24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#76 2007-10-02 08:15:45

Petal

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hey, welcome to the board, although I'm not new to the board, I also work around work and kids to try and get my life back onto the forum section of life. Just got J_A's comment about people finding life outside 24, man she really cuts you, watch her lol.

My Dad was named after a place in Nova Scotia btw, so I have a soft spot for the place even though I've never been wink

#77 2007-10-02 12:54:53

lovekiefer

Thanks Petal. You should visit NS - weather is not great here but lots of scenery.  And I actually got to meet Kiefer once when he came here to film the Bay Boy in Glace Bay.  I think he was about 18 as was I - being underage didn't keep him from going to bars - me either I guess:)

well I better read up on some posts to get the hang of things.

#78 2007-10-02 18:27:59

J_A
Administrator
Website

welcome, and thanks petal for the introduction tongue

i just hope you won't be one of those who just come here once and then forget the boards.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#79 2007-10-04 19:00:26

24nut
Website

welcome to the forum wink

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#80 2007-10-12 01:45:10

Jack FTW

Hi everybody!
I've been browsing through this site for a couple of hours (you easily loose track of time when looking through all the quotes and comments on the show) and then decided to become a member smile I usually refer to the show as 'Jack' instead of '24, so that’s kinda the reason for the username..
I'm a 19 years old girl. I'm currently living in Copenhagen, Denmark, but in a month I'm on my way to the States where I'm gonna be an au pair in Seattle for the next 12 month – a true 24-fan will do almost anything to get closer to Jack, right? tongue
I found this site tonight when I was filled up with desperation; I don't have a TV, so I always watch DVDs (incl. 24 wink) on my laptop. Then yesterday evening when I felt like taking a little trip down memory lane with s1 I sadly found out that my laptop was somehow damage cause it wouldn't play any of my DVDs, not even Jack! sad  As you'd probably imagine this was a bit of a downer, so I just went to bed instead... Then this evening I still couldn't get Jack out of my head, and decided to see what 24-news the Internet could provide as a compensation for the real thing. I found a Danish fan site, but it didn't really seem to be too developed and so I found this site.

It's been a huge delight to find a place where others are just as crazy about Jack and '24' as I am myself! big_smile Of course I know people who are watching the show, but no one who's just as devoted (how can that be?!!). For me '24' is the ultimate show, it combines the genres action, thriller, drama and a bit of romance in a way that no other show has ever managed to, it's thrilling as well as credible and without doubt habit-forming!

Well, that was an introduction as well as a little tribute to '24'.. You never can praise that show too much though.

Nice to meet you all smile

- Jack FTW

Last edited by Jack FTW (2007-10-12 01:47:52)

-- Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry. --

#81 2007-10-12 01:54:06

Jack FTW

Though it's very easy to finde your way around the site I do have one question. What do the words Papershuffler, Techie and Deputy Special Agent In Charge refer to?

#82 2007-10-12 08:33:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

hej there smile

welcome to the board. glad to have a dane here! we already have a finn, and though I'm neither, I do learn swedish (and I have a danish friend).

the words you're mentioning are the ranks you get for posting a certain amount of messages on the board. so just post a lot big_smile

I do have one request though. although I appreciate your love for jack (in fact, my 24 fandom started with jack (hence my user name), but has since turned completely to the dark side and to tony), it would make it easier if you referred to the show as 24 and not as jack because it will otherwise get quite confusing to read your posts. lol. it would really make our lives easier here wink thanks

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#83 2007-10-12 11:18:00

Jack FTW

Thank you very much, glad to be here wink

Well I guess a have to post some messages then, can't be a Papershuffler for the rest of life, now can i? tongue

So how many different nationalities do you have on the board?

#84 2007-10-12 15:33:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah it would be great if the posting picked up again a little bit big_smile

I can't tell for sure, mainly because many people have joined but aren't exactly posting. but from what I do know is, there are quite a few UK people, then I know of one Australian, one American, then the Finn, me (German), and you. I know we had a Norwegian at some point, but she hasn't been around for a long time, as well as another Australian etc.

tony.jpg

#85 2008-02-13 20:15:17

Past Present Fortune

My name is Mohammed Amin, I'm from Birmingham, England and recently turned 17, I have 3 brother and 1 sister who are all older then me but only 1 of my brothers is also a 24 fan.

I started watching 24 very late (after season 6 finished) but as soon as I saw the Pilot episode I was hooked for life, currently I own all 6 seasons of 24 as well as the Official Companion Books for each one not mentioning all of the various 24 memorabilia that I own such as Trading Cards and a Limited Edition copy of "24: The Game" for the Sony PlayStation 2.

Just to let you guys know... I got so hooked after watching the Pilot episode of the show I managed to watch all 6 seasons in just 2 weeks... you calculate the hours and you won't believe how many hours I was watching a day.

The reason I joined these forums is so I could talk about 24 with people like me, and I have a feeling I'll meet some insane fans like me as well.

I guess that's all I have to write for now, P E A C E !

#86 2008-02-13 22:27:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

hi there, welcome to the forum smile. it's nice to see people are still getting hooked and that there are new "crazy" ones out there who'll do a 24 marathon big_smile.

I'll go check the other posts you've made now smile

tony.jpg

#87 2008-02-13 23:05:55

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Ah, 24 marathons, so fun, so bad for your health. Our more addicted members have been known to watch entire seasons straight through in one go. Myself included.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#88 2008-02-14 13:14:38

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:

hi there, welcome to the forum smile. it's nice to see people are still getting hooked and that there are new "crazy" ones out there who'll do a 24 marathon big_smile.

I'll go check the other posts you've made now smile

Thanks for the welcome, I think I'm going to like it here.

#89 2008-02-14 13:15:38

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

Ah, 24 marathons, so fun, so bad for your health. Our more addicted members have been known to watch entire seasons straight through in one go. Myself included.

Believe me, I've done it a few times, so beautiful yet so unhealthy at the same time, smile.

#90 2008-02-14 22:44:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

Past Present Fortune wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

Believe me, I've done it a few times, so beautiful yet so unhealthy at the same time, smile.

been there, done that of course big_smile. sleep is overrated when there's 24 to watch wink

tony.jpg

#91 2008-02-15 10:07:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

been there, done that of course big_smile. sleep is overrated when there's 24 to watch wink

And that is why one day I will rent out a small cinema, and watch every episode of every season through over about a week.

#92 2008-02-15 12:09:56

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

And that is why one day I will rent out a small cinema, and watch every episode of every season through over about a week.

WHAT AN INSANE IDEA!!! I LOVE IT!!!

#93 2008-02-15 18:05:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

lol, yeah me too. dan, is that the 24 fan meet we've been talking about for years now? wink

tony.jpg

#94 2008-02-16 20:45:27

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

lol, yeah me too. dan, is that the 24 fan meet we've been talking about for years now? wink

Years? how long have these forums been around for?

#95 2008-02-17 00:49:01

hardy24
Administrator
Website

About 3 or 4 years, if you count a previous forum which myself and the same people who run this one. Although some of us have been talking on various other forums for 6 or 7 years.

#96 2008-02-17 10:32:14

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

About 3 or 4 years, if you count a previous forum which myself and the same people who run this one. Although some of us have been talking on various other forums for 6 or 7 years.

Whoah... that's a long time.

#97 2008-02-17 13:01:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Whoah... that's a long time.

yes, so it is smile. I think I started posting during the season 2 of 24, and at least those of us who are "running this forum" as dan put it, have been there at that time, too.  so you see, we're a bunch of chaps, lads and ladies who've known each other for quite a while - myself included big_smile.

tony.jpg

#98 2008-02-17 14:00:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, me and SteveB where both posting on the official BBC forums from just after series 1.

#99 2008-03-02 21:21:34

sroth_1

Hello all you 24 fanatics. Obsessed fan here myself. Is anyone else from the states here?

#100 2008-03-03 12:02:25

deadmanmoz

hi sroth

welcome to the board.
Most of us that are posting at the moment are from England, apart from the wonderful JA who is in Switzerland.
Where is America are you from?

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

Board footer