16:17:24

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

o

chloe and morris.
anyway, back to the chloe topic. let's think about the meaning of this for a second: interpret it as ctu does not only kill life, life can actually come out of it. ok, fine, I can live with that. bottom line, this could be a goodbye to chloe. it would probably also be a good goodbye. she deserved it. she gets to live, too and get a happy ending. good. which yet again makes the bridge over to someone who didn't:

I agree, Jack Addict. I think Chloe has really grown up, and out of her personality disorder. When you compare since season 3, she has grown steadily more normal. It really takes someone like Chloe to benefit from an environment like that! Anyway, it's good for her, but makes her less interesting to watch. She could make reappearance, that would be nice if she could save Jack in between the nursings. It would be a good twist if we could say goodbye without killing her off.

#15 2007-06-07 18:35:55

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:

Anyway, it's good for her, but makes her less interesting to watch. ...

it certainly does make her less interesting to watch. she has developed in the past 3 years and her role has been increasingly taken over by others, this season, the sarcasm came more from morris and a bit from milo but not so much from chloe.

smitten wrote:

It would be a good twist if we could say goodbye without killing her off.

then take this as her goodbye. I guarantee you if she comes back again, she'll go down the road of tony and milo.

tony.jpg

#16 2007-06-07 19:18:00

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

it certainly does make her less interesting to watch. she has developed in the past 3 years and her role has been increasingly taken over by others, this season, the sarcasm came more from morris and a bit from milo but not so much from chloe.

Hmm, I suppose, though actually I thought Chloe was quite funny this year in her double act with Morris. They were great for comedy, as well as being probably the closest thing we had this season to a "regular/normal/realistic" relationship.

then take this as her goodbye. I guarantee you if she comes back again, she'll go down the road of tony and milo.

I think it's entirely possible she could be back for a short but sweet cameo next year, and that she'll live to tell the tale.

#17 2007-06-07 19:36:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Hmm, I suppose, though actually I thought Chloe was quite funny this year in her double act with Morris. They were great for comedy, as well as being probably the closest thing we had this season to a "regular/normal/realistic" relationship.

well, it's not like she wasn't funny. actually, come to think of it, I remember feeling in a few instances that they had too many sarcastic characters for chloe to still be the same. it's good that she grew up. I'm glad she's still alive.

I think it's entirely possible she could be back for a short but sweet cameo next year, and that she'll live to tell the tale.

I could be wrong. That's entirely possible too wink

tony.jpg

#18 2007-06-07 20:14:29

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah because personally, I think the retooling will see the blood lust go out the window.

#19 2007-06-07 20:23:56

smitten

hardy24 wrote:

I suppose, though actually I thought Chloe was quite funny this year in her double act with Morris. They were great for comedy, as well as being probably the closest thing we had this season to a "regular/normal/realistic" relationship.

I'm afraid I got very fed up of the Chloe/Morris thing. Not so much a love triangle, as a love rectangle (when you count Milo and Nadia), and I just found the plot going this way, then back, then back again, too often. Cheap filler. It was like being back in primary school and falling out with my best friend every other day.

I hope hope she comes back for a little cameo.

#20 2007-06-07 20:42:54

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Yeah because personally, I think the retooling will see the blood lust go out the window.

quite likely. but then again, it'll be a whole new cast so... I can see at least some of us go, "*shrug*, who gives a damn." unless - unless they actually create characters we start caring about from the word go.

smitten, you're right, it was even a love pentagon - when you count in doyle in there with milo and nadia...

tony.jpg

#21 2007-06-08 08:26:20

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

smitten, you're right, it was even a love pentagon - when you count in doyle in there with milo and nadia...

How can I have forgotten about Mike already? wink

#22 2007-06-08 09:02:55

J_A
Administrator
Website

smitten wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

How can I have forgotten about Mike already? wink

lol. I dunno tongue
poor guy, gonna be blind for the rest of his life sad

tony.jpg

#23 2007-06-08 10:23:35

M F Luder

Didn't they say he might regain some vision in his other eye, at least. Shame though what happened.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

Board footer