24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-16 11:58:04

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Seasons Seven & Eight Confirmed

Kiefer & Co (other people we may or may not have met before) will be back for two more years, as was confirmed by Fox's upfront's announcement today, or yesterday, or recently.

It was suspected that it would be back since Kiefer had signed a three year deal last year.

More details @ http://24fans.com/?p=287

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-05-16 15:13:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Seasons Seven & Eight Confirmed

yeah i was just about to post what MFL showed me from reuters.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/1 … index.html

the paragraph about "renewing" it by making it a "real time thriller" sounds like reinventing it back to season 5 to me, frankly, and I don't see how doing that would reinvent anything, really.

the second paragraph you also quoted about diff locations and cast sounds like the reason I'd think twice before watching it. locations, fine, but the cast, I mean, there's already no-one left I care about with their effective sacking of you know who in ep 20 or so, just chloe - and that's so far... this sounds like they're again just gonna kill off everyone. and they are. eventually. it's going to be a show for a new bunch of fans, I think I'll just stick with the first 4 seasons myself. but I said this before, so we'll see what comes out of it. I'll prob watch but just to see if I was right

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-05-16 17:36:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I think the diff cast and locations, sounds like digging for a story that isn't really there, especcially the cast, that's just something they do after every series, re-evaluating all the characters, pruning some, and shifting some of them locations or there part in the story. (i.e., moving Karen from a Homeland district directory person in s5 to National Security Advisor in s6)

Actually to me "Real time thriller" evokes images of s1 more than s5.

Frankly i'm quite eager to watch to see exactly how sweeping the changes end up being, and to see if I  become "readdicted" like I did in s5.

#4 2007-05-16 19:01:26

J_A
Administrator
Website

well, it's wait and see, Dan. but for me, they haven't managed to get me addicted since season 3, or maybe 4. yeah I think s4 had somewhat of an effect on me. with 5 and 6, frankly, I can wait for weeks until I see another ep and not feel the burning in my veins and the need to watch another ep soon wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-05-16 19:58:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Well for me, the only times I lost the addiction was during S4, when would approach each new episode with a large amount of caution, afriad that what I saw as the decline of the show would not continue. (Lucky it did eventually pull out the nosedive with the last four episodes or so.) and most recently i've lost it, though very slowly, although the last "I need the next episode right now moment" was at the end of episode four of this season when the nuke went off.

#6 2007-05-18 20:45:43

24nut
Website

great news, althogh they were very late to renew.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#7 2007-05-18 20:49:31

hardy24
Administrator
Website

They where late to renew, atleast by what we're used to. I'm guessing that perhaps internally they might have let them know earlier, and there just making the statement now we'll they've got people's attention for the finale on monday.

#8 2008-03-12 11:46:35

Past Present Fortune

I'm very happy that season 7 and 8 have been confirmed, smile.

Board footer