24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-08 22:07:57

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Episode 21

Usual Warnings if you haven't seen the episode.

Won't say much on my own feelings about the episode now, except to say, I thought it had some pretty good moments in it and it had one of my new favourite jack lines

"Your damn right this is about revenge."

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-05-09 16:10:40

Sam Smith

Re: Episode 21

best episode of season 6 so far! big_smile

CTU have been attacked like 4 times now!

presidentoj5.jpg

#3 2007-05-09 17:39:15

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm not sure it was quite that good, episodes 4 and 17 lead the way for the "best episode of the season" crown for me so far.

But up there with the better episodes this season.

#4 2007-05-10 08:13:24

J_A
Administrator
Website

Sam Smith wrote:

well if your measurement of the quality of episodes and seasons is how many blow ups there are, then having CTU under attack is definitely a highlight... for me, in general (not speaking aobut this ep in particular since I haen't seen it), other qualities than explosions count.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-05-10 08:30:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I think Sam was just stating a fact.

Ofcourse your right JA, other things matter as well, i'm equally as concerned with how many baddies Jack mericilessly kills as a building is being taken over in a way which would make John McClane jealous. - Though this episode did pretty well on that as well.

#6 2007-05-10 09:43:14

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I think Sam was just stating a fact.

well, from what I remember, Sam, a.k.a. CTU_Agent_Bauer does like things blowing up tongue wink
I do, too, but not as the main concern of what the show's about smile

hardy24 wrote:

Of course you're right JA, other things matter as well, i'm equally as concerned with how many baddies Jack mercilessly kills as a building is being taken over in a way which would make John McClane jealous. - Though this episode did pretty well on that as well.

lol

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-05-20 21:10:56

smitten

hardy24 wrote:

Won't say much on my own feelings about the episode now, except to say, I thought it had some pretty good moments in it and it had one of my new favourite jack lines

"Your damn right this is about revenge."

Yes, there was a time Jack would have denied it was about revenge and claimed it was all about getting the chip back.

What a great bit of Jack action! Everything I thought was going to happen didn't, everything that did happen I couldn't have predicted in a million years. What does Pops Bauer want with Josh anyway, he clearly has no love for him.

#8 2007-05-21 09:02:23

deadmanmoz

You've gotta question the company that hires security guards to work at CTU!
Austin Powers henchmen are more effective

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#9 2007-05-22 12:53:39

smitten

Sam Smith wrote:

I can only remember 2 - Joe Wald's lot and the sentox gas. Have I missed one? Is 24 addiction messing with my mind?

I so love watching Jack prowl down a corridor with gun, which is funny because I really don't like guns at all. He just has such focus and concentration he's a joy to watch. It's a bit like watching a cat stalk its prey. Every muscle is on task, eyes and ears are totally alert.

I also get this 'kick' in the solar plexus every time Jack gets, well, kicked in the solar plexus. He's got cracked ribs, that's got to hurt!

#10 2007-05-26 13:36:18

Matsui

What really blows in 24 this year is that since you know that Jack will be wherever the action is, that means that the second Jack wasn't allowed to join the field team while we saw Cheng plan an attack, you just knew they would hit CTU so Jack could bag some badguys. I hate, no, LOATHE convenience!! sad

#11 2007-06-21 19:02:34

Steveb

I think the CTU attack was fairly well-handled. It was done very differently compared to previous assaults, which I like. It was actually more of a staging ground for the battle rather than a big government bullseye.

Plus nice to see the sword of damocles hasn't left of us all together. I was beginning to think that the producers had lost there bottle where character death was concerned, but no they can still do genuinely shocking from time to time.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#12 2007-06-27 23:32:15

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'd agree with most of what you said there steve, though did you not think Milo's death was a bit signposted by his conversation with Nadia before hand?

#13 2007-06-28 08:18:27

Steveb

Possibly, but a lot of what occured in season 6 was very much spoonfed to us. Things were incredibly drawn out to the point where I was bored by certain things by the time they actually happened. With Milo's death, yes it was inevitable that someone was going to go, but it was so quick that I was actually shocked by it.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

Board footer