24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-02 11:15:33

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Liverpool into 2nd CL Final in 3 years!

I was so happy last night, I was practically bouncing off the walls. Rafa the gaffer has done it again and some how beaten two of the favourites on our way to our second champions league final in 3 years.

During the penalty shoot out he was actually sitting on the grass, cross legged looking like Yoda or something. I was watching on TV, biting whole fingers off i was so tense, and he looked so calm, it's as if he'd devined the result in advance.

Best. Manager. Ever.

Off course then Mourinho threw his toys out the pram, I actually had visuals of him as a little kid having a temper tantrum because his parents had brought him the wrong toy.

"No I didn't want Cech ... I wanted Reina!"

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-05-02 12:41:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Liverpool into 2nd CL Final in 3 years!

LOL. Nice to see you're happy, dan big_smile. which reminds me, I could go and check how the swedes and the swiss are doing in ice hockey. though it's possible the game hasn't started yet. yesterday Finns lost to Russia (and you know MFL is an avid hockey fan from Finland) so if the Swedes beat the Swiss today (a likely scenario) then the Finns will play the Swiss next and then I'll be in another dilemma (the first one is today, do I support SWE or SUI? lol). anyway, *dashes off*

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-05-02 23:32:49

Steveb

Was a great result. Unfortunately tonight's wasn't so good. I wanted united to win so that we could beat them in the final. Never mind, we'll just have to beat AC Milan again instead.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2007-05-03 07:13:55

J_A
Administrator
Website

heh, yeah i just read that in the paper: AC Milan prevents English Final

well, steve, I'm right there with ya liverpoolians wink

another hard hockey night tonight - FIN against SUI... ok, it's quite clear finland will win - but it's still some kind of a support dilemma. lol. hmm, i just remembered, I told MFL in this case I'd  support finland. big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-05-03 11:14:27

deadmanmoz

hardy24 wrote:

"No I didn't want Cech ... I wanted Reina!"

lol brilliant!

Congrats to Steve, Dan and all Liverpool fans.
i hate chelsea beyond belief and am so glad they are out, but also like Liverpool so :cool:all round!

And all English final would have been cool but hey, as long as Liverpool win it, dont care who they beat in the final big_smile

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#6 2007-05-03 11:20:02

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm getting a bit of deja vu, beating Chelsea in the semis, Milan in the final. If a 36 year old italian defender scores a header in the first minute I think I might freak out just a little bit, or celebrate my ability to go back in time and bet on us to win on penalities.

Bit sad that Man Utd lost, would have been really cool to play them and beat them.

Just read an interview by Rick Parry, our chief exec, some really cheeky quotes about Chelsea, including, "the league cup is a good return for spending 500 million on the team"

#7 2007-05-03 13:28:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I'm getting a bit of deja vu, beating Chelsea in the semis, Milan in the final. If a 36 year old italian defender scores a header in the first minute I think I might freak out just a little bit, or celebrate my ability to go back in time and bet on us to win on penalities.

lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tony.jpg

#8 2007-05-03 14:56:10

Steveb

Dan the chant running round my local by the end on the night was:

1-0 down
4-1 up
All you've got's the Carling cup
With all that money you've done f*** all
The Champion's League is Liverpools!

Over and over and over again.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#9 2007-05-03 15:20:10

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, but the best quote for me was Stevie G responding to Mourinho's comment that Liverpool are a "small club", to which he replied, "well that would make us a small club thats made it to the champions league final twice in three years, not bad for a small club"

Milan are marginal favourites according to the bookies after tearing Man Utd apart. Still, I might just put a little money on Rafa pulling another out the hat.

#10 2007-05-23 22:19:05

Steveb

Shame we lost, but I think the lads played themsleves proud and if hadn't been for that bloody lucky first goal I think we'd have taken them.

#11 2007-05-24 09:21:43

deadmanmoz

Was a stupidly lucky first goal but then again so are most of inzaghi's goals!!!!

I didnt think the game was very good though, nothing on last years final, nothing on the milan vs united game, nothing on the liverpool vs chelsea game.
Shame really, but hey.

As the commentator said the future is very bright for liverpool, they have money to spend, big players are signing their futures to the club.

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#12 2007-05-24 12:24:28

J_A
Administrator
Website

I was about to say sorry about that guys, heard what happened. next year maybe?

tony.jpg

#13 2007-05-24 14:30:38

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, we'll be back for another crack at the top prize, not sure if it will be next year, but bright days ahead i'm sure and a top 2 finish in the league next year surely has to be out aim.

Board footer