24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-11 16:10:26

BurtReynolds

This season's been pretty whack....but what if...?

Undoubtedly the poorest season so far - you can't really level 'unrealistic' as a criticism to a show like 24 but.....c'mon. Especially Jack's evil family. And kicking a suicide bomber out of a tube train. And shaving that beard off with a single blade disposable razor. Etc etc.

Anyway, I remember before the season started there were quotes from the producers/sutherland that this season was going to be much more about Jack vs everyone, rather than him doing his usual thing of tracking down terrorists and saving the world. Maybe they bottled?

What would have been good, and what I was hoping for during the first episode, was if after escaping from the terrorist he was handed over to by CTU, the terrorist contacted CTU and said that Jack had reneged on the deal, escaped, and therefore the attacks would go ahead. This could then lead into a situation where Jack was on the run from the terrorists, CTU (who would think he'd gone awol and screwed up their deal) and the Chinese, without any kind of back-up, but needing to get the information he possessed (about the fact that the guy who played the doctor in star trek wasn't a terrorist) to someone who could do something with it. Much more exciting, and a bit different. And all this with nukes going off around him, perhaps creating a Threads-like nuclear wasteland through which he has to battle. Or something.

#2 2007-05-11 18:37:21

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: This season's been pretty whack....but what if...?

well, you can't disagree that at least part of the season has been about him saving his own ass but think back - in the past jack has been on the run both from CTU and some terrorists so what you're suggesting wouldn't really have been all that different. I'm not sure if you've seen the other seasons - but I assume you have since you start your post with "the poorest season so far". I dare say jack was actually in the said situation in each and every season to date. what would have been so unusual about it this time around? wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer